“Great Food & Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 81 hotels in Richmond
Richmond, Virginia
“Great Food & Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

We stayed one night (3 rooms) for a business meeting and the hotel was clean, welcoming and accomodating. We ate in the restuarant and the ribs were wonderful. The hotel manager and the director of sales stopped by to check on our meal and how our stay was going. Very professional and sincere. Our stay was very pleasant! Awesome customer service. I recommend this hotel for families as well as business travelers!

Room Tip: Back side of hotel-south side
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

130 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

We had visited the hotel about 8 month's ago and wow what a difference one person can make.
When I was here last time my experience was not good but the location and price was right so when passing through my family and I decided to give it another try.
I have to say that at first I was not pleased. The front desk manager was less than attentive as she was busy talking about personal business with another employee.
We went to our room which was clean and accommodating, that was refreshing.
We decided that even though our last experience was HORRIBLE in the restaurant the food was good so we would try it again. What a pleasant surprise. The server's had a great attitude and were very friendly. The manager, which was also in a chef uniform, was very interactive with the servers ensuring they were taking care of all the customers properly. He even approached us and the other tables to see if we were enjoying our dining experience. It was very evident that he enjoyed and took pride in his job and wanted to ensure that the customers were happy. The difference in attitudes of the employees since my last visit was a complete 360. You could tell they enjoyed working for him. It seems as if you found a diamond in the rough literally. Our experience in your restaurant was wonderful and due to the change we will definitely be back despite our experience with the front desk.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

We stayed one night at your hotel on our way to move to Berlin, Germany. Daphne helped us when we arrived and she was so nice and helpful. We really appreciated her kindness and caring. She is a great employee to have. Thanks Daphne!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Suffolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

As a sales manger I spend a lot of nights on the road and away from my family. The best part of my day is when we are in Richmond and I get to see the happy faces at the best hotel in Virginia.From my first stay the hotel has been my choice when we are in Richmond . It's great it's only a mile from work but the best part of all beyond the rates ,clean rooms and good food is the PEOPLE. Ellie and Bella make you feel right at home from the time you check in until you leave and nothing is more than a call away to the front desk.I would welcome your team to my customer service team at anytime. This is what customer service is suppose to be. Thanks to the staff @ Hoilday Inn Bells Road

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012 via mobile

Rigjt off of Rt 95. As previously stated, do not follow gps. Get off exit 69. Pet friendly. Good walking area. Sports Grill restaurant connected to hotel. Open until 11pm and breakfast starts at 6am. Very slow breakfast and the order was messed up but waitstaff was pleasant. Don't think we would return to restaurant but hotel was great for a night

• Stayed April 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Dear Twittpugmom,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you liked our hotel location. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received service in our restaurant which was unacceptable. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Frederick
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

I wanted to write to commend the staff of the Holiday Inn Richmond South on the stellar customer service during a very difficult time in my life. While visiting my father in the nearby VA hospital, he passed away. The staff was very compassionate and offered words of condolence every day of my stay. Although I do not have the last names of the staff, I want to particularly recognize Bella (Front Desk), Keith, Thesa, Edwin (Chef), and Rachel. What a great group of people. I have stayed at this location several times when visiting my father and the staff is always friendly and went out of their way to ensure my and my husbands stay was pleasant. Ismaray Albalat must also be commended for his leadership. The staff is only as strong as the leadership. Thanks again for everything!

Room Tip: In an era where excellent customer service, the staff at this location won't disappoint. They we...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Chris G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
Dear BlessednFrederick,

Thank you for the radiant customer service review! Although, you were here during a difficult time in your life, I am glad that we made your visit better. Our staff does a great job at taking care of our customers and we thank them everyday for it. Thank you for your kind words about the staff and your words about my leadership style. It means a great deal to have received this feedback.

Regards,

Ismaray Jones
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. The desk staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The only negative, and it isn't much of a negative, was the room was a bit small. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Dear NewYorkBrowhunter,

We realize you have many choices when it comes to lodging, and we sincerely appreciate your business. If you are planning a future visit, please ask us to upgrade you; the rooms are a bit larger. Thank you for the feedback about the wonderful service you have received. We are glad you had such a great experience here.

Ismaray Jones

Been to Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road? Share your experiences!