We have stayed at Embassy suites in three other cities. We have had very good experiences at all four. This was no exception. We were in town for a LAX tournament in Midlothian. 3 nights..
Positives were many - The rooms were spacious and clean, fold out bed pretty comfortable, terrific and polite housekeeping staff, and the food at breakfast was usually hot, always being replenished, and delicious. The made to order chef was a really nice guy who never stopped cooking...The front desk staff were fast, knowledgeable, and very pleasant. Our online reservation rates were intact, and we had no problems checking in and even got an extra half hour for late checkout. Parking was decent and close. the 24/7 laundromat saved our butts when our daughter realized she didn't air out OR wash her gear after a week of practice in 100F heat...detergent and fabric softener available in a rather tiny but handy general shop across from lobby.
It's hard to point out any negatives, but there were a couple. The trouble isn't really found with the hotel, but with clueless guests that make everyone else's stay unpleasant. Two things could have made this a five star review. Embassy suites has large central atriums and they can be noisy if you are not used to it. Some people are too stupid to realize they are in a public place where people SLEEP; same ones who don't know how to tell time.... management and even corporate can begin an education process for all guests to remind them to use lower volume after 11 PM in the atrium. Still, some morons thought it was cool to talk to each other from the balcony at 1 am. I also would've liked to see a cleaner swimming pool ( pretty filthy) and staff lifeguard, or staff control, to deal with parents who are clueless on how to keep their kids under control. I have 3 teenagers who are far from perfect, but these 6 teen girls were just plain obnoxious and rude. It's sad to see such a decline in personal responsibility among parents and their kids on the road these days.
Great tournament, really good hotel. 4 stars out of 5.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Richmond - The Commerce Hotel
- Embassy Suites Richmond - The Commerce Hotel Richmond
- Embassy Suites Richmond
- Richmond Embassy Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites Richmond - The Commerce Center is located in the West End and only 3 miles from the University of Richmond. The hotel is in close proximity to shopping in Carytown, the Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens and the Richmond International Raceway. Enjoy the space and comforts of our two-room suites that offer a separate bedroom and living room as well as two 37-inch flat-screen HDTVs and complimentary high-speed internet access. The hotel is very close to many corporate offices, which makes it ideal for business travelers. Hold business meetings or group gatherings in the hotel's 10,000 sq. ft. Executive Meeting Center, a conference facility with ergonomic chairs, wall-to-wall whiteboards, high-tech A/V equipment, and adjustable lighting. Take a break from business in the heated indoor salt water pool or relax in the whirlpool spa. Stay in shape in the fitness center and then wind down in the sauna. Enjoy a delicious meal at the hotel's signature restaurant, Atrium Grill and begin each day with a complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Embassy Suites Richmond - The Commerce Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.