“Cute hotel in great location” 5 of 5 stars

Commonwealth Park Suites Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   901 Bank Street, Richmond, VA 23219   |
Ranked #18 of 81 hotels in Richmond
Atlanta, Georgia
“Cute hotel in great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed at the Commonwealth for 3 nights with my 12 year old son while attending a sports competition at the Greater Richmond Convention Center. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the spacious feel of the king suite that also had a small refrigerator and microwave, and the pull out sofa was very comfortable. Our hotel room felt more like a small apartment and was also very quiet. The location was great - about 5-10 minutes to drive to the convention center. The hotel is also across the street from the capitol building and grounds, which are very pretty. The valet parking was $15 per day and they were very quick to retrieve our car whenever we needed it. There is a Starbucks and a CVS within a few short blocks, a grocery store is a short drive away, and lots of restaurants within easy walking distance in the Shockoe area. They also had a boarding pass printing center. It is an older hotel so don't expect everything to be brand new, but we really enjoyed our stay, loved the charm of the hotel and our room, and would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We liked the king suite. It was on the end of the hallway, was large and sunny, and quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
CommonwealthPark, General Manager at Commonwealth Park Suites Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and your kind words. You would be happy to know that we serve Starbucks as our in room coffee, we look forward to a future visit. We are happy that you enjoyed your trip to our Hotel.

258 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Fayetteville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

James P. was one of the most professional and courteous gentlemen I have ever met. He did an exceptional job of serving us when we ate breakfast and his attention to detail was second to none. I would definitely recommend this hotel and restaurant to anyone staying in the Richmond, VA area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and your kind words. I will share your comments with James and the rest of the team and look forward to a future visit. We are happy that you enjoyed your trip to our Hotel.
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed here two nights. This is an older building which has had some renovations. Our room was on the top floor, a two room suite, so very spacious, great view overlooking the state capitol building. The bath could stand a little more updating but no real complaints. The elevators need an overhaul. We were almost stranded in one but were able to contact assistance right away and fortunately made it to our room after all.

This hotel offers valet parking due to the lack of a parking lot or on-street parking. That is no problem. Avoid walking uphill on 9th street if you want to avoid panhandlers, who tend to lurk outside the hotel entrance on that street - the hotel's main entrance is on Bank.

Breakfast was excellent and we too would endorse James P's excellent customer service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I recently had the pleasure to stay at this hotel and can't wait to return. I have traveled extensively and can't remember when I was treated so kindly and attentively. Thank you so much for taking care of me and making my stay memorable. I'LL BE BACK VERY SOON!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and your kind words. I will share your comments with the rest of the team and look forward to a future visit. We are happy that you enjoyed your trip to our Hotel.
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

James P restored my faith in great customer service. He was on top of his job and his experience really showed through his service and interaction. He was kind, polite, and worked to ensure I had a great experience at the hotel. I would return to this hotel because of James P.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Leesburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

James P was a wonderful breath of fresh air during my stay in Richmond. He works in the restaurant and is a terrific customer-service gentleman.

I will be going back to the Commonwealth Parks Suites during my next stay in Richmond

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We arrived ahead of time in town and I called to see if I could get early arrival. We had booked our reservation online and the front desk could not find our reservation on their books. I managed to look up the email on my phone and they found that it had never "ported" over. That being said, the front desk did get me a room early!! All was good except when I got to the room and looked out the window. I must preface this comment by saying it was through no fault whatsoever of the hotel itself, but it's just that the room we had (401) was directly outside some part of the roof access with pipes and equipment. Pretty unsightly! I never said anything so I never go to find out if they would have changed the room. Otherwise the room itself was comfortable and had everything we needed.

Everything else was great. Henry at the front desk was most accomodating. He allowed us to leave our car at the hotel after we checked out and put our luggage in the luggage hold area so we could sightsee. The valet guys were very polite and friendly. James P. who ran the breakfast room was charming and very helpful, especially since we were straggled in at the last moment. All in all we had a really nice stay and we would definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask where the room is if that is something you consider high priority. Internet is a breeze to get...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and your kind words. I am sorry that you were not upgraded to a suite which we usually do if we have one available, we look forward to a future visit. We are happy that you enjoyed your trip to our Hotel.
Anshu Kapoor

Been to Commonwealth Park Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!