“Accomodating staff made family reunion a pleasant experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport

You added Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4700 S. Laburnum Avenue, Richmond, VA 23231 (Formerly Wyndham Richmond Airport Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #31 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Cleveland, Ohio
“Accomodating staff made family reunion a pleasant experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights for my large family reunion. Overall, the staff was very accomodating. Waitresses in the restaurant tried to seat us together, they were very nice. The front desk people answered all our questions, and were always friendly. They replaced my lost items with no problems (keys, breakfast coupons, money from the vending machine). The housekeeping staff was nice and did a through job cleaning our rooms. Everytime we saw staff in the hallways or lobby they smiled and spoke. I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

We were in Richmond for Kingdom Builders Fellowship convocation, the hotel service was great. The free shuttle service was especially appreciated-drivers,John and Henry were courteous and helpful. We look forward to returning next year!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Temecula, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

Everyone we met on staff was friendly and helpful, providing a very welcoming, comfortable atmosphere. Jenypher at the front desk offered assistance above and beyond the call when we found ourselves locked out of our car and about to be late for the wedding that brought us here. She saved our day!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

We frequent this hotel often because we live in the area and my kids love the pool. The front desk clerk Jennifer was awesome. She made us want to always come back to the hotel. When we go and shes not there Im kind of hesitant because no other staffer takes care of us the way she does. We have another couple that goes there and they noticed that as well very pleasant and always willing to help with no attitude. The hotel is great and I love going to it.

Room Tip: Room near pool
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Alexandria, VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

I am here now and, unfortunately, have to stay for two more nights. My room is dark -- there is no window to the outside -- instead, my window looks out to the indoor pool. I am on a no smoking floor, yet when you walk out of the elevator, the dingy, stagnant odor of smokers of days past remains. My pillows smell like dish towels and I have no sheets. Sure, there is a mattress cover, but there are no other sheets -- just a duvet cover, so it is very hard to get comfortable -- either take the duvet off and be cold or cover yourself and be hot. The shower is the absolute worst I have ever experienced. I got wetter faster yesterday when I had to run outside to get something from my vehicle when it was sprinkling. There is no lock on the bathroom door and there is no ventilation, whatsoever, in the bathroom. The stink must dissipate into the room for everybody to share. I am just miserable......miserable.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
cburks, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport, responded to this review, June 28, 2011
I am disappointed to read you did not enjoy your recent stay at the Wyndham Richmond Airport Hotel. We truly strive to make each and every guest experience with us the best it can be. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for your displeasure in the room type you received. Many guests that stay with us request our atrium view rooms because of their location. I have also shared your feedback with our Executive Housekeeper and I can ensure you your concerns are being investigated. All guest room bedding includes a top sheet, along with the rest of our BeWell bedding package. Each guest room closet is also equipped with an additional pillow and blanket for convenience. The Wyndham Richmond Airport is a 100% smoke-free hotel. The housekeeping department refresh’s our guest rooms and corridors daily thru standard cleaning procedures, including air ventilation quality. Our maintenance team is available to respond as quickly as possible to anything that isn’t working just right, provided the opportunity, I am sure your shower experience could have been corrected and more refreshing. We hope you reconsider your choice and stay with us again so we me may show you the topmost level of service and accommodations our guests experience every day. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to have you as our guest again soon.
Stafford, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

I stayed here two nights on business. I was traveling on the government's dollar and was given a government rate of $87 per night. Well, at that rate it's a steal! Even at closer to $100 I would say it was a good deal. The hotel was a bit dated, but had obviously been renovated fairly recently. The room was very nice. Good comfortable bed, a nice chair to watch TV and do work in that had a built in tray to place your lap top on. It had a desk with another chair as well. The bathroom was nice and updated. The room was clean over all. My room was on the 4th/top floor. No real issues there. The in house bar was decent and a good place to relax in the evening if you don't feel up to going out. The location is 10 minutes to down town Richmond and near the airport as well. I would definitely stay there again, whether for business or personal travel. The only down side was the air conditioner in the room was a bit on the loud side.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Norfolk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

Location was pretty good- plenty in the area if you want to grab a bite and not eat in the hotel. Room was clean enough, except for some rather suspicious stains on the decorative pillows on the bed- serious yuck factor there. Decor seemed a little dated.

My room had a balcony that looked out over the pool, which was nice, but a concern I had was that the balcony ran the length of several rooms. That would not have been nice if I had strangers outside my balcony door. As it was, everything was quiet.

Continental breakfast was okay- I have seen more and better for free at lesser hotels. You had the option to upgrade and add a couple of hot items for $6.00, which I thought was a bit excessive for what you got.

Internet in the business center was a pay-as-you-go, and you need to input your credit card even to get the free 15 minutes.

All in all, it was pretty good. I would stay here again for the right price.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport? Share your experiences!