“Great Hotel!!! Great stay and great value.” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #64 of 81 hotels in Richmond
“Great Hotel!!! Great stay and great value.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2011 via mobile

This Hotel is not your typical Econo Lodge. The rooms are renovated and very clean. Great value for the price. Highly reccommended hotel

• Stayed February 2011

14 people have reviewed this hotel

new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2009

This is a nice hotel. Good rates. Will definitely stay here again. Crystal at the front desk is great! Nice clean rooms

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Baltimore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2008

We had tickets to the Nascar race and the Econo Lodge on Broad Street is only about 13 minutes from the track. We've stayed at Econo Lodges - this was just as expected. Pleasant stay. Room clean, breakfast was great (and free). The only thing was we asked for more pillows when we checked in and the desk clerk said they were out. Three wimpy pillows on a king size bed just don't cut it for people with back problems. It wasn't a pleasant sleeping experience at all. We often bring a pillow or two from home and we just forgot. But overlooking that, we enjoyed our stay and don't have any complaints.

• Liked — quick access to race track
  • Disliked — terrible pillows on bed!
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hebron, MD
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2008

Made reservations on-line 18 days before arrival date. Received 2 confirming e-mails. Upon arrival at the hotel, clerk did not have our reservation. They were not busy. I asked for a room anyway, assuming they would honor the reservation. I gave her ID and credit card which were photocopied. After processing my credit card and typing info into their computer she told me they would not honor the reservation rate. The new rate was $50 more and because I had an unusual sounding/spelled name (I'm Swedish!) I had to produce ID's for my wife and kids, who were still in the car. When I refused, she offered me a room for less but only if I paid her cash "on the side!" I then knew she was scamming me. I requested to speak to the manager. She gave me his business card and said he was not on the property. I asked for the phone number to call to cancel my reservation. She gave me a 800 number to call for a phone sex company. When I complained about the 800 number she gave me, she just giggled! I finally found the correct 800 number in my reservations paperwork. I called to cancel my reservation, to make sure I wasn't billed for a room and to complain. They canceled my reservation and the room charge, but complaint department was closed. I called Monday and filed formal complaint with Choice Hotels. They were very professional and apologized in writing. I complained to property manager via phone and in writing with no response. I would recommend staying at the Quality Inn West End just down the street. It a much nicer hotel!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Clerk at check-in
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Sanford, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2007

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night on November 24, 2007. This was the first time that we had booked a hotel through Priceline. Of course my husband's idea. Priceline paid for the hotel, but when we arrived the clerk asked for our credit card to put on hold for incidentals. Upon returning home, we realized that the clerk actually charged us a 2nd time for the room. When I contacted the manager she was nice and agreed that it was their mistake and she would work it out. Well after a week and a half, the hotel still had not credited my account. In fact, they had 2 additional authorizations on my account and was holding over $200 on my account. When I spoke with the manager, she denied that this was happening and just told me that it was on the end of my bank. It took a good minute to get things worked out. Finally they credited my account and things were okay. The hotel stay was nice and they had a wonderful continental breakfast, but with everything I had to go through, I would never stay there again.

• Liked — The quality of the hotel
  • Disliked — The manager and problems with charges to my credit card
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Baltimore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2007

When we checked in, the staff person was competent, but not very pleasant. Upon entering our room, we encountered some sort of air freshener odor, but the room was clean nonetheless.
Shower pressure was good, and the air conditioner worked fine.
Look out in the pool; the ladder leading down the steps into the water was dislodged. I had to do some under water maneuvering to get it into place.

When we went to sleep, all was quiet until 1:30 AM, when we heard someone trying to get into our room. I walked over and peered out the window and saw a young girl with a suitcase standing in front of our door. I shooed her away. At 3:30 AM, someone KNOCKED on our door. This time my wife chased the persons away. AT 4:30 AM, SOMEONE ELSE KNOCKED ON OUR DOOR, and my wife had to get up yet again to chase someone else away ( I was trying to keep my 2 year old son asleep). So, at the very least, there was some miscommunication somewhere (or at the very worst, we were in a room that has seen some other type of "business"...)

If you can afford to, stay somewhere else, but if you can't then just put a sign on your door saying "NO, BONEHEAD, THIS IS NOT YOUR ROOM"...

• Liked — Shower
  • Disliked — idiots knocking in the middle of the night
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Central PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2007

We usually stay in the Sheraton, but could not get a room at short notice for this trip. We were a little concerned about staying here, but everything was very clean, including the bathroom. The first night, our sheets came untucked (bed wasn't made properly), but the second night it was fixed (without any request from us). Towels are a little thin, and there was only one hand towel (two of us in room) and two bath towels.

The only problem we had was that we checked out at 6:00 am. The lobby was locked, and no one came when we rang the bell, so we were not able to get a receipt. The complimentary breakfast was fine, although some fruit would have been nice. I'd stay here again.....

• Liked — Price and Location
  • Disliked — Towels are skimpy,but water was hot!
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Econo Lodge-Broad St? Share your experiences!