“Listen to me--this is a great place to stay, and a bargain!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Hotel Richmond Central

You added Clarion Hotel Richmond Central to your Saves list
Clarion Hotel Richmond Central
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3207 North Boulevard, Richmond, VA 23230 (Formerly Holiday Inn Central)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #53 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Seattle
“Listen to me--this is a great place to stay, and a bargain!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

We were a little wary of staying here, based on some of the other reviews, but WE LOVED staying here. The room was large, brightly lit, and über-clean, with not even a trace or aura of any kind of smell. All the bedding, floors, the bathroom were extremely clean. Everything worked, and worked well. There was plenty of hot water. It's true that we had to leave the lobby and then go to another building to get into our room, so if you're a woman traveling by yourself, you might ask to stay in the main building. But, other than that, this was a great place to stay--I recommend it highly!

• Stayed December 2011
Rasik K, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Richmond Central, responded to this review, January 17, 2012
Thank you for staying with Clarion Hotel Central, We appreciate your positive feedback including cleanliness of Rooms, Corridors, lobby and hot water etc...We love to have you at our hotel for future visit to Richmond. We are centrally located hotel to major universities, sports stadium and downtown.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

I have been dealing with this hotel since it was a Holiday Inn for both business and pleasure but this was my worse. I booked an annual event at this hotel last December for the upcoming December and after having a signed contract things were changed. I know the staff I worked with last year put more effort and concern into fulfilling our needs. The property is a nice facility but new management needs to learn from the old. An honest establishment will last longer than an unhonest one

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Norfolk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

I knew this property, as i had stayed there in the past when it was Holiday Inn. This trip, I found it to be clean and comfortable. I agree with some of the other reviewers that the hotel, from the outside, looks a little creepy and forboding, but inside it is very nice. An investment in exterior lighting may improve this.

Check in seemed to be very slow- I was the only guest in the lobby, but the desk agent was just SLOW... he was very polite, though. He drew directions on a hotel map to my room, and I found it with no trouble. The property WAS a bit dark- they could improve the parking lot lighting and increase comfort levels with this issue. At no point did I feel unsafe, though- I did not sense any lurkers. the property was pretty quiet, for the most part.

The room was very clean, and appeared to have been remodeled since I had stayed there before (with HI). The bed linens were in great shape, and the bedspread looked very clean as well. The furniture uphostery was also clean. The only negative I found in this area was not until I was getting ready to leave- I glanced over at the bedskirt while putting on my shoes, and saw stains that I did not want to think about what they might have been... Everythng else was nice and clean.

The bed was comfortable, as was the arm chair. The TV was very nice, and they have a great range of channels, but the remote did not work. The refrigerator kept my drinks frosty cold. There was no plastic bag in the ice bucket- the one that lets you pretend that your ice bucket is sanitary... there was also no laundry bag. Nothing to tuck my dirty clothes into.

There was a sign advertising pizza from the room service resturant. They direct you to the room service menu for additional items, but there was no room service menu in the room. There was no Guest Services book like I am used to seeing, that gives pertinant information about the hotel and the area- nothing. I ordered a pizza, and it had to have been the worst I have had in quite some time. Yuk.

The room heat/AC unit was pretty loud, but it warmed the room nicely.

In the morning, there was great water pressure, plenty of nice hot water.

Internet service was adequate.

Room Tip: Some rooms open onto the pool, so if it is summer and you don't want the noise, you may want to...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Dear STVUstudent, Thank you for selecting Clarion Hotel Central for your recent stay with us. We appreciate your kind feedback and suggestion for improvement about the hotel. We shared your feedback with all head departments to make sure we take care of our customer needs and provide best customer service for any guest who are staying with us. We look forward to your return again in Richmond sometime soon. This hotel is centrally located to Richmond area, just walk-in distance like The Diamond, Greyhound station. Just within a 1 mile away from VUU and less than 3 miles away from VCU.
Burlington, Vermont
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

I have to be fair and first say that the room was clean and adequate. However, the check in desk was in a building separate from the building the room was in. It was after dark and scary finding our way to our room. I thought we were going to get mugged because we had to go outside again and over to another building. It was COMPLETELY empty and deserted. It was like a maze getting to our room and my daughter and I felt very vulnerable and unsafe. In the morning the showers were not hot, just barely luke warm. If you choose to stay here, get there in the daylight and have a male companion with you.

Room Tip: ask if there is hot water available in the showers, stay with a male companion, and check in before...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Fresno, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

We knew nothing about Richmond neighborhoods when we chose this hotel. Pulled in after dark and did not feel as though it was a safe place for two women to stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
roanoke, va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

Good hotel to stay at if you're going to RIR. Only 2.5 miles from the track. Room was nice. The hotel was very busy since we checked in on race day, but that is to be expected. It's located right off of I-64/95, so that's a huge plus. Since the hotel was very busy, it was great that they had plenty of parking. The parking garage wasn't even halfway full. Good hotel to stay at if you're going to RIR or downtown.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

Nice value for this in town hotel. Front desk was accommodating. Room recently remodeled (or so it seemed).

Room Tip: Stayed in 4 story building, was quiet.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Clarion Hotel Richmond Central? Share your experiences!