“Clean Room, Friendly Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #8 of 81 hotels in Richmond
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Clean Room, Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We stayed in a suite for 10 days. Our room was spacious and very clean. The kitchenette area cabinets were a little dated w/ Formica (?) facings, but other than that minor detail, we had a great room. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The indoor pool was a great hit with our kids and was very well maintained and heated to an appropriate temperature. The included breakfast was standard hotel breakfast. The staff kept the area clean and well provisioned. We enjoyed our stay and I would recommend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

117 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Binghamton, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I just stayed in this hotel this past weekend for a Sat-Tue stay, and it was so nice! When I checked in, the lobby was FULL with a soccer group, but the young lady working alone maintained her composure (Caitlyn). The room was spacious, and the bathroom was as big as a studio loft I once had downtown! It had a micro and fridge, the bed was SUPER comfortable, and lots of great TV channels to choose from. The only negative thing I could say is poor water pressure in shower, but it gets the job done. Caitlyn worked every night of my stay, and recognized and greeted me throughout. My family came to visit me and we utilized the indoor pool :) We were a bit needy requiring help w/ opening a wine bottle, utensils, Papa John's phone #, etc, but all the staff were friendly and not annoyed to help. The bananas and cookies avail in lobby were a homey touch. I DEF recomend this place! Thank you :)

Room Tip: I was in room 231!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

A business trip earlier this week south of Richmond had me looking at TA for a hilton affiliated hotel (I'm a Diamond Member, and want to keep this status). There were two Hampton Inn's listed, both with the same rating. The first one had a review that talked about Ants in the room, so I looked for an alternative. ENter Midlothian tpk Hampton.

Some of the reviews discussed renovations needed to be made. They have been completed. BKFST area is clean, neat, and large for a Hampton. The rooms are up to date and fresh. Staff was terrific

Room Tip: I personally like a high floor, but I don't think it matters at a 3 story Hampton Inn
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

We stay here whenever we are in Richmond. The rooms are clean and reasonably priced. The staff are very friendly and the accommodations, comfortable. Each room has a mini-frig and microwave. It is covenientlly located near Midlothian Turnpike and shopping.

Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

My family & I stayed at this hotel last week before traveling down to the beach...the location of this hotel is awesome..

The hotel is located across the street from the Chesterfield Towne Center within numerous shops & restaurants...

The hotel just recently finished a lobby renovation where now it is very modern looking and very bright...and very invitiing..

The hotel also boasts a very nice indoor pool & fitness center located within the lobby area...

The front desk staff (Caitlin & Crystal & Nicole) went out of their way to make sure that myself & my family had an enjoyable stay..WHICH WE DID!!!!

Our room was on the 1st floor in which it would be easier for the kids and us to get to the pool and to get in/out when going out to eat....

I would definately stay here again and look forward to my next stay....

Room Tip: Rooms on the 1st floor make it convenient with children or people who don't want to go up/down e...
Conway, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

My family of four liked everything about this place. We came in town for a graduation and this was such a convenient location, close to many shops and places to eat....and it was easy to find off the main highway. The beds were very comfortable - feather pillows and down cover and love the fact that the duvet covers were bright white and clean with each stay. The breakfast was a step above a typical hotel continental and all employees were courteous and most helpful asking us a few times if there was anything they could have done to make our stay more enjoyable....I could not think of a thing!

Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location, close to shopping and restaurants. Check in was smooth and quick. The beds were extremely comfortable, not too soft or firm. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012

Been to Hampton Inn Richmond-Midlothian Turnpike? Share your experiences!