“Great for gold or higher rewards members” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #24 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great for gold or higher rewards members”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Excellent customer service, especially for gold or platinum rewards members. The concierge lounge provides a good breakfast and reasonable evening food. The beds are comfortable, and rooms are well kept. The bathroom is small, but that is no different from most Marriotts.

Room Tip: The back side (odd numbers) is quieter

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Cathy P, Manager at Richmond Marriott, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you for staying with us while you were in Richmond. We appreciate your loyalty as a Marriott Rewards member and are glad you enjoyed the service and amenities we had to offer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Fairfax, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Convenient location, great room, exceptional customer service, and good food. What more could you want? From the time we checked in to the valet delivery of our car, the staff was attentive and continually asking if they could help in any way. Great visit.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your feedback and I am glad you enjoyed both the staff service and our food and beverage outlets located on property! As you experienced during your stay we are more than happy to assist and tend to any of our guest needs. We hope to see you again in the near future!
Roma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

The best service I have ever experienced, really great people, all of them. Place is fine, also F&B is good if you don't want to go out. Great for conventions. Rooms are OK, not fancy but still pleasant to stay in.

• Stayed January 2014
I am so glad you had an excellent experience with both our staff and the food and beverage outlets we have on property. With the cold weather in Richmond that week, it was a great choice to stay in with one of us.
Durham, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

The customer service has proven to be one of the best and thorough. They really put pride in greeting you from the front desk to the custodial department. The hotel is clean, adequate, and in order. Nothing over the top, though. I hate that these large hotel chains charge for wifi.

Stayed January 2014
Thank you for taking the time out to share your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed the warmth of our staff service. I can certainly understand your frustration with the internet charges as it is a staple for many of our guests. I hope you decide to give us a second chance to host you and we would be more than happy to include the internet during your stay.
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

We, like a few other recent reviewers, stayed here for a cheerleading competition across the street in the convention center. The hotel is very easy to get to (right off of 95S) and it's similarly easy to get back on the highway to head home. We valeted our car but you did have the option of parking it next door in the garage although they charge you every time you take your car in and out. As soon as we walked through the door of the hotel (noting with glee that there was a Starbucks in the lobby - a major plus in my book), one of the staff approached us to help us check in. She was very friendly, walked us to the elevator to show us where it was and we were allowed to check in about 45 min early.

Our room was at the end of the hallway close to the elevator and it was very quiet at night (even though there were lots of little ones around b/c of the competition). The room was small but it met my number one criterion which is cleanliness. The bathroom was clean, the sheets were white and clean and the bed was fluffy. It's a basic room but we were only there for one night so it was fine for us but it's by no means a luxury hotel. Again, I was good with clean! There were also plenty of plugs for charging all our electronic devices which was nice.

The group were were traveling with ate at T. Miller's downstairs for dinner and the food was also basic but fine. Again, the staff was very accommodating, patient and pleasant as they sat our large group.

So, it's no Ritz Carlton but it was just fine for a one night stay.

Room Tip: Bring your bathing suits if you have little ones - the do have an indoor pool. The gym also looked v...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Stayed here on business for two nights in early January when the area was going through a record cold snap. I debated giving it three or four stars. I'd probably give it three and a half if I could.

Check in and transportation. Would be nice if the shuttle went to the airport but it doesn't. About a $35 cab ride from the airport. When cab got to the hotel bit of a traffic jam at the drop off area. Could probably use a couple of more people to retrieve cars so that the small space is not overwhelmed. Check in was easy, people very pleasant. Nice, spacious lobby decorated in the usual Marriott style. Gave me an upgrade to a junior suit. Alas, when I got to the suite on the third floor I opened the door and it smelled distinctly of chlorine. The work out room and the pool are on the second floor so my guess id that some of the smell was leeching up. Actually didn't bother me much because the suite was just a big room with a couch and one mirror on the wall. it overlooked some equipment on the Marriott roof and wasn't that appealing to me. Went back to reception and they gave me a room on the concierge floor.

Location- I guess it is near the convention center but I was going further downtown. The first night there I walked a few blocks down Broad Street to go to a restaurant. A fair number of empty storefronts. I never felt threatened but did not strike me as a vibrant location (at least on the short stretch of Broad that I walked down).

Room- Had a standard room with two double beds. Bed seemed a bit softer than I am used to at Marriott's (not good). Room was clean, nice view. Desk and desk chair fine. Modern TV of good size. Bathroom very small. the kind that you really have to close the door in order to use it. After having said that, it was clean, good soap, shampoo etc. HVAC unit was fine and not obtrusive. Two bottles of complimentary water in the room.

Amenities- Concierge Lounge was not large but the wait staff were very good and very personable. Good pasta at night and nice spread of fruit, eggs, oatmeal etc. in the morning. Fairly extensive work out room with multiple machines. All service people were uniformly pleasant.

Food- Had a drink during the evening at the bar after the concierge lounge closed. The pour on a Tanqueray on the rocks was a little weak but such is life at hotel bars. Service was fine. The next day a couple of colleagues and I had coffee at around 10 am before we left for our meeting. We were greeted promptly but then our waiter disappeared so that when we were ready to leave we had to wait for awhile to get our check.

Check out- Painless.

As I said at the beginning, nothing particularly wrong with the hotel but a couple of small things kept me from giving it four stars.

Room Tip: Might have just been a one off thing, but the room I was initially shown on the third floor above th...
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Check in was a breeze with friendly and professional staff. Enjoyed restaurant and comfortable room. Received good advice from front desk staff on area attractions and places to dine. Will recommend to others.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Been to Richmond Marriott? Share your experiences!