“IMMACULATE!!! Great Hotel and Value--Highly Recommend” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #30 of 81 hotels in Richmond
Baltimore, Maryland
“IMMACULATE!!! Great Hotel and Value--Highly Recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

Coming from a self-proclaimed germa-phob, I am not the first to choose to stay in Hotels unless I really disect the location. We needed to pass through Richmond for a quick stay...I chose to bid on a 3 star through Priceline and got this hotel for $44 plus tax....I thought for the money I could handle an average hotel. This place is Immaculate- and is brand new---I wouldn't even say a "rehab" b/c it appears, smells and feels like they just built it from the ground up. Staff was amazing--beds were meticulous and comfy. At 9pm during the week they are doing roradwork and the exit to the hotel was closed---we were then detoured by my GPS to enter through the city---the streets were desolate but I could tell we were in the WRONG part of town and it was scary!!! AS we left that part of the city and turned the corner back towards the highway---there was the hotel and a Hampton across the street. Had I entered from the highway I'd have never known how bad it was just around the way a few blocks. Pool area was beautiful but we didn't use it........I only paid $44 and taxes----I'd spend upwards of $130 willingly if I knew I was heading this way again and needed a room in a great hotel. The ONE downside was that the a/c units were a bit loud---could be b/c I am used to mine being in the basement at home and not 10ft across a room. STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
hibells, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road, responded to this review, June 30, 2010
The entire team here at the new Holiday Inn South - Bells Road was thrilled to read your review! Thank you so much for taking the time to post your thoughts. We hope you'll stay with us again on your next trip to Richmond!

129 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Taylors, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2010

This Holiday inn is newly remodeled -- I think it was previously a Ramada Inn. Shows no signs of being an old hotel -- everything is brand new. Rooms are very modern and smell clean and new. The bed was super comfy with firm and soft pillows. Air conditioning was great, bathrooms are fresh and new. It was very quiet and a great night's sleep.

The hotel does have a small pool with several fountains, but I did not use it. Each room has a really big LCD flat panel TV with several hookups like USB, S-video, etc... great if you have your own DVD player or gaming system. Free wi-fi in every room.

The hotel is easy to find (right off I95) but isn't in the best area. The 2 restaurants in walking distance are Subway and McDonalds, and both are open 24 hours.

Overall a great stay, and I would highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
edeta385, we thank you for your review, and for posting photos of our beautiful renovation! While there are a couple of fast-food restaurants within walking distance, the hotel does have a full-service restaurant and bar on-site, The Sporting News Grill, which offers delicious options for breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily. We hope you'll be able to enjoy it on your next visit! We look forward to welcoming you back to Richmond and the new Holiday Inn South - Bells Road!
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2010

The Hotel Is Very New Smells Good,Comfortable And The Staff Is Amazing Especially The Front Desk Staff!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We hope to see you again soon, when you're ready to splurge on a room for the weekend, or to catch a game with your friends in the Sporting News Grill!

Been to Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road? Share your experiences!