“Holiday Inn's are the best!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #30 of 81 hotels in Richmond
Beaverton, Oregon
“Holiday Inn's are the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

I came to VA to visit my husband who is in AIT at Fort Lee. This hotel was absolutely wonderful (I'm in it right now). The service was prompt and courteous, and it is located right off of the interstate. The room was immaculate, as was the bathroom. We didn't check out the restaurant, but the bartenders were nice when we asked for directions to other bars. The halls and elevator were clean, and all the ice machines worked. The only thing that was out of service were the soda vending machines, but that's not a big deal. Amazing stay =]

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

129 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Edenton, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2011

I was a litle aprehensive at first. I am a downtown guy, but this hotel was literally a 6 minute drive to the convention center. It was completely refurbished...new beds, big screen HD television, FAST WI-FI. The rate was half that of downtown hotels with twice the service. I was amazed to see such a friendly staff in the hotel and the connected Sporting News Bar and Grill. I will never choose another hotel in Richmond above this one again. I have probably stayed in 10 different hotels in this city and this is the first time I've ever been compelled to write an online review!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Canfield, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

We stayed in this hotel on our way to Myrtle Beach and it is very clean and beautiful, but when checking in I asked the front desk person about breakfast in the adjacent restaurant and he said it was great and he eats there often. Well, he either has no taste buds or he lied, because that was the worst meal we have ever had! I really don't even know how you can mess up breakfast but they did--it was disgusting--my kids wouldn't even eat it---and all for 70 bucks!!! So--take my advice--stay at the hotel--you'll love it--but don't eat at the restaurant--I wish I hadn't!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2010

The staff is really helpful, and building is always really clean. The rooms are modern and clean and the bathrooms are up to date. I enjoyed my stay the first time so much that when I was traveling the second time I made sure to stop at this specific hotel. The night desk clerk Dennis was really helpful when I forgot my tooth brush, and the waitress who brought us our food when we ordered room service was incredibly sweet.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
hibells, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road, responded to this review, October 25, 2010
Thanks so much for your post! We've gotten a great amount of feedback from TripAdvisor reviews and Priority Club Member Surveys regarding the level of service Dennis consistently delivers to our guests, and we are happy to report that we recently promoted him to Front Office Supervisor! We're so glad you enjoyed your recent stays, and hope to welcome you back soon.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

I own hotels and would never make this type of room available to a guest! Even at the cheap rate they gave me on a "discount website" Nasty Nasty Nasty. At least the kid at the desk had the skills to manage the problem...but this place is disgusting! All the blame on management and ownership!! Never ever stay here, see the photo!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
hibells, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road, responded to this review, July 22, 2010
Dear Hennikerlodge,

Thank you for your feedback. We value all comments so that we may continually improve guest experiences, and I sincerely apologize for your inconvenience. Unfortunately, during your visit, a plumbing problem occured, and a contractor is already on-site working to correct the issue. We are disheartened that your stay was unsatisfactory, and we would appreciate the opportunity for a second chance. The hotel has many wonderful features, and we would like you to enjoy a similar experience to that of our many satisfied guests. We truly appreciate your recognition of our front desk agent, and the high level of service he provided. If you will be traveling through the area again please contact me directly.
West Hollywood, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

My friend and I needed a hotel to stay while traveling from Savannah, GA to Washington DC. I booked this hotel through Priceline and was pleasantly surprised. It had recently opened and the staff was extremely friendly. The rooms were nice. The mattresses are really comfortable. The restaurant attached to the hotel was very good. I highly recommend this hotel as it was a great pit stop along the way.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

Highly recommend this hotel. Service from front desk was responsive and friendly. Room was superior as far as cleanliness and appeared to be very new. Linens were top notch. Fridge & Microwave. Very Comfortable stay. Restaurant & Staff were great as well. Overall Positive experience & Great Value. Kids enjoyed the pool as well!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road? Share your experiences!