“By Far, the best place to stay in Richmond” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2X HHonors Points
Ranked #8 of 80 hotels in Richmond
West Orange, New Jersey
“By Far, the best place to stay in Richmond”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2011

I come to Richmond on a pretty frequent basis to visit my son. We have stayed in many places but I have found THE place. I have a 2 year old son and a 10 year old son. The pool is a perfect temperature and the rooms are comfortable. The atmosphere is really cool as well. But the service has been outstanding! The staff really knows how to treat its guests. I was particularly pleased with Andrew at the front desk. He was EXTREMELY helpful!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
, General Manager at Embassy Suites Richmond - The Commerce Center, responded to this review, February 4, 2011
We are glad you tried the Embassy Suites Richmond and thank you for your kind words about our staff. I will be sure to share your comments with the team, especially Andrew. We hope you come back soon and enjoy the hotel and indoor pool! Best Regards, Kathleen Lyons, General Manager

437 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

We use the Embassy Suites for our guest visiting Richmond. They are fantastic with accommodating our needs. There is a shuttle that will run the guest from our business and back during the day. The guest seem extremely pleased with their rooms and with the rates that apply. I highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
, General Manager at Embassy Suites Richmond - The Commerce Center, responded to this review, February 3, 2011
Thank you for your kind feedback about your stay at the Embassy Suites Richmond. Glad to hear our hotel shuttle has provided value and convenience. We would like to continue to earn your business by taking good care of you and your guests visiting Richmond. Best Regards, Kathleen Lyons, General Manager
nc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2011

We stayed at this hotel in Richmond because of its proximity to a sporting event we were attending. The reviews on this site were positive. We did not arrive at the hotel until 1 am and we were really looking forward to a comfortable bed. We were so disappointed. The front desk staff was polite and check in was easy. The hotel was clean. The plants in the atrium looked well cared for and lush. However, the king bed was extremely uncomfortable with a sagging, hard mattress. The hotel was showing signs of age despite the newer carpet. The elevator area needed to be painted. The metal doors on each of the rooms made if feel like we were staying in a motel. I was very disappointed that there was only a shower and no tub in our bathroom and there was barely enough room to turn around in the bathroom.
To top it all off, the breakfast was mediocre at best with stale bagels and a very slow line for made-to-order omelets. I would opt for another hotel if I were staying in this area again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
We are sorry you did not find the bed comfortable; we will look into this as our mattresses were recently replaced. Our King Suites are equipped with a shower while our Double Bedded Suites have tubs. I have shared your candid comments with our Food and Beverage breakfast team and am sorry for the wait for our cooked to order breakfast and the quality of the bagels. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to reach me personally. Best Regards, Kathleen Lyons, General Manager
WEXFORD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

I can't say enough about the quality of service and value received. My stay at the Embassy Suites, Richmond was made a delight starting with the front desk service by Bobby, Stuart and the rest, to the manager and staff at the complementary breakfast to Mary, Leigh Ann and the rest of the staff at the Managers reception. At my last stay, even though the hotel was hosting a convention with hundreds of "special" guests we were given the same respect and attention as the "special" guys. My hats off to the entire staff at Embassy Suites, when in Richmond I will stay nowhere else.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words about our Embassy Suites Richmond staff. Glad you had time to enjoy our full breakfast and Manager’s Reception. It really is a great value in addition to the extra space of our suites. Thank you for your loyalty, we want to continue to earn your business! Best Regards, Kathleen Lyons, General Manager
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

After an excruciating stay at the Homestead Suites in Reston VA I finally came to realize the importance of reviews.

My stay at the Embassy Suites in Richmond on 1/10/11 was a very pleasant experience. The foyer downstairs is breathtaking with an indoor pond, stream, and loads of live plants. The complimentary happy hour (Manager's reception) was nice as was the service at the hotel bar where I went for dinner afterward. I can't say the burger was the best I've had but the service made up for it and the local microbrews on tap were excellent.

My room was spotless, the wifi was free and fast, everything worked great. My only slight knock on the room is that the iron had excessive buildup (mineral/salt/starch?) and had to be washed before I could use it.

Above all though, the staff set the place apart. I'm awful with names but the young gentleman who checked me in was the epitome of professionalism... even when I forgot my room key and food passport in my room and asked for duplicates. In the morning when I checked out I met a wonderful front desk employee from Cambodia who may be the happiest hotel employee I've ever met. A great conversationalist that kept me entertained until my ride arrived.

Overall I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your recommendation regarding your recent stay at the Embassy Suites Hotel in Richmond. I will share your comments with the Front Desk staff as it will be my pleasure to show them how they made a difference! We have found our guests appreciate the complimentary internet. Thank for letting us know about the iron. We hope to see you back soon! Best Regards, Kathleen Lyons, General Manager
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

I recently had the pleasure of staying here at the Embassy Suites. I can't rave enough about the service that my collegues and I received. Everyone from the front desk to food services to housekeeping went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable.

We ate several times in the hotel and the food was excellent. Not the norm for hotel food but there, it was great!

If you're ever in the area, hands down, this is where you should stay!

Thank you Embassy Suites staff!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
, General Manager at Embassy Suites Richmond - The Commerce Center, responded to this review, January 5, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write about your favorable stay at the Embassy Suite Richmond Hotel. Our Executive Chef creates some tasty dishes and glad you enjoyed dining with us. We hope to see you again soon ! Best Regards, Kathleen Lyons, General Manager
Northfield, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2010

I stayed at the Embassy Suites on business along with almost 80 plus collgues for a month period. The hotel staff was phenominal accomadating such a large group of us. The rooms were excellent. The food was very good. I have no complaints about my stay at the Embassy in fact I had to come back for a meeting and stayed there again. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone coming into Richmond, Virginia.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience at our Embassy Suites Richmond Hotel. We enjoyed hosting your group. It is great to hear that our large suites and our hotel staff service were able to provide a friendly home away from home. Our culinary team works very hard to provide a great breakfast and tasty items for lunch and dinner, glad you enjoyed our food. Best Regards, Kathleen Lyons, General Manager.

Been to Embassy Suites Richmond - The Commerce Center? Share your experiences!