“Pleasant and convenient, very close to the interstate.” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #20 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
“Pleasant and convenient, very close to the interstate.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in a room with a kingsize bed. You can park round the back close to your room- very convenient. The room was clean and spacious, it had a fridge and a microwave. The sheets were really soft and you have a choice of soft or firm pillows. The staff were really friendly and courteous.

• Stayed December 2012
hibells, Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Good afternoon Georgiaflood!

First, I would like to apologize that we did not respond earlier to your posting on tripadvisor,
12-28-12. Normally we reply within just a week or so. Thank you for taking your valuable time to
post your kind comments. Please keep us in mind the next time you are in our area.

Warmest regards,
Management team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Virginia, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This hotel was a pleasant surprise in the industrial south side of Richmond. The staff was professional, the room was great - nice beds and room was quiet. Probably the only downside was that the hotel does not do a complimentary breakfast and we had to swing by McDonald's to get a fast breakfast before our daughter's early lacrosse tournament. A suggestion to the hotel is to either provide a complimentary breakfast or to have an option for a "brown bag" breakfast for travelers who have early schedules.

Room Tip: We had a room in the back and it was very quiet
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ismaray J, Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
The entire team here at the new Holiday Inn South - Bells Road was thrilled to read your review! Thank you so much for taking the time to post your thoughts. We hope you'll stay with us again on your next trip to Richmond! I have passed along the "to go bags" request.

Ismaray Jones, CRDE
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This stay was not as pleasant as other stays at this hotel. The room (4th floor handicap) was not as clean (bathroom). The bed was not as comfortable-it was missing the mattress cover. When I rolled to the edge I could feel the mattress ribbing.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Ismaray J, Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Lawssm,

Thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention. I am deeply sorry that you had such an uncomfortable experience with us. We are addressing this matter with our Executive Housekeeper and can ensure that all missing mattress pads have been replaced.
Thank you again and I hope that you do return as a valued guest.

Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I stayed at this hotel two weekends ago for a weekend getaway with my boyfriend, and it was the perfect spot! I was a bit nervous at first about the location (lots of industrial parks around), but it ended up being easily accessible from the highway and just outside of Richmond.

I originally picked this hotel because it was pet-friendly. Usually, pet-friendly hotels are older or in need of renovations (which is why they still allo pets), but not in this case! Our room had a completely new bathroom...new tub/shower (with great water pressure!), new tiled floor, and a nice granite (or solid surface...couldn't even tell!) countertop. In the living area, the beds had nice new linens, lots of pillows of all different sizes and firmness, and a nice modern style spread. The room had a new flat-screen TV, a new mini-fridge, and a microwave.

We also ordered room service, which was delicious! The food came quickly and was nice and hot. We ordered burgers, which were cooked perfectly! The front desk staff was friendly and very helpful.

All in all, this was a great hotel!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are quiet and have stairwells that bring you directly to first floor (and right out to...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Robinaree:

I am delighted that you had such a pleasant experience with us! I am happy to hear that the front office staff was welcoming and that your room service order was right on! Thank you for your candid comments.
We hope to see you and your boyfriend again!

Warmest Regards,

Long Island, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I really wanted to like this hotel. The family and I booked it on Priceline while traveling back to NY from FL. The location was great- right off of I-95 and easy to find. The lobby was a little crowded, even after 10 pm, due to a bar next door. Luckily, most of the rooms seemed to be on the opposite side from the bar.

The girl at the front desk was incredibly nice, and switched us from a smoking to non-smoking room without any trouble since the booking hadn't specified. The building seemed clean and nice- we were directed to park on the side of the building, near to where our room was.

The rooms were very nice- large, with comfortable beds. Our room was clean and they immediately brought us up a portable crib (nicer than the standard pack and play unit) since I'd mentioned that we had a sleepy baby. We thought we were well set for a comfortable evening, but that's when things went downhill.

The hallway started to stink of marijuana smoke, which slowly seeped into our room as the night progressed. At one point, I went to get some ice, and immediately found the offending room, with smoke seeping under their door and loud music playing. The ice machine was empty, so I had to trek to another floor. I was really hoping that they may stop the activity, but the room was reeking of smoke by the middle of the night, which made it uncomfortable for me. I was tempted to call hotel security, but wasn't sure what they could do in this kind of situation.

I'm not lambasting the rating here, because without the bad guests, I think this would have been a fine place to stay, but I am lowering the rating to some extent because I think that if they had any kind of security at all in the hotel, they should have noticed this problem which was stinking up half the floor we were on.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Good afternoon loyal guest,

I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. We are very pleased to hear that our Front Office clerk was accommodating, that makes me really happy. Thank you for your comments and we are in the process of investigating the situation you encountered.

Thank you again.

Portsmouth, V
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I booked several rooms for my group over the weekend. Our stay was great. Rachel was really helpful in taking care of my reservation needs. The hotel was clean and staff was great. I liked haing the restaurant inside the hotel. It was raining and my group were on motorcycles.

Room Tip: All is great no matter where you stay.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Kim B,

Thank you for all your candid comments. Rachel is always very helpful and takes pride in ensuring all of our guests are taken care of. Thank you and we hope to see you soon.

Warmest Regards,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here 3 days for a class. The hotel is clean. The employees are very nice, although not very versed in the office equipment in there business office. My number one gripe is, what kind of hotel runs out of beer when they have 45 guys staying for a seminar! Other than that decent place.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your most recent experience. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and what steps we can take to provide for a better experience. We have been monitoring our high occupancy days more often to ensure inventory is in stock. I am sorry for your experience and ensure that this issue has not been taken lightly.

Assistant General Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road? Share your experiences!