You added Embassy Suites by Hilton Richmond - The Commerce Center to your Saves list
Embassy Suites by Hilton Richmond - The Commerce Center
Ranked #11 of 87 Hotels in Richmond
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Great Value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

Walking inside the Embassy Suites, my immediate reaction was that it reminded me of a rainforest cafe. You know, that restaurant? The rooms are very spacious and come with free WIFI. That alone is a major selling point. I still can't believe there are 5-Star hotels that still make you pay.

I ordered room service and the service and food was fast and actually quite good. During this post, I thought I would go ahead and take a break and get some water from the nearby vending machine and the one on my floor (4th floor) had no water, the 3rd and 2nd didn't accept my dollar and the ground floor for some reason charged $2 haha. Eventually, I got change for my dollar and went back to the 3rd and finally got my water!

Other then the useless trip I just made for a bottle of water, the hotel has a gym, small sized pool, and jacuzzi, all of which seem very popular among the guests.

*I traveled to this location on 8/7/2010. Relatively new to Trip Advisor, and didn't realize it wouldn't let me select 2010.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
ESHRichmond, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Richmond - The Commerce Center, responded to this review, January 24, 2012
Dear Valued Guest, thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are glad you enjoyed our spacious suites and we have found our guests do appreciate our WIFI, Full Breakfast, and the Nightly Manger’s Reception included without additional charges! We hope you will visit us again if you return to Richmond. Best Regards, Kathleen Lyons, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Jupiter, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

We used to live in Richmond and and were there when this Embassy Suites was built. It has always had a good reputation and is in a convenient area to interstate, restaurants, stores, etc. Little did we know that we would be moving out of state and would one day be staying here every year during the holidays. It is now a tradition that our family of 3 returns to Richmond for about a week to 10 days to visit friends and family during the holidays. We have a teenage daughter so the suite concept is perfect since there is a separate TV and pull out couch for her. It is a great value since an extensive breakfast is included (includes omelettes cooked to order) and an evening Manager's reception with snack foods and beverages. There is also a restaurant on site and meeting facilities on site. The facilities are nice and clean with indoor pool and fitness center which makes it especially nice in the winter. It is especially nice having a microwave and refrigerator in the room too. However, the one thing that makes it super special is the staff. The front desk staff is welcoming, even calling us by name. Little touches like "welcome back" on the reservation envelope are special. The entire staff is service friendly. It is obvious that they take pride in their positions and get along with each other as a team. Well managed Embassy Suites. Way to go. See you next winter!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
ESHRichmond, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Richmond - The Commerce Center, responded to this review, January 14, 2012
Staying a week or more does allow you to get to know our hotel well and we thank you for sharing your thoughts about why you plan on returning in the future. We are thrilled to be your hotel choice when you return to Richmond to visit and we look forward to another opportunity to welcome you back home! Best Regards, Kathleen Lyons, General Manager
NC Triad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

I stayed in this Embassy Suites twice in 2011 and can't say enough about how delightful each visit was. It's conveniently located and offers a fairly quick and direct drive into the downtown. On our first visit, my husband and I arrived by train and used the hotel shuttle that even took us to the rental car agency. Everyone was efficient and polite, but you all must meet Mr. Bobby - Mr. Personality! He has been one of Embassy Suites' National Employee of the Year and it's easy to see why.

The rooms are extremely reasonable, spacious, quiet and comfortable, although the bathrooms are a little small - that's ok, I spend more time in the rest of the room. Their indoor pool is a decent size when there aren't too many kids in it. The Manager's reception is a dream - help yourself to beer, wine and even cocktails before heading out to dinner! And their breakfast is almost overwhelming in its options. And all of that is free to guests. Elevators are a little slow, but I consider that to be a minor issue. The 'restaurant' is a bit limited and doesn't seem to have an actual location, but does provide meals in the bar area or in your room. Their seared Ahi tuna is fabulous!

My second trip two months later was with a friend to help her plan her family reunion - not surprisingly, she chose this as their hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
We treasure your recommendation at our Embassy Suites Richmond Hotel. We are thrilled to have won you over with the staff’s service, accommodations, and location. The Ahi tuna is one of my favorites too and the value of our Breakfast and Evening Reception is a hit with many of our guests. Also, so nice of you to recognize Bobby and thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again. Best Regards, Kathleen Lyons, General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

We spent New Year's Eve here and enjoyed ourselves very much. Among the two dozen Embassy Suites we've stayed in over the years, this one rates near the top for almost everything. One drawback was the lack of good beer at the Manager's Reception--with nothing available but Bud Light--which is like being on the wagon. But everything else was nice and abundant, including Sangria and eggnog. The placement bacon for the breakfast seems a little eccentric--it is offered with the sausage in an annex of the omelet station. I had to ask some people where they got theirs. Our suite was fine in every way. The staff was nice without exception. It is hardly the property's fault that some youngsters were raising hell next door on New Year's Eve. A bonus is the abundance of good restaurants in the vicinity, some in walking distance.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
ESHRichmond, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Richmond - The Commerce Center, responded to this review, January 11, 2012
Thank you for your kind words about our Embassy Suites Richmond staff. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your loyalty, we want to continue to earn your business! Best Regards, Kathleen Lyons, General Manager
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

Got stuck with a smoking room the night before I ran a marathon (who still has smoking rooms). Needless to say everything stunk. Carpet and furniture in room outdated. Elevators very slow. Had to ask for an iron for our room twice, since ours was missing. Room also small compared to other Embassy Suites I've been to.

• Stayed November 2011
Good for you running the Marathon!! The hotel was full the night of the marathon and of our five smoking rooms it is unfortunate we did not have the option to switch you to a nonsmoking. We hope you did well in the race and thanks for running the Richmond Marathon! Best Regards, Kathleen Lyons, General Manager.
Seal Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

I was traveling on business and spent one night at this property. The location is perfect, close to the highway and restaurants, and some nearby shopping opportunities. Check-in was ok with one person working the desk. I was provided a room facing the back of the hotel where I suppose it was quieter but not sure if it makes a difference what side of the hotel you're on. The room was clean and spacious, and comfortable, efficient, and typical of Embassy Suite properties. The desk area was well-lit for my business working needs, and there was a sink, microwave, and refrigerator for small items.

The bathroom was small but acceptable, and clean. There was an ample amount of towels and the standard hotel toiletries like shampoo and conditioner. The ventilation system was good at removing bathroom steam and moving the air out.

The bedroom was spacious. It also included a TV and a separate sink counter. The only hangup was that the coffee maker was broken, and apparently the maid did not empty out the water from the previous guest's stay. I found out that the water was in there because the water merely recirculated the hot water back into the resevoir, so no water came out through the coffee grounds funnel. When I asked the front desk for a replacement, the one brought up was also broken. I gave up!

The bed was comfortable and had clean sheets and a clean bedcover. The bedroom tempertature control unit was in working condition and was not noisy.

The breakfast the next morning was sufficient and filling. No complaints here. Check-out was also fast. I would stay here again as it was a good value for the price. Not a spectacular property but just perfect for a one night stay on business.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
ESHRichmond, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Richmond - The Commerce Center, responded to this review, December 20, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the hotel. We hope our central location, spacious suites, value, and staff will make us your first choice when in Richmond. We do apologize for the issue you had with the coffee maker and thank you for letting us know. Hope to see you again! Best Regards, Kathleen Lyons, General Manger
Carrollton, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

I stayed at the hotel in August. Absolutely wonderful accommodations! The staff was great. Bobby, at the front desk, was simply awesome. He had a huge smile for guests every morning, and it put a smile on my face at the same time. I was initially in a room above the pool and asked to change rooms as there was a chlorine odor that bothered me. Bobby was sooo helpful during that transition.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
We are so glad you chose Embassy Suites for your stay in Richmond! It will be my pleasure to share you remarks with Bobby and how he has made a difference! We hope to see you again soon - Best Regards, Kathleen Lyons, General Manger