“Would stay here again” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Richmond

You added Baymont Inn & Suites Richmond to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites Richmond
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7201 West Broad Street, Richmond, VA 23294 (Formerly "Comfort Inn Executive Center")   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #74 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Madison Heights, Virginia
“Would stay here again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

We had a good clean room. Checkin was quick and personnel friendly. Cleaning staff was also friendly and accomadating. Contenental breakfast was nice and clean. Front desk personnel was again friendly and helpful. We were with a group of 8 rooms for a tournament and the front desk started the breakfast 30 min early to accomedate our schedule. Also no problems at checkout. The only problem we had was the pool was not open. For the money spent this was a good fit for us. If you want to spend a lot more money there are other choices in the area

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Arrived to be placed in a room that smelled, had a broken toilet seat and moldy shower, moved to another room which was across the hall from a barking dog that had the entire hallway smelling dog. Was not able to get to another hotel or I would have left. The next morning we were moved into yet another room which was a little better. Went to get breakfast at 8 to be told by other hotel patrons that the front desk informed them that what ever was not available would not be replenished. My husband is 6'3'', 280 and was not about to hear that he could not eat so he kindly suggested that the gentlemen rise from his desk and replenish the room. The guests thank him over and over for getting food. We arrived with 3 rooms of guest including visible children with one more room of guest to come the next day. We anticipated allowing the children to use the pool. My husband took them and arrived to a pool that appear to only need cleaning so my husband grabbed the scooped and started getting the leaves out of the pool. While he was cleaning the children jumped in the water. A member of the staff came over to tell him the kids should not get in the pool it was not yet ready? So we bathed the kids and told them to wait a while and they could go back. We only found out later during our stay that the pool had been closed since March and would not likely be open during our stay. On the last day of our trip my husband expressed his concerns to the clerk whose response was that he did not have to listen to my husband because he heard one of our family member say he was crazy and he tended to believe that and would only listen to the females. Well I expressed my husband is crazy all right. Crazy about his family and their well being and that he was correct in his concerns regarding this hotel. His reply to me was that you get what you pay for. Now I am HOT!! I told him that I paid what I was asked to pay by the booking company. I received a discount for booking online and staying more than 3 days. I told him should the hotel I stay at be crappy because I was able to obtain a discount in advance. Had I paid full price I would have been even angrier than I was initially. SOME NERVE to say that to a customer. I told him he was very unprofessional and should be fired for making such a comment. I also told them by saying that he is also acknowledging that all of our complaints were valid and he should be ashamed and should work to help make this place what they advertise. UNTIL THEM RUN FAR AWAY FROM BAYMONT INN, I have no idea where the suites are located in this place. the desk clerk told us they had none. SMDH!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

I booked the room on Priceline because of the great price before seeing the horrible reviews. My husband and I checked in on Tuesday expecting the absolute worst, but was pleasantly surprised. The staff was amazing and the room was clean.24 hours coffee was a plus and the kids loved the breakfast.i will be staying again and we enjoyed our Three day stay thank you

• Stayed June 2014
Palatine Bridge, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The staff was courteous and responsive. The lobby was spacious, clean and recently renovated. Unfortunately, the smell of stale cigarette smoke was everywhere - even on our non-smoking floor. For us, that's deal-breaker. The rooms were tired and our blankets had cigarette burns. We have stayed in many two-star hotels that deserved a better rating - but not this one.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Check-in was the only good experience of this trip. Stains on pollow, desk, broken closet, broken window, dirty A/C, and the smell was awful. I purchased Clorox spray,wipes, with gloves and Boot Camp cleaned in their. Dirty towels, shower curtain had pink slimy film, dirty rags, pubic hair all over the toilet seat, pee stains behind the toilet, and the floors were beyond nasty.
Please, stay away from this hotel. I checked out 2 days early just to get out of there.

• Stayed May 2014
Lexington, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

This place was nasty and disgusting. After driving from North Carolina and taking our grandson to the races all day, we had reservations here. Upon checking in at 10:30 pm, I was appaled at the condition of the room. The bathroom had not been cleaned, there was some awful "stuff" on the shower curtain, around the toilet was nasty and there even dirty towels. The pictures which should be on the wall were on the floor and the floor was so bad I did not want my grandson to play on it. But the worse was when we opened the refrigerator, the smell took my breath away. When I called to request another room, we were told it use to be a smoking room and it had not been cleaned recently, THEN WHY ARE YOU USING IT!!! We were moved to another room in another building, which was very inconvenient since we had checked in at 10:30 pm, to a smoking room (which I had requested non-smoking because of my grandson's asthma, which clearly by the strong smell had been smoked in recently, and the smoke alarm was on the bathroom cabinet! I know that this is not legal and I will report to authorities in the area. I am not sure why this place is allowed to even be open, and will never stay at another Baymont Inn.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Chicopee, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

After driving 15 hours, we decided to stay at this hotel based on the exterior, which looked nice. After checking in we went next door to eat. When we finally got into the room at 9:30 pm we noted how dirty it was. The ceiling in the bathroom was falling down and over the bathtub the ceiling was moldy and falling apart. There were condom wrapers behind the bed. Oh, and there were ants is the tub!
When we complained all we got was indifference. No apology.
After e mailing our dissatisfaction with customer service, I got a call from a gentleman who offered me a 50% reduction the next time we stayed. I told him we would NEVER stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Richmond? Share your experiences!