“suspicious practices” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport

You added Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4700 S. Laburnum Avenue, Richmond, VA 23231 (Formerly Wyndham Richmond Airport Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #31 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Orchard Beach, Maryland
“suspicious practices”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Hotel location is easy to locate on a main drive. Front desk check in was friendly and expedient. I believe the front desk clerk on duty was Michelle? Plenty of parking is also available. Facility also has elevators, and was able to accommodate my special request for a roll in shower as I am handicapped. However, when we entered my assigned room, the space had not been completely cleaned. Carpet was dirty, littered, trash on floor under the furniture (cup), and towels were not provided in the bathroom. We were able to contact a housekeeper (LaToya) who was working on the floor, and came in immediately and corrected the discrepancies. Concluded business early , and decided on a stay over for rest. However, upon checkout on Saturday morning, my room rate was in dispute. Mr. Chiwengo did intervene and indicated that he would make the necessary adjustments. I called Mr. Chiwengo on Aug 16, and the problem has not been resolved as of this writing.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Jeremy G, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Eric S,

Thank you for your stay at Four Points Richmond Airport. We are happy to hear that our hotel was easy to locate off the main drive and that both the front desk staff and LaToya were helpful – we will be sure to let them know. Also, we are glad that we could accommodate your special request for a roll-in shower to suit your accessible needs. At the same time, we are sorry that your room was not ready for your visit. Regarding payment, we are happy that we were able to work out the earlier discrepancy to your satisfaction.

We are sorry again for the issues you experienced at our hotel and hope during your next visit to Richmond, you will give us the opportunity to provide you with uncompromising service and accommodations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I recently stayed at the Four Points hotel. I am a flight attendant and we stay there frequently. The staff is very courteous and the area has many restaurants, a grocery store and plenty of great shopping. On my recent trip, I left my license and credit card with my hotel key in the little hotel key package. I flew out that day and didn't realize I had lost them until the next day. I was so upset because I didn't know when or where i had lost them. I ran down to the desk hoping that somehow they had been found and returned. To my delight, they were there at the desk waiting for me in a safe place. My kind maid Keebony, had found and turned in my valuables. The staff is very nice and honest. I wanted to thank her and the professional staff for the great treatment and the comfortable and clean room that I get every time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Jeremy G, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Hi Angi L,

Thank you for making Four Points Richmond Airport your frequent home and taking the time to provide such great feedback!

We’re so happy to hear that you found our staff so accommodating, and that Keebony was able to help you find your credit card.

We hope to see you again next time you are in town!
Silver Spring, Maryland, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

my first night I notice a huge roach on the wall. The staff was nice enough to change my room. I thought maybe the roach might had come in from the window. until the next day at the pool i saw another roach! now these aren't your normal small roaches these things are huge! maybe inches long i don't think i would ever want to come back

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Ligia M,
We are so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. During the summer months there are more water bugs in the area than usual, however we do try to prevent them by having our hotel treated and inspected for them monthly. Please contact our Guest Service Manager, Denise Motley at denise.motley@fourpointsrichmondairport.com to discuss this further. We sincerely hope the rest of your stay in Richmond was a good one.
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Stayed here for one night while attending a concert and going to Kings Dominion. Check in was quick and Michael (I believe it was his name...young man, blonde hair) was a gem! He was professional and efficient. The breakdown is as follows:

Hotel: VERY clean

Location: Located on main highway that leads you right to Interstate 95. Restaurants and shopping steps away.

Parking: Free and plentiful

Room: VERY spacious, clean and the bed was heavenly. We had a room with a balcony that overlooked the pool. I thought it would be an issue with kids screaming but it closes early enough where you aren't bothered by the noise. There is a fridge and microwave in the room which was a huge plus.

Restaurant: Didn't get to go. They were closed when we got back.

Overall a well maintained hotel with great service. Will definitely be back when staying in Richmond.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We stopped here late at night on our way further south. This was much nicer and more updated than I anticipated. Service was very friendly and courteous at check-in and when asking for direction. The hotel is very well maintained, bright and clean - same goes for the room. It was a typical Starwood style room, nothing outstanding comes to mind. However, it was clean, consistent and comfortable, exactly how you want to find a room when you're tired from a day of traveling. I'll definitely stop here again if I am in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I felt Welcome, The front desk staff was very helpful, John, Shannon, Ashley, Jennifer, and there Manager Denise. They all when above and beyond to make us feel Welcome. Oh can't forget Harvey, the man of many words. He had the answer to all are questions. The Hotel was very clean from the Shuttle Van to the lounge, Pool, Guest room are public space
We love the in door pool we had a pizza pool party nice for the kids, the hotel is across the street from the mall, down the street from tons of restaurants, everything is at your fingertip.
Denise your you team is very passionate about there job and creating memorable experience not just for us but every one. This was are first time in VA and at your hotel. Oh by the way you have to try out there restaurant the food was great. Cheers! We will be back.

Room Tip: Room with a pool view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear BIG1718,
We really appreciate your review - thanks for sharing! We are delighted that you and your family had a comfortable stay with us enjoyed meeting our staff. We'll be sure to share your comments in our next team meeting. We hope to see you soon, take care!
Lincoln, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We needed a late night airport hotel stay before before a next day pick-up to nearby Midlothian. The shuttle picked us up just after 11 pm. Friendly, efficient service. Check-in was a breeze and our room was roomy - unlike the San Francisco Four Points we had stayed at the night before. The SF one gave us a handicapped room without telling us. We were too tired to hassle with asking for a change to a standard room. Almost no counter space. The Richmond bathroom had two sinks, plenty of counter space and 2 bottles of water - nice. The next morning we wanted to cross the busy highway to get to the mall. As we were trying to figure out if there was a safe way to cross, the shuttle driver called to us to hop in, dropped us off in front of Panera, handed us the hotel business card and insisted we call when we were ready to return. Would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear lrma007,
We really appreciate your review, thanks for sharing! We're delighted that you enjoyed our shuttle service from the airport and that we were able to take you safely across the highway to the mall. We hope you'll come back to see us when you are next in town. Take care!

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport? Share your experiences!