I think the biggest issue I had with this hotel was that it was not the quality I was expecting. I had stayed in Crowne Plaza’s in other cities in the past, and historically, the name is associated with luxury. The Crown Plaza in Richmond was not luxurious in any capacity. Certain standard amenities I would expect at a Crowne Plaza that are not offered at this hotel include: valet parking, on demand movie rental, in-room bar, and high quality room service. There was a choice of 1 bad bottle of red wine or 1 bad bottle of white wine to be delivered to the room.
If I was paying to stay in a lower-end hotel, I would have been happy with what I was provided, but I was paying to stay in the Crowne Plaza.
Besides the lacking standard amenities offered in high-end hotels, the food at the hotel restaurant was horrible (and cold). I should have taken a hint when we walked into an empty restaurant at 6:30 on a Friday night.
Our room was OK. It had a low-quality fake wooden laminate flooring that felt like plastic, and all the cleaning room had swiffers on their carts, which I thought was funny. One other item about the room was that the walls were paper thin. We could hear everything happening in the halls, even if it was just someone walking down the hallway, not talking. Overally, probably not a place I will stay again.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Richmond Downtown Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Richmond Downtown Hotel Richmond
- Crowne Plaza Richmond
- Richmond Crowne Plaza
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visit the Crowne Plaza Richmond Downtown and discover all that downtown Richmond has to offer. You are in the heart of the financial district, shopping, dining, and entertainment. You are within easy walking distance of Shockoe Slip, Shockoe Bottom and many of Virginia s Fortune 500 Companies.The Crowne Plaza overlooks the newly restored Canal Walk and the Tredegar Civil War Museum. We are centrally located to many of Richmond's attractions with convenient access to Interstates 95 and 64, only 9.8 miles from Richmond International Airport. You will have room to work, relax and make the most of your day. Complimentary high-speed Internet, business center, and 7 layers of comfort bedding mean every night is a great night and every day starts right. Considering these options, the Crowne Plaza Richmond Downtown is the superior choice when deciding on a facility that has style and class, yet is ideal in location for anyone. Now open The Great Room proudly serving Starbucks Coffee, fresh pastries, gourmet sandwiches and soups, The Great Room features soft seating, large screen TV, wired and wireless free high-speed Internet connections--a great place to start or end your day! Attractions: The Carpenter Center for Performing Arts, Landmark Theatre, the Governor s Mansion, Kings Dominion, Busch Gardens, Richmond Ballet, Richmond Convention Center, Virginia Science Museum, Shockoe Slip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Crowne Plaza Richmond Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.