“Shonta Johnson” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 81 hotels in Richmond
North Chesterfield, Virginia, United States
“Shonta Johnson”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

The first day I relocated to Richmond (from Norfolk) took it's toll and I found myself lost in a big city, overwhelmed at having completed step 3 (finding a job) and ignoring steps 1 and 2 (save money and find a home). After getting lost for an hour, I was relieved to find a nice looking hotel, the Comfort Inn on Midlothian Turnpike. Once I approached the desk, I was greeted with a warm welcome and a smile, letting me know everything was going to be all right. Ms. Shonta Johnson was professional, personable and kind. Her customer service was unparallelled; I was so grateful that she was the receptionist. Because of her, I will always recommend this hotel to anyone I know who needs a nice, safe, friendly place to sleep.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
MichelleGuests, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Midlothian, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay at the Comfort Inn Midlothian Turnpike. We are so happy to hear that Shonta provided you with such a warm welcome, a smile and comforting words during your stressful relocation experience. She really is an amazing example of hospitality at its best! We love that your experience was so positive that you will now recommend our hotel to others who are traveling to the Richmond area.

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with others on TripAdvisor. We look forward to welcoming your friends and family to the hotel in the future. We wish you the very best on your relocation to Richmond!

100 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Spotsylvania, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Very clean hotel, comfortable bed, large room with many amenities (microwave, fridge, coffee maker). The staff was very nice. Great customer service from the front desk, the woman who cleaned our room, and staff we met in the halls or on the elevator. They asked us if we were enjoying our stay and if we needed anything. Provided the Wall Street Journal and USA Today for free. Bob Evans next door, lots of fast food and shopping very close.The parking lot was even clean, and we felt safe.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Midlothian, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. We were so happy to read your comments that you enjoyed the "very clean hotel, comfortable bed, and large room with many amenities". We have also passed along your comments regarding the great customer service to all of our staff. They all truly love welcoming guests into our hotel and making sure that everyone is enjoying their stay. They welcome our guests as if they were a guest in their own home!

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed having the Bob Evans Restaurant right next to the hotel. Many of our guests love the convenience of not having to get back in their car again to go to dinner after a long day on the road. As you mentioned, there are many dining and shopping options within a close drive of the hotel, if you wanted to venture out and explore the area.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with others on TripAdvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again the next time you are in Richmond.
Sebastian, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

Situated just south of Richmond this was a perfect stopover. The Motel is very clean and we stayed in a very nice room. The staff were very nice as was the breakfast. There is a nice Olive Garden right next door where we were served an excellent meal. No complaints at all, we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Peoria, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

I selected this hotel based on other trip advisor reviews, but was disappointed upon actually staying here. The rooms were clean and the service was very friendly. There was a Bob Evans right next door that I walked to for carry out. I felt that the rooms were pretty outdated. I was very disappointed in the breakfast. The website states that it is an expanded continental breakfast with eggs and more...what I found was a standard continental breakfast with no eggs or anything else extra. I was also very frustrated with the location and almost changed my reservation after checking out my travel route. The easiest way to this hotel from where I was coming from and to where I went after checkout was on toll roads. I had my gps avoid tolls and ended up caught in very slow traffic through neighborhoods on a two way road. While the room was ok and I felt safe and everything was clean, I think for the locations I was visiting I should have stayed elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

We had a group staying at this hotel. It was a nice clean hotel, normal breakfast stuff, but was very crowded and the staff couldnt keep up with the Breakfast food. One of my groups problem was the night staff. He said he was new, but found out from Andrew he wasnt. He had one of my family members waiting in the lobby for 2 hours and this was in the middle of the night. He said he was doig find until our group came in to check in, but it was only 3 rooms checking in at the time and not all at one time. He couldnt figure out what to do with a cash payment and a debit payment. For ex. I had 3 rooms in my name. I checked in one room round 10:45pm paid with my debit card. Two hours later the other family member came into the hotel to check into the 2nd room I reserved under my name and they paid cash. After getting the key I went up to this room and the man at the front desk call me to ask who paid with cash and which room di it go to. I told him I explained everything when I was checking in the 2nd room, but it did no good. I spoke with Andrew whom I had been dealing with when I booked the group at this hotel and he straighten out any problems we may have had the nite before. When booking make sure your group checks to make sure they all are getting charge the group rate. Some family members had problems with there rate, but it is fixed. I would stay here again if I was giving my Auntie a Party again since there meeting rooms were free if you have 10 rooms paid for and we had 12. Thanks Andrew for letting us stay in the meeting room a few hours extra due to our family crisis.

Room Tip: When you have a group make sure they dont check in when the nite staff is there he gets confused alo...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Virginia Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

We stayed here for one night during a sports tournament. It was a good value and a pleasant stay. It is not the fanciest nor most deluxe hotel, but very nice accommodations for the money. The staff is particularly to be commended for their friendly, professional service. At both check-in and check-out the front desk attendants were top notch in being helpful and courteous. Breakfast was decent, with a good variety of choices and everything was fresh, hot and plentiful.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
York, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

My group and I recently stayed here because we were competing in a tournament in town. We had never stayed here, but we will be sure to continue staying whenever we have games. The rooms were clean and we loved that they had two king beds. I worked with Tina, the Director of Sales, and she was extremely helpful. She set up a meeting room for us to have a team dinner and even had breakfast open early for us because we had to be on the fields earlier than expected. Breakfast was good - the only thing I would suggest is having more fruit put out. The rest of the staff was very nice and accomodating as well. We will be sure to stay next year!

Room Tip: We asked in advance for rooms close together.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn Midlothian? Share your experiences!