“Great Room/ Great Service” 5 of 5 stars

Commonwealth Park Suites Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   901 Bank Street, Richmond, VA 23219   |
Ranked #17 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Windsor, Canada
“Great Room/ Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I justed wanted to share how pleased I was with my room. It was big enough I could have brought my whole family. I also wanted to especially mention Jame's inthe Cafe. James was a pure delight. Not only did he provide the best service I've ever experienced but he was also an engaging person who brightened everyone's day. Every company should be fortunate to have some one like Jame's on their staff.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
CommonwealthPark, General Manager at Commonwealth Park Suites Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review . I will share your comments with James and the rest of the team and look forward to a future visit.
Anshu Kapoor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Buena Vista, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I wanted to express my thoughts on the Commonwealth Parks Suites, I loved staying there and the people where outstanding. James and Adrew in the cafe, where very nice. I hope that I get a chance to stay there again. Thanks again to everyone at the Commonwealth Parks Suites.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post a review . I will share your comments with James , Andrew and the rest of the team and look forward to a future visit.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We stayed one night and were very happy with our room. The hotel is a classic with small elevators but good sized rooms. Staff was attentive and WiFi in room worked perfectly. Valet parking was only $15/night - a bargain in my view.

The hotel is within walking distance to restaurants and convienient to the Confederate White House and the National Park Service's Tredegar Civil War visitor center. Don't miss breakfast at Maxine's cafe in the hotel - James P. the service staff person for the cafe will take great care of you!

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor - very quiet and comfortable room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a review . I will share your comments with the rest of the team and look forward to a future visit.
Northeast
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

First, my room only had one window, picture attached, which was an obvious
disappointment. The room did have good space, and a good work desk with a good desk lamp.

Second, and most important, the business work station "software" was useless. While
the desk staff did let me use their front desk computer to print one Word document, their computer had no Excel-compatible software so I could not print a spreadsheet I needed
for a meeting.

The lobby business workstation software only allows access to the web. While I tried to use my Hotmail SkyDrive to print the spreadsheet, the workstation software rebooted each time I tried to print the worksheet from the web. The workstation software was also problematic to do anything except browse the web (which I could do from my room with my laptop and the wifi). There was no access to the USB port to read files on a thumb drive. I have stayed at many. many hotels, and used their business center computers and printers, but I have never run into this type of problem.

I do like older classic hotels, but this hotel is just old, and not for the serious business traveler. Won't stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has a view of something besides a brick wall.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
CommonwealthPark, General Manager at Commonwealth Park Suites Hotel, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear LifeOn String,
The view of certain rooms is not as desirable as others due to infrastructral constraints. You were in a bedroom, we usually upgrade our guests to a suite if they are available, suites do have a great view of the Capitol.
I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you due to the complimentary Lobby business center workstation. The system is managed by an outsourced company which manages aiport kiosks and business centers all over the country. The limits to the software are due to security and privacy issues. The system does not allow you save anything on its hard drive.
I am glad that the front desk was able to help you take care of your printing needs on the other computer.
I am not sure why you were not able to locate ms office or the USB port on the sytem, though there was an issue with the computer itself it was rectified after we called the helpdesk.

Once again I apologize for the inconvenience, we hope to see you again on your next visit.
Cypress
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay in Richmond, VA at the Commonwealth Park Suites Hotel. This is mainly due to the great room I stayed in and the service attendant, Tuesday. She was so sweet and very nice and I felt like my needs were taken care of with the uppermost respect!

Tuesday, thank you for making my stay a worthwhile experience a couple weeks ago. Looking forward to my next trip to Richmond!

Regards,
Nik

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review . I will share your comments with Tuesday and the rest of the team and look forward to a future visit.
Martinsville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Staying at the historic Commonwealth Park is like being welcomed home after a long day. The staff go out of their way to make you feel at home, calling you by name, and remembering details about your last stay. James P. runs the Cafe in the Hotel. He is both efficient and friendly, and does an excellent job of taking care of the guests. He takes pride in providing each guest with personal attention. The Cafe also offers a good assortment of breakfast foods for a small hotel. There is nothing fancy about this place; its charm comes from its warm and committed staff and its legacy as an historic hotel located in the center of power in the Capitol. Considering the location of the hotel, the modest cost, and the warmth of the staff, you cannot find a better place to stay in downtown Richmond.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and your kind words of praise. We value you as a guest, appreciate your patronage, and hope to see you again in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I have been staying in Commonwealth Hotel with my family since Jan 2011 in all my trips to Richmond and i find it a great place to stay always. The staff is courteous and i need to specially mention about James who is one of the most polite caring and couteous staff i have ever met. He takes extra care while serving breakfast, always greets you with a smiling face and is very energetic. I love the spacious rooms and the excellent view of the capitol. Its been a lovely experience for me always and looking forward to a pleasant stay in the future too.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of state capitol are the best.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review . We value you as a guest, appreciate your patronage, and hope to see you again in the near future.
Anshu Kapoor

Been to Commonwealth Park Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!