“Hotel bar ran out of beer, Clean, Nice employees” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #20 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
“Hotel bar ran out of beer, Clean, Nice employees”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here 3 days for a class. The hotel is clean. The employees are very nice, although not very versed in the office equipment in there business office. My number one gripe is, what kind of hotel runs out of beer when they have 45 guys staying for a seminar! Other than that decent place.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Ismaray J, Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your most recent experience. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and what steps we can take to provide for a better experience. We have been monitoring our high occupancy days more often to ensure inventory is in stock. I am sorry for your experience and ensure that this issue has not been taken lightly.

Ismaray Albalat-Jones, CRDE
Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Middletown, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Stayed at this hotel when driving from Florida to New Jersey. The hotel outward appearance of the hotel was very nice and it's conveniently located. The girls that worked at the desk were all very nice and the hotel appeared to have a lot of guests.

First thing we noticed when we got to our room was that parts of the door was splintered. It looked as if someone had tried to break into the room. Seemed a little sketchy, but the door worked properly. There was water in our bathtub when we got inside the room and it was extremely muggy inside as well. When we brought the bathtub issue up to the employee at the desk, she got it taken care of right away, which was really appreciated.

We ate at the restaurant as well, which wasn't really busy except for people hanging out by the bar. I had a caesar salad that was pretty good. It felt like it took the food a long time to be delivered to our table, but that also may have just been because we were tired from the drive.

We really appreciated the nice staff.. I would stay here again, hoping that next time I would get a room without a broken looking door.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear Nicole C,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. We are glad to see that you left some feedback on what you liked as well as what fell below your expectations. We are deeply sorry for any inconveniences you have experienced. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. We are hospitality professionals and strive to be the best. Your comments will be looked into.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at this Holiday Inn as a half way point driving to Myrtle Beach. We arrived very late due to horrible traffic in Maryland, the guest working the desk was very nice @ 1am. The room was really clean. The bathroom was really clean. We didnt use the pool or anything, but it did look very nice when we walked over.

Would definitely go back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear glittabugz17,

We appreciate you taking the time to rate our hotel! We are happy to hear that you and your boyfriend enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass these wonderful comments to our housekeeping department, thank you again. On your next trip down, we look forward to you and your boyfriend staying with us.

Warmest Regards,

Ismaray Albalat-Jones, CRDE
Assistant General Manager
Mount Ephraim, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We always stay at Holiday Inns or Holiday Inn Express - always friendly, helpful staff, rooms spotless and use of their computer and sometimes breakfast.

Sandrina was very helpful the morning we were leaving.

Room Tip: We never had a bad room and we have been in various areas.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
South River, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

When I arrived at the hotel, I was greeted at the front desk by Sandrina with a great smile and full of energy. She helped me with questions I had and really made me feel at home. I travel alot for business around the country and Sandrina made me feel like I was at home. The room was great that she assigned me to and made sure that I had a wake up call before I left the front desk. I wish other hotels had employees with as much dedication to detail and making me feel at home.

Room Tip: I have stayed at this hotel in the past and each room I've stayed in has been great.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

The more you travel the more you appreciate a warm welcome when checking in. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Great desk space with and nice chair. I will stay here again. The internet worked well.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was very tidy and clean! Staff was friendly and helpful! Great price! I had a coupon from a rest stop! Pool was clean. Location was perfect would defently stay again!!It was great experience!

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road? Share your experiences!