“Just remodeled, clean 2 room suite” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X HHonors Points
Ranked #8 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
“Just remodeled, clean 2 room suite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

An overnight stay while traveling on I 95 brought us to this recently remodeled Embassy Suites. Everything was new, crisp and clean. We always appreciate the 2 room suite with fridge & microwave, where a door can give a nice separation. As usual for Embassy Suites, the included full breakfast buffet was plentiful.

The only negative is a very small bathroom, although an extra sink area is provided in the bedroom.

Extra Hilton Honors points were accrued for eating in the restaurant.

• Stayed March 2013
ESHRichmond, General Manager at Embassy Suites Richmond - The Commerce Center, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest, thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are easy access when travelling on I-95 and we are glad you decided to stay with us! Best Regards, Kathleen Lyons, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Arrived mid day and was told our room was ready (around noon). We checked in and were sleeping (between 1 and 2 pm) when housekeeping knocked on the door and woke us up to ask when we would be checking out and leaving! Yes, the hotel was full (soccer tournament in town -- which we were participating in), but we had been told our room was ready (and it was), so why did housekeeping come to clean an already clean room?

The manager's reception was a bit disappointing --- yes, free drinks, but the "light appetizers" consisted of tortilla chips and salsa, veggies and dip, crackers and mixed nuts.

The next morning as we packed up (between 8 and 9 am), housekeeping knocked on our door AGAIN (thank goodness we didn't sleep in!) to find out when we would be leaving. If you advertise a 12 pm checkout, why are you knocking on doors before 9 am??? I have never felt as rushed to leave a hotel by the employees as I did with this stay. I like Embassy Suites, but I would hesitate to book at this property again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
ESHRichmond, General Manager at Embassy Suites Richmond - The Commerce Center, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guest
While I was pleased to read we were able to check you in early, I was disappointed there was confusion with your room’s departure date and we caused you to feel rushed the next morning. I have shared your comments with our staff and thank you sharing your thoughts with us. We do hope you will give us another try if in Richmond and we hope you enjoyed the soccer tournament. Best Regards, Kathleen Lyons
IOWA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed here for business and it was very central location to everything - including the mall! The KONA GRILL near there was really good as well! I also ate at their great restaurant, happy hour, breakfast. I will definitely stay again. The employees were great too. They were very accommodating and rooms were very nice and clean.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest, We are glad you were able to stay at the Embassy Suites Richmond and found our location to be convenient and well kept. It is great to hear you enjoyed our evening Manager’s Reception and Cooked to Order Breakfast. Our staff appreciates knowing you enjoyed their hospitality. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope you will return if your travels bring you back to the Richmond area! Kind Regards, Kathleen Lyons, General Manager
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

What a surprise this hotel turned out to be. I paid almost nothing an got a huge suite, drinks at Happy Hour, breakfast and great service.
If I ever get back to Richmond, this is where I'd stay....in a heartbeat.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you sharing your thoughts about the value of your stay at the Embassy Suites Richmond Hotel. We are glad you were able to experience our difference with our Suites, Full Cooked-to-Order Breakfast, and Manager’s Reception. We hope to see you soon! Best Regards, Kathleen Lyons, General Manager
Hampton, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel twice so far, and have really enjoyed it both times. The furnishings and interior are slightly worn - our last room could use a paint job. But everything else about our stay was enjoyable. The suite was nice and spacious, and the bed was quite comfortable. The kids loved the inside courtyard, and indoor pool. The happy hour was a great way to unwind after traveling, and I think this point alone could convert me to an Embassy Suites loyal customer. The staff was welcoming and friendly, and made us feel right at home. The free hot breakfast was a great perk - an omelette station, fresh fruit, great coffee....and who doesn't want endless amounts of bacon? We really enjoyed the stay, and we will definitely be returning to the Embassy Suites during our next stay in Richmond.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest, thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are glad you enjoyed our friendly staff, spacious suites, Full Breakfast, and the Nightly Manger’s Reception We hope you and your family will visit us again soon. Best Regards, Kathleen Lyons, General Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stay here once or twice a year, and have always enjoyed the experience. This Embassy Suites offers roomy suites that seem well maintained, and it does what all these properties do in providing a generous manager's reception for a couple of hours every afternoon and an equally generous cooked-to-order breakfast every morning. Depending on your capacity (as well as hunger and thirst), these benefits could be worth $40 per person, so that you get a $140 suite for two for what amounts to $60.
I can add that the place is laid out in an usually complex design, so that it can be difficult to find the public restrooms---but that is by no means a serious drawback.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
ESHRichmond, General Manager at Embassy Suites Richmond - The Commerce Center, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guest, We are glad you enjoyed the benefits and value we offer with our Cooked-to-Order Hot Breakfast and Manager’s Reception. Our staff takes pride in taking care of our guests and thank you for sharing your thoughts and also for choosing to return to our Embassy Suites Hotel in Richmond! Yours in Hospitality, Kathleen Lyons, General Manager
Charlottesville, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Let me begin by saying that this staycation for my husband and I was very much needed. I am a full time grad student, I work full time and we have a 12 year old daughter so my time is very limited with my husband. We decided to go to the Embassy Suites in Richmond because it was just a short drive from home and we have had wonderful experiences with Embassy Suites in the past. I only pick hotels with hot tubs because I don't have one at home and I love relaxing in the hot tub. Well, we had a great dinner and great service at the hotel. We changed and went to the hot tub at about 11:00 PM, only to find that it wasn't even lukewarm. My husband called the front desk and he was told that it must have just been refilled and it wasn't warm yet. So, I was ok with just going the next morning. Well, the same thing happened the next morning. We were told by the maintenance man that he would have to drain the tub and refill it and that would take away from the water pressure in the hotel so he couldn't do it. He said it would take 2 hours to heat up even if he could do whatever he needed to do. Sooo, I didn't get to go to the hot tub during our stay. I believe that the front desk manager said that she had that problem the week before but was able to rectify it. We were given $20 worth of movie tickets as an appeasement....did I mention that I have NO TIME for anything but school, work, and family??? I have no idea if or when we will ever use the tickets. I know it may sound whiny but I almost cried when I couldn't enjoy the hot tub because I was so looking forward to relaxing in it during my one night getaway. Also, our room was right over the HVAC system so I barely slept because of the noise of it turning on and off. The sliding door didn't lock but since we were on the 5th floor, we just dealt with it. All in all, I wouldn't go back to this hotel and it is sad because I usually love Embassy Suites.

Room Tip: DO NOT GET A ROOM OVER THE HVAC SYSTEM!!!! Check you sliding door when you first get in the hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ESHRichmond, General Manager at Embassy Suites Richmond - The Commerce Center, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Valued Guest, I am sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. We apologize for the issues with the hot tub and we will work with our maintenance team to ensure that this is addressed immediately. Again, I apologize for the inconveniences and we hope you will consider staying with us again. We would love another chance to provide a great stay for you and your husband. Thank you again for your comments. Kathleen Lyons, General Manager

Been to Embassy Suites Richmond - The Commerce Center? Share your experiences!