“Great Staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport

Save Saved
You added Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4700 S. Laburnum Avenue, Richmond, VA 23231 (Formerly Wyndham Richmond Airport Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #30 of 80 hotels in Richmond

193 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

If you want your feet to stick to the bathroom floor with an awful mildew smell, this is your hotel. Called down to ask for a different room. 25 minutes later, still waiting. However, the staff was courteous on checkin. I noticed a strong smell of paint with painter's tape along the top of the walls in the hallway.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
cburks, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Let me apologize about your bathroom floor upon checkin. I am investigating why your request to move was not accomodated. Please know that this is an isoloated occurence and my Executive Housekeeper has been made aware of this situation. I was happy to hear, however that our staff was warm and courteous to you during your stay. When you are in our area please allow us another opportunity to serve you in the manner that your deserve.
GRAND JUNCTION
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

If your looking for a place that has a Friendly staff this is it. Every one went out of their way to make my stay a enjoyable stay. The coffee is good and free but that's where it stops the pay as you go Restaurant is a the only draw back. However the local cuisine makes up the shortfall.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

cburks, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you for answering our survey in such a positive manner. We do strive to acknowledge all of our guest with the utmost of service and it pleases us to know that we met the mark where you were concerned. Please come to see us again when in our city.
Lynchburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I booked a room at the wyndham for a week night (dec 5 - tuesday) so I didn't have to try to make it to my daughter's 8am appt at MCV on time driving from my home about 2 hours away. The booking process was easy and Jeff was very helpful. I asked if they had a hospital rate as some of the hotels in that area do, he said they do not but found a way to discount the room price for me anyhow (thank you Jeff, every dollar saved helps and I foresee many trips to MCV coming our way). Upon arriving I was greeted with a warm smile and a wave as soon as we walked in even though the lady was on the phone helping another guest. (side note, I feel they should have more staff on hand in the evening because guests are not helped efficiently at no fault of the employee on duty.) She got me our room key, I go to the room and there were already people occupying my room. (I'm guessing because we were arriving in the evening possibly a room change happened earlier and someone assumed I wasn't showing up. We arrived around 7:30 P) She apologized and got us switched to a new room. My daughter and I immediately left and went to eat then went to the indoor pool when we got back. The indoor pool was cold (I saw this in another review, I'm guessing it hasn't been resolved.) When we got back to the room and I attempted to run my daughter a bath the hot water was not working. The gentlemen at the front desk was extremely polite about it and stated he would send someone. after about 30-45 minutes no one came and I called back. He said he would look into it. He called back within a couple of minutes and stated they weren't sure when it could get fixed but has a solution which was to move us to a vacant room (or allow us to use that bathroom) which happened to be a suite. He genuinely sounded like it bothered him to ask us to move at that time of night. In the end I got a room with hot water and I was happy. The beds were extremely comfortable and the rooms were extremely clean. This scenario could have easily played out very differently with a much lower rating had it not been for the great customer service and attention to the issues that popped up. If we have another early morning appointment in the future I will still very likely stay again despite the hiccups that happened along the way because 1. The rooms were very nice and comfortable and 2. I know if an issue does arise it will be handled politely and as quickly as possible. The only reason I didn't give the five stars was the multiple issues and the fact the pool temperature had been addressed in an earlier review and it was still too cold to get into the pool. The other is the understaffing, but I can understand keeping costs to a minimum as well and try not to hold that against the hotel.

Room Tip: some of the suites have balconies overlooking the indoor pool/atrium area which makes them unique. G...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so very much for the comments on your review. However I was not happy to hear that your hot water was not working and that it was not taken care of for you in a more timely manner. I was glad that Jeff offered solutions to your situation and he has been commended for his customer service in this situation. I do apologize for the fact that your were originally given a room that was occupied and this is being addressed. Please let us know when you are traveling to the Richmond area again. We will happy to be your home away from home and continue to give you the service you so richly deserve.

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport? Share your experiences!