“Best Staff in the area” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Monroe, NC
“Best Staff in the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2011

I will be traveling to Richmond every other week for the six months. Being away from home is always tiring but I have to say I it's not so bad when staying at this hotel. By my third visit they were greeting me by name when I came in, offered directions to wherever I was going, suggested dining options and offered to make my reservation. The hotel is clean, the included evening Happy Hour & Cook to Order Breakfast is nice but it's the employees that make this the best place to stay in Richmond.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
, General Manager at Embassy Suites Richmond - The Commerce Center, responded to this review, February 15, 2011
Thank you for make us your home away from home! It will be my pleasure to share your comments with our staff and how they truly make a difference. We hope you will let us continue to earn your business when in Richmond. Best Regards, Kathleen Lyons, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011

My husband and I wanted to get away for the weekend, but we didn't want to go too far away from home and ruin a nice weekend with a lot of travel time in the car. We are SO glad we stayed close, because we found Embassy Suites in Richmond. First of all, it was so easy to reserve a room online. We arrived Friday evening, and were stunned by how beautiful it was inside. There is an atrium inside of the eight story building - with big, beautiful trees and plants and the ceiling is filled with skylights - even a small stream meandering through. The staff was friendly and professional, without being pretentious, and extremely attentive to all of our needs. There was a nice indoor pool, a jacuzzi that actually worked and was hot - and even a cedar lined sauna - oh, and a workout room that we could have used if we wanted (but we SO didn't). We got the King bedroom suite, and everything was clean and looked fantastic. Even the hairdryer they provided worked better than any hotel-room hairdryer I have ever used! We slept great in our comfy bed, and woke to a real breakfast with eggs, bacon, sausage, omelets made to order, fruit, waffles and pancakes - and lots of fresh coffee. And all for no extra money - it was included in the price of the room, and it was nice not to get nickel and dimed to death for once. After a great day we came back to discover that they were having a happy hour in the atrium - and all of the drinks were free from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. for the guests of the hotel. Again, already included in the price of the room. They had trays of cheese, fruit, and veggies, and also chips and salsa that they replenished before they got anywhere close to being empty. Needless to say, we were really happy we decided to stay another night! My husband said it was the first time that he'd been to a hotel where he was happier staying inside than going out. Everyone there was friendly and laid back - no one got loud or obnoxious - just people having a really nice time. We didn't want to leave! We will be back as soon as we can get another weekend free - we might even take the kids next time! Well, maybe...

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Titusville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011

We stayed overnight meeting my son and our two year old grandson with our other other son. The hotel staff was extremely accommodating and friendly. Besides the hotel restaurant, there are chain restaurants within a short walking distance. The suite and the large. beautiful foyer with stream and palms and ferns allowed our grandson plenty of room to move. An outstanding stay.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
, General Manager at Embassy Suites Richmond - The Commerce Center, responded to this review, February 4, 2011
Glad to hear you found our Embassy Suites Richmond to be a very family friendly hotel. We hope to see you again soon! Best Regards, Kathleen Lyons, General Manager
West Orange, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2011

I come to Richmond on a pretty frequent basis to visit my son. We have stayed in many places but I have found THE place. I have a 2 year old son and a 10 year old son. The pool is a perfect temperature and the rooms are comfortable. The atmosphere is really cool as well. But the service has been outstanding! The staff really knows how to treat its guests. I was particularly pleased with Andrew at the front desk. He was EXTREMELY helpful!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
We are glad you tried the Embassy Suites Richmond and thank you for your kind words about our staff. I will be sure to share your comments with the team, especially Andrew. We hope you come back soon and enjoy the hotel and indoor pool! Best Regards, Kathleen Lyons, General Manager
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

We use the Embassy Suites for our guest visiting Richmond. They are fantastic with accommodating our needs. There is a shuttle that will run the guest from our business and back during the day. The guest seem extremely pleased with their rooms and with the rates that apply. I highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
, General Manager at Embassy Suites Richmond - The Commerce Center, responded to this review, February 3, 2011
Thank you for your kind feedback about your stay at the Embassy Suites Richmond. Glad to hear our hotel shuttle has provided value and convenience. We would like to continue to earn your business by taking good care of you and your guests visiting Richmond. Best Regards, Kathleen Lyons, General Manager
nc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2011

We stayed at this hotel in Richmond because of its proximity to a sporting event we were attending. The reviews on this site were positive. We did not arrive at the hotel until 1 am and we were really looking forward to a comfortable bed. We were so disappointed. The front desk staff was polite and check in was easy. The hotel was clean. The plants in the atrium looked well cared for and lush. However, the king bed was extremely uncomfortable with a sagging, hard mattress. The hotel was showing signs of age despite the newer carpet. The elevator area needed to be painted. The metal doors on each of the rooms made if feel like we were staying in a motel. I was very disappointed that there was only a shower and no tub in our bathroom and there was barely enough room to turn around in the bathroom.
To top it all off, the breakfast was mediocre at best with stale bagels and a very slow line for made-to-order omelets. I would opt for another hotel if I were staying in this area again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
We are sorry you did not find the bed comfortable; we will look into this as our mattresses were recently replaced. Our King Suites are equipped with a shower while our Double Bedded Suites have tubs. I have shared your candid comments with our Food and Beverage breakfast team and am sorry for the wait for our cooked to order breakfast and the quality of the bagels. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to reach me personally. Best Regards, Kathleen Lyons, General Manager
WEXFORD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

I can't say enough about the quality of service and value received. My stay at the Embassy Suites, Richmond was made a delight starting with the front desk service by Bobby, Stuart and the rest, to the manager and staff at the complementary breakfast to Mary, Leigh Ann and the rest of the staff at the Managers reception. At my last stay, even though the hotel was hosting a convention with hundreds of "special" guests we were given the same respect and attention as the "special" guys. My hats off to the entire staff at Embassy Suites, when in Richmond I will stay nowhere else.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words about our Embassy Suites Richmond staff. Glad you had time to enjoy our full breakfast and Manager’s Reception. It really is a great value in addition to the extra space of our suites. Thank you for your loyalty, we want to continue to earn your business! Best Regards, Kathleen Lyons, General Manager

Been to Embassy Suites Richmond - The Commerce Center? Share your experiences!