“Nice stop on way to Myrtle Beach” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #27 of 81 hotels in Richmond
Barrie, Canada
“Nice stop on way to Myrtle Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Very pleased with my Priceline purchase of this hotel in Richmond. We like to stay there on our annual trip to Myrtle Beach.

This is our 3rd time using this facility and he keeps getting better.

Staff is friendly and helpful.

Close to a CrackerBarrel for when we head south early in the morning.

Will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

122 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

first day i arrived around 1pm, trash (food) in hallways from guests leaving it out by door, bad enough they do that, but house keeping was still in the area and did nothing about it. also a tray from the restaurant was there upon my arrival with left over breakfast.....and when I got up the next morning around 9am it was still there!!...for over 12 hrs ( I'm being modest) a tray with food was left in the hallway. I inquired about their policies concerning room deliveries and was told they checked periodically....i guess they forgot this time!!!....by the time I went out to eat at McDonalds (had I eaten at the restaurant it would have been twice as much...and this is for pancakes and coffee), the tray had been cleared..went down to pool area the next day around 2pm, was told there would be towels on a rack so I wouldn't need one from my room....low and behold, when I get there, there aren't any towels...and no sign of people having been there either (thinking that maybe they had used them all up), stayed till about 4pm and no towels were bought out. So if you go to the pool, bring a towel from your room.I will be here for about 2 weeks....stay tuned for more reviews. pool

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Dear manny b,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad you chose the Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road as your hotel preference. I am sorry about the the unattended food tray in the hallway and the lack of towels in the pool area. We work hard to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Please accept my apologies for the the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay.

Lera M
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on 6-21 on my way to visit family in PA. Earlier that day I called to ask if my reservation could be changed from one king to two queens since my son and dog were joining my husband and I on the trip. I spoke with a very delightful gal named Bella who was more than happy to help me and she told me she was looking forward to our arrival. Upon arriving at the hotel we were greeted by Laura at the front desk.. Again, she was another wonderful employee. She was very happy to help us and asked us to call if we needed anything. My son forgot his tooth brush and Laura was able to give him a new one. We needed more coffee packets and Laura had yet another top notch employee from housekeeping delivere the coffee to our room.. I didn't get this person's name, but she had a smile on her face and asked that we call housekeeping if we needed anything else.. Now, my review would have been excellent if we would not have attempted to have dinner in the restaurant, but the high level of service offered by the front desk and housekeeping made up for the experience in the restaurant. Laura gave me her manager's card and I sent her an email regarding my experience in the restaurant. Ismaray quickly responded to my email and took care of the problem and went way above and beyond my expectations to correct the situation.. WOW! I was very impressed with the service I received from Bella, Laura, housekeeping and Ismarary. If you are in the Richmond area and need a pet friendly hotel with great staff, look no further!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Davenport, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Checked in late. I actually thought I was at a Holiday inn express as it has been years since forgot they existed and the logo is the same. Driven too many hours. The lobby was nice enough and busy with a large wedding reception and loud music. My first clue should have been dated carpet as we waited for the elevator which is in a separate building and was not air condition. The hall way was hot with a room size a/c was at the end of the hall and on. The room was cold and clean. I just need to sleep. When I discovered the refrigerator was missing from the cabinet built especially for a frig I called f/d. Trainee said I will speak to someone to see if we could be moved. I said thanks anyway too late to move. Then I noticed no microwave to reheat my leftovers. At c/o I counted * rooms all missing frig. That made me feel I had been taken advantage of. The sign on the TV stand with SAFETY Tips. Wow haven't seen one of those since late 70's in Mexico. Parking & street not very well lighted. Very hot and dirty hall & elevaotr. Will never stay in Holiday Inn again. Not worth the $100+ room rate. Acceptable for Express not inn. At c/o Front desk said that the frig was an upgrade not standard at Holiday Inn. My response even Motel 6 & Microtel have frig. I learned valuable lesson. Never just accept the trusted logo H out front. To be safe pass the H and be Happier. Not sure who finds these conditions acceptable as no other review noted anything.

Room Tip: choose any other hotel.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Dear Justsaythemagicword,

Thank you so very much for sharing your thoughts and comments regarding your experience. We value your comments, as they enable us to further improve our services and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect. It's disappointing you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. I'm sorry you were not satisfied with the conditions of the room you received. Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Joel B
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stayed at this HI for two weekend nights while visiting a family member at the Hunter Holmes McGuire VA facility. The hotel is a short ride from the facility, and Interstate 95. The rooms are large, clean and comfortable. It appears the facility is nearly new, or recently renovated. Overall the staff was nice and professional. It was great to have a restaurant on-site, the food was decent but the service was "hit or miss". We visited the restaurant on 3 separate occasions, and on two of those visits the hostess was "MIA". We stood at the entrance for 5-6 minutes before anyone acknowledged our presence. We witnessed a number of employees milling around, or engaging in personal conversations (not attending to customer's needs). The restaurant could benefit from having a manager on duty at all times. Except from those small issues with service at the restaurant I was very pleased with the accomodations.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
CLT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Hotel is in an easy access location just of the 95. Room was a good size and clean.
My only real compliant was the very loud A/C unit that kept waking us up most of the night.
Had breakfast in the restaurant the service was good but the food took a long time to come out,
Which was not good considering only a couple of tables were occupied.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Dear ivster,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. I am delighted you found our room to be clean and good-sized. We always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I understand that having a good night sleep is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the noise caused by the air conditioning. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G.
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

We stayed one night (3 rooms) for a business meeting and the hotel was clean, welcoming and accomodating. We ate in the restuarant and the ribs were wonderful. The hotel manager and the director of sales stopped by to check on our meal and how our stay was going. Very professional and sincere. Our stay was very pleasant! Awesome customer service. I recommend this hotel for families as well as business travelers!

Room Tip: Back side of hotel-south side
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road? Share your experiences!