“Who's that knocking at our door?” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #64 of 81 hotels in Richmond
Baltimore
“Who's that knocking at our door?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2007

When we checked in, the staff person was competent, but not very pleasant. Upon entering our room, we encountered some sort of air freshener odor, but the room was clean nonetheless.
Shower pressure was good, and the air conditioner worked fine.
Look out in the pool; the ladder leading down the steps into the water was dislodged. I had to do some under water maneuvering to get it into place.

When we went to sleep, all was quiet until 1:30 AM, when we heard someone trying to get into our room. I walked over and peered out the window and saw a young girl with a suitcase standing in front of our door. I shooed her away. At 3:30 AM, someone KNOCKED on our door. This time my wife chased the persons away. AT 4:30 AM, SOMEONE ELSE KNOCKED ON OUR DOOR, and my wife had to get up yet again to chase someone else away ( I was trying to keep my 2 year old son asleep). So, at the very least, there was some miscommunication somewhere (or at the very worst, we were in a room that has seen some other type of "business"...)

If you can afford to, stay somewhere else, but if you can't then just put a sign on your door saying "NO, BONEHEAD, THIS IS NOT YOUR ROOM"...

• Liked — Shower
  • Disliked — idiots knocking in the middle of the night
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

14 people have reviewed this hotel

Central PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2007

We usually stay in the Sheraton, but could not get a room at short notice for this trip. We were a little concerned about staying here, but everything was very clean, including the bathroom. The first night, our sheets came untucked (bed wasn't made properly), but the second night it was fixed (without any request from us). Towels are a little thin, and there was only one hand towel (two of us in room) and two bath towels.

The only problem we had was that we checked out at 6:00 am. The lobby was locked, and no one came when we rang the bell, so we were not able to get a receipt. The complimentary breakfast was fine, although some fruit would have been nice. I'd stay here again.....

• Liked — Price and Location
  • Disliked — Towels are skimpy,but water was hot!
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
southwest Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2006

We stayed here one night because it was convenient to a business meeting I had. The hotel seemed fairly clean--I didn't have any problem with the room in that sense. Definitely no frills. But the service was disappointing. They only put out pastries for breakfast and when we went down at 8:00 they were completely out--not ONE pastry--and there was no one in sight. We decided to just check out. I had to ring the bell, and a young woman came out looking like she'd been sleeping in the back room (even down to the rumpled T-shirt and lounge pants and squinted eyes as she hit the morning light). And this was at 8:00 in the morning, not the crack of dawn. A tad noisy in the evening with everyone going up and down the walkway--definitely an eclectic clientele. So, pretty clean room but not a place I'd rush to return to. Especially for the price--I booked online but while I was waiting to check in, the guy in front of me (who'd walked in off the street with no reservation) was quoted a price TWENTY dollars cheaper!

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2005

We checked in and the clerk/desk manager was dressed in a suit
which was impressive. He was completely professional and extremely
friendly. I told him that I was just married and on my honeymoon, he
was kind enough to warmly congratulate me! The breakfast served in the
lobby the following morning was exceptional. We truly enjoyed our stay there and will certainly be back when we return to the area!! Thank you for a pleasant experience!

• Stayed March 2005

Been to Econo Lodge-Broad St? Share your experiences!