I stayed at the Embassy Suites Richmond for business training in February 2012.
Pros: Beautiful lobby, common areas and atrium. Large, clean rooms. Amazing free breakfast.
Cons: Noise from atrium and nearby TGIF with blasting music until 2am. Slow internet.
Tips: Request a high floor room on the side of the hotel opposite the restaurants. They will be much more quiet.
The Embassy Suites does a great job of providing top level service, and great rooms perfect for the business traveler. This location also had best free hotel breakfast I have enjoyed, with made to order omelets and lots of additional hot food choices.
The rooms were clean, comfortable beds and two work areas. Two flat screen TVs in the room was great and three sinks.
The free wireless internet was very slow .5MB download speeds which made my VPN e-mail service for my work very slow.
The rooms were a little too noisy for my tastes. Noise in the morning came from the atrium, but an additional door in the room blocked most of this out. The problem was the TGIF restaurant that is adjacent to the Embassy Suites. They blasted music until 2am and the bass thumped in my room. This is outside of the control of Embassy Suites, but it still was annoying.
I would still highly recommend this hotel, it is a great option a few minutes away from Downtown Richmond.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Richmond - The Commerce Hotel
- Embassy Suites Richmond - The Commerce Hotel Richmond
- Embassy Suites Richmond
- Richmond Embassy Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites Richmond - The Commerce Center is located in the West End and only 3 miles from the University of Richmond. The hotel is in close proximity to shopping in Carytown, the Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens and the Richmond International Raceway. Enjoy the space and comforts of our two-room suites that offer a separate bedroom and living room as well as two 37-inch flat-screen HDTVs and complimentary high-speed internet access. The hotel is very close to many corporate offices, which makes it ideal for business travelers. Hold business meetings or group gatherings in the hotel's 10,000 sq. ft. Executive Meeting Center, a conference facility with ergonomic chairs, wall-to-wall whiteboards, high-tech A/V equipment, and adjustable lighting. Take a break from business in the heated indoor salt water pool or relax in the whirlpool spa. Stay in shape in the fitness center and then wind down in the sauna. Enjoy a delicious meal at the hotel's signature restaurant, Atrium Grill and begin each day with a complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, EasyToBook, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Embassy Suites Richmond - The Commerce Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.