My husband and I just visited this gorgeous ES 1/20-22/2013 for a birthday getaway. I commended the manager in person on the friendliness of her staff (everyone we encountered said hello/asked if we needed anything) and their willingness to accommodate our requests for extra pillows & even a fan. We ordered room service the first night as we were both having back issues but the cheeseburgers ordered (rare and medium rare) were both terribly overcooked to the point of not being able to eat them. The next morning we were looking forward to breakfast but arrived way too late (9:00) and there was no bacon, hash browns left @ the lines for bread were extreme. It's only for these reasons that I'm not giving this ES an excellent rating. The atrium/reception/pool areas are beautiful & remind me of one in SF, CA, that we visited but we liked this one better as it was much smaller. We stayed in the top (8th floor) corner room of 809 (smoking) & it afforded GREAT sunset views. Again, had it not been for the room service order/late breakfast, I would have rated this hotel as excellent. It's in a great location (quiet) and so convenient to so many locations of interest. My recommendatiohn-book here but skip room service & be sure to head down to breakfast early.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Richmond - The Commerce Hotel
- Embassy Suites Richmond - The Commerce Hotel Richmond
- Embassy Suites Richmond
- Richmond Embassy Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites Richmond - The Commerce Center is located in the West End and only 3 miles from the University of Richmond. The hotel is in close proximity to shopping in Carytown, the Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens and the Richmond International Raceway. Enjoy the space and comforts of our two-room suites that offer a separate bedroom and living room as well as two 37-inch flat-screen HDTVs and complimentary high-speed internet access. The hotel is very close to many corporate offices, which makes it ideal for business travelers. Hold business meetings or group gatherings in the hotel's 10,000 sq. ft. Executive Meeting Center, a conference facility with ergonomic chairs, wall-to-wall whiteboards, high-tech A/V equipment, and adjustable lighting. Take a break from business in the heated indoor salt water pool or relax in the whirlpool spa. Stay in shape in the fitness center and then wind down in the sauna. Enjoy a delicious meal at the hotel's signature restaurant, Atrium Grill and begin each day with a complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, EasyToBook, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Embassy Suites Richmond - The Commerce Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.