The hotel is downtown, blocks away from restaurants and the capital. I was travelling alone, and did not feel comfortable walking alone at night to an external restaurant. The area was not very busy, and most places were closed at night.
The hotel is not new, and it clearly has been renovated. Bedding, furniture, etc. were nice and updated, but little hints of the hotel age remain, like old doors, old fixtures, and old grout around the tub. The room did have a refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good, but nothing outstanding.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Richmond Downtown Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Richmond Downtown Hotel Richmond
- Crowne Plaza Richmond
- Richmond Crowne Plaza
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visit the Crowne Plaza Richmond Downtown and discover all that downtown Richmond has to offer. You are in the heart of the financial district, shopping, dining, and entertainment. You are within easy walking distance of Shockoe Slip, Shockoe Bottom and many of Virginia s Fortune 500 Companies.The Crowne Plaza overlooks the newly restored Canal Walk and the Tredegar Civil War Museum. We are centrally located to many of Richmond's attractions with convenient access to Interstates 95 and 64, only 9.8 miles from Richmond International Airport. You will have room to work, relax and make the most of your day. Complimentary high-speed Internet, business center, and 7 layers of comfort bedding mean every night is a great night and every day starts right. Considering these options, the Crowne Plaza Richmond Downtown is the superior choice when deciding on a facility that has style and class, yet is ideal in location for anyone. Now open The Great Room proudly serving Starbucks Coffee, fresh pastries, gourmet sandwiches and soups, The Great Room features soft seating, large screen TV, wired and wireless free high-speed Internet connections--a great place to start or end your day! Attractions: The Carpenter Center for Performing Arts, Landmark Theatre, the Governor s Mansion, Kings Dominion, Busch Gardens, Richmond Ballet, Richmond Convention Center, Virginia Science Museum, Shockoe Slip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Crowne Plaza Richmond Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.