“Stay Away!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #71 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Dallas, Texas
“Stay Away!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2009

If my mom and I had had time to read any reviews before arriving at Richmond, we would never have come to this dive. The rooms are utterly disgusting! Our door would barely close and couldn't keep the cold out, much less someone wanting to get in. There were burn holes in the bedding and carpet, threadbare curtains, and shredded lamp shades that should have hit the trash years ago. It didn't look like the carpet, upholstery, or anything else had EVER been cleaned. There was graffiti on the walls of the room that had barely been scrubbed off. The phone in the room came from another hotel with instructions that didn't work for the hotel's phone system. Fortunately, we had our cell phone. The person at the front desk barely spoke English and was of very little help. Worst of all was the stench. Both of us have asthma and within two hours, we were fearing for our lives. We fled to another local hotel and there was no refund. Avoid this place at all cost!

• Stayed December 2009

Families
Couples
Business
Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2008

I know its an econolodge and I am traveling on the cheap, but I think that this property is 98% used for public housing. I think that I am the only nightly paying customer here. Kind of explains the bunker mentality at the front desk, not to mention the spartan "breakfast"

• Stayed July 2008
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2003

Its the worst motel I have ever stayed. Front desk clerk can barely speak or understand english. Rooms werent ready even after 5 PM. And when I finally checked in after a long wait, they gave me a room with dirty sheets, sheets looked like they were never changed, mattress sunk in the middle, dirty bath tub, stinking carpet. That was a horrible experience. I checked out in 10 minutes and never wanted to stay in that motel again.

Been to Econo Lodge Intown Richmond? Share your experiences!