“There are better affordable hotels around” 1 of 5 stars

Super 8 Motel Richmond/Broad Street
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   7200 West Broad Street, Richmond, VA 23294   |
Ranked #75 of 82 hotels in Richmond
Singapore
“There are better affordable hotels around”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Stayed for only one night before heading to Charlottesville. Unfriendly front desk people, the bread on their breakfast was as hard as a rock and tasting stale, we had a difficult time opening the door of our room, dingy hallway, and the bathroom was not even inviting (though its the only place that seems to be clean in the whole of the hotel), towels look worn out, you wouldnt want to even walk on the room carpet barefoot coz it looks unclean. It just gave me a bad impression of all the Super 8 motels and definitely wont come back. PLEASE FIND ANOTHER HOSTEL!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

45 people have reviewed this hotel

Gatineau
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

I stayed here on my family's trip down to florida and it wasn't very nice. The only nice thing were the room's were actually quite spacious and big, bigger than other cheap hotels i've been to. We just wanted a cheap motel to rest our head for the night.
What really turned me off was the terrible smell of indian food....it filled the whole entire motel including our rooms. We were 4 people (plus my 5 month old daughter) in 1 room, with 2 double beds...and we got only 2 cups, and 1 towel for 4 people! The towels smelled awful as well...like they hadn't been washed in a month.
Was not very happy...but stuck it out since we were all tired and just wanted a bed to lay on, but not very impressed...

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Pottsville, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

The staff was very nice but the room was a dump. It was the smallest hotel room I ever saw! There was 4 of us (2 couples) so we had a room with 2 double beds. The beds were very small & the room was so small that their was barely enough room to walk. I went to hang some clothing up on the rack & the WHOLE bar came flying down with hangers going everywhere. Went to put the bar back up, it kept falling. Since we couldn't hang any of our clothing, we thought we would put them in the drawers. Couldn't open the one drawer! It was stuck & took real muscle to get it open! The AC worked but never got cold enough to be comfortable. The carpets were so dirty! The ceiling had water stains all over it! The one wall looked like someone wiped something gross on it, Didn't get close enough to really see what it was. All the lamp shades were backwards! There was a piece of chewing gum stuck to the leg of the chair at the desk. The card by the remote that had the TV channels on was that cruddy, I didn't even want to touch it! The mattress (both) has stains all over them. They were so dirty! I was praying not to see or take any bed bugs home! The bathroom was horrible! The toliet seat had cigarette burns all over it. The floor was that dirty it was unreal. The tub had cigarette burns on it & the shower head was just hanging out of the wall (you could see the pipe). The bottom of the tub was rotting away, I guess from the floor being wet. There was 4 of us but only 2 towels! Thank God I brought some from home! The towels were sitting on top of a metal shelf that was barely screwed into the wall. It looked like it was going to fall any minute. There was a hook on the wall that I hung my bag on, during the night I heard a crash, guess what? The hook came right out the wall & my bag was on the very dirty bathroom floor. It just seemed like everything was broken in the room. I know all this sounds unbelievable but I promise you, it's all true. If I was the owner of this hotel, I would be very ashamed & embarrassed to rent these rooms out & take hard earned money from people to stay in a dump. I remember thinking, "Are we really paying for this?" Also, the cleaning staff needs to do a better job at cleaning the rooms & take pride in their job. The job they are doing now is unacceptable & they should be fired. There are plenty of people out of work who would love to have that job & do it well. I will be staying elsewhere when I go to Richmond, even if I have to pay more.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Richmond, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2010

Check in employee spent all her time on a personal tel call. Maid told us to leave the room and we were charged for an additional day for no good reason!
Room was sub standard and tacky - Bathroom was not clean and heater took several hours to heat up room and made considerable noise all night.

If you want to get even with someone just send them here. This Motel is a GENUINE JOKE !!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Indianapolis, IN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2010

Trip Advisor actually let me down on this stay. There were many good/great reviews about this Super 8, so we decided to stay with them, instead of Days Inn. A big mistake. We made our reservation online requesting a nonsmoking room. Upon check-in, the clerk stated from the beginning that we were there for a smoking room. We said no, we were not. We requested a nonsmoking room. So, he proceeded to look for that type of room, and said that he had one available. Before I proceed any further, please note that when you walk into the office area, the smell is not real good, and the clerk is behind a glass window. Right now, my flags went up. Their computer was super duper slow, and it took awhile before we were able to complete the check-in process. We took our luggage to our room, and right away was hit with a very offensive odor when we opened the door. I was raised on a farm, and to me, it had the odor of a barn. We have stayed at motels in Virginia many, many years ago, and I can honestly say that everyone we stayed at never met any health codes. So...we figured, OK, we will keep the room, this is the way that Virginia is. The room needed a thorough vacuuming as you could see the dust collecting around the floorboards. We checked for bedbugs, and none were seen, but boy was the mattress full of stains. The box spring was even worse. When I went to bed that night, I found a huge wad of chewed gum stuck to the headboard! The TV was very, very small, and did not have many channels for them to be advertising cable. It was real basic. They did have free Wifi, but it was very, very slow. We left the room to go out for dinner, and as soon as we opened our door on the 2nd floor (nonsmoking floor), the aroma of marijuana filled your nostrils. It was disgusting. We complained to the front desk, and they said they would check it out. Upon our return from dinner, the odor was only stronger. The next morning, when we took our showers, the towels and washcloths were so disgustedly stained! We suffered through the night, and decided that we were NOT even going to check out the "free" breakfast the next day. When we went to check-out, there was a note on the glass window, that they would be back in 10 minutes. So, there wasn't even anyone around to complain about the condition of the room or all the other problems with the place. Would I stay here again? NEVER! So, I don't know what rooms the other people that wrote reviews about this place were in, but ours was downright nasty.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2010 via mobile

Before booking take a look at the rooms. Matresses look like the come from the garbage. Carpets are awful as well.

• Stayed October 2010
chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

We stayed at Super 8 for weekend. The locaion is Great convinent to resurants and servies is very good... the staff was very accomodating. The rooms are clean and well mantained. We ejoyed our stay and would come back again...

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 Motel Richmond/Broad Street? Share your experiences!