I visited Richmond this weekend to visit family and was excited to stay at Embassy Suites here. Check in and check out was great, but that was all. The elevators were slow. Upon arrival to our floor, there was construction material outside of a few rooms - on a Saturday night. I could understand if middle of day, but it was close to 9pm. Once in room, light switches didn't turn on lights as expected. We had to use hall light to find lamps to turn on. There was a strange odor in room also. We weren't sure if due to construction few doors down or bus parked outside our window. Considered asking for room change, but after traveling all day, we were just too tired to bother. My sister complained bathroom was too small considering size of room, but was happy about second sink in bedroom. Also walls were thin, could hear people moving around next door. Made to order omelet was ok and nice selection at breakfast, but it was crowded and difficult to find a table. Overall, glad we tried it, but probably won't return to this hotel on next visit.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Richmond - The Commerce Hotel
- Embassy Suites Richmond - The Commerce Hotel Richmond
- Embassy Suites Richmond
- Richmond Embassy Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites Richmond - The Commerce Center is located in the West End and only 3 miles from the University of Richmond. The hotel is in close proximity to shopping in Carytown, the Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens and the Richmond International Raceway. Enjoy the space and comforts of our two-room suites that offer a separate bedroom and living room as well as two 37-inch flat-screen HDTVs and complimentary high-speed internet access. The hotel is very close to many corporate offices, which makes it ideal for business travelers. Hold business meetings or group gatherings in the hotel's 10,000 sq. ft. Executive Meeting Center, a conference facility with ergonomic chairs, wall-to-wall whiteboards, high-tech A/V equipment, and adjustable lighting. Take a break from business in the heated indoor salt water pool or relax in the whirlpool spa. Stay in shape in the fitness center and then wind down in the sauna. Enjoy a delicious meal at the hotel's signature restaurant, Atrium Grill and begin each day with a complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Embassy Suites Richmond - The Commerce Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.