“Great Location, tired accomodations” 3 of 5 stars

Commonwealth Park Suites Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   901 Bank Street, Richmond, VA 23219   |
Ranked #17 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
McLean, Virginia
“Great Location, tired accomodations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

This is a gem of a location and great value in Richmond (across from Capitol). As reported by other reviewers, the rooms and bathrooms are very spacious, but clearly well worn...lack of attention to detail in room cleanliness (dust and accumulation in corners, even in bathroom), a bathtub stopper that couldn't stay open, no room clock and no kleenex and finally...a TV remote that was too far from the bed to work were the negatives. The front office and car park staff were very friendly, eager to please and efficient. Given its location and cost...its a terrific value!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
CommonwealthPark, General Manager at Commonwealth Park Suites Hotel, responded to this review, February 15, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review . We value you as a guest, appreciate your feedback we are looking into moving the television closer to the bed and hope to see you again in the near future.
Anshu Kapoor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for my ladys birthday and they updraded us to a suit for free down to earth friendly staff.

• Stayed December 2011
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

I stayed here for one night in October. While the lobby was slightly outdated, and yes the elevator is humoursly small, the room was a good size, the staff was nice, the bathroom was huge and it's a few blocks away from the bumping bar scene and higher class restaurants For the price, it was a great stay. If you are looking for swanky, stay at the Omni up the road (and pay $75-100 more a night!), but if you want to be close to the hubbub for cheaper, this is it!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
CommonwealthPark, General Manager at Commonwealth Park Suites Hotel, responded to this review, January 10, 2012
Bethlehem, Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

I loved this hotel. We went to Richmond to watch my sister run the Marathon. The location was great for us to watch the event. We were welcomed at the front desk by ?Henry who was very pleasant. The rest of the staff was also friendly and accommodating - especially the valet service they were quick and efficient - never had a problem. The room was great, beds were comfy and the pictures do not do justice to how BIG the rooms are!! After the marathon we went back to the hotel - 7 of us and sitting in the living room recapping the day and we could have fit more people easily! Felt like home

Thanks for a great stay...

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
CommonwealthPark, General Manager at Commonwealth Park Suites Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review . We value you as a guest, appreciate your patronage, and hope to see you again in the near future. I have conveyed your compliments to Henry, he joins me in thanking you for a kind review.
augusta, ga
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

I stayed at this hotel in October of 2011 for 2 nights. I checked into my first room that overlooked a very nice park, but the noise from the street was really loud so I asked to move. I was able to move to an interior room that had a view of another building, but was much quieter. Both rooms I saw were very similar and appeared to be clean. It's a different hotel experience in that they spent money to put a bidet in each bathroom and a large flat screen TV in both the living room and the bedroom, but the necessary maintenance to keep the hotel modern and in good shape was lacking. Multiple doorknobs were loose and doors wouldn't shut completely. Lightbulbs blown in the bedroom lamps. Either way, no big deal, it seemed clean, just strange priority for where money is spent, in my opinion.

I did not think this was a bad place to stay until I pulled back the covers to go to sleep. On my pillow I noticed several dark, aprox 2 inch hairs and halfway down the bed was a crusty yellow stain. I was appalled. I called the front desk and the woman was very nice, she personally came upstairs and helped me changed the sheets on my bed and told me she would notify the manager. She also took pictures with her camera phone. Take it for what it's worth, but I think the housekeeping staff here is lacking... The first attempt by the hotel to make up for this event was a free breakfast coupon - not acceptable...I complained and my first nights stay was discounted 50%. I've stayed in many hotels for business and feel that this was not a typical response to a problem like this. At many other hotels I feel that the entire night, if not the entire stay would've been discounted more than that. I won't be staying here again.

Dear Guest
I would like to apologize for your stay being anything other than great! It is our goal to make sure each and every guest is more than satisfied. Please rest assured that this is an isolated incident. Regarding the noise we did find that the window in your original room was opened from the top and our staff had inadvertently only looked at the bottom section of the window which was closed. This was an oversight on our part. The bed sheet issue is an isolated incident. We take great pride in our housekeeping and our maintenance as can be seen by the numerous reviews and our ranking on tripadvisor. Please contact me to let me know when you will be visiting the Richmond area again so that we can prove to you that our hotel and staff excels not only in customer service but also in good housekeeping and maintenance.

Rockville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

I recently stayed at the Commonwealth on business. I had previously stayed at one of your competitors and had both good and bad experiences. When I first walked in, the lobby and elevators looked small and I doubted my choice. However the warmth and friendliness of your staff and the extremely large rooms made for a wonderful stay. I also want to mention the breakfast which was absolutely authentic Southern cooking. Tasted like something my Grandmother would have made.

I'll be returning around Christmas for business but will be bringing my family and will plan to stay with you again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
CommonwealthPark, General Manager at Commonwealth Park Suites Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2011
Cary, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

I always come in Richmond for business trips and stays in this hotel. Rooms are very large and clean. If you have kids, you should really consider this option because kids get large space for play.Plus, if you are interested in sightseeing, the Virginia State Capitol building is right across the street. Overall good option to consider..!!

Anshu Kapoor

Been to Commonwealth Park Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!