“trip to richmond this week turned scary when my wife had ot be rushed to VCU hospital” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Richmond Downtown

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #25 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
greensboro,nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

Because of Janet and David at the front desk taking quick and unusual action my wife is safe. After having to handle this unusual request of calling EMS as I was at home in Greensboro,n.c When I drove up to Richmond from Greensboro Janet checked me into the Crowne Plaza and made me feel very comfortable. She handled all of my request such as parking, breakfast, and late check out with a very personal touch.She really took a personal interest in my wife's condition. I really appreciate how she made me feel in this situation.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
ScottJones, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Richmond Downtown, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
Dear Jimmy A, Thank you for the heartfelt feedback... We are glad your wife is safe. I will share this update and wonderful review with Janet and David. We are looking forward to your future visits.

C. Scott Jones

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Waycross, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I stayed here on business, and this is a nice hotel. It's very clean and the staff are very friendly. Nothing, however, makes this a real special hotel. Everything was good, but nothing was great.

I'm not one to care about a hotel being real upscale so I get turned off my expensive restaurants and room service, and no free continental breakfast. I know this isn't the place to offer a free breakfast, but $12.50 for a decent one is a bit much for me. I'd rather stay a few blocks away at the Holiday Inn Express.

This hotel is conveniently located downtown, so you'll find plenty to do close by. This isn't exactly my favorite, but there's nothing to worry about if you do stay here.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear Micheal Aho, I would like to thank for staying with our hotel and providing valuable feedback. I apoligize that our Front Desk staff did not offer to sign you up for our Priority Rewards Club that features many amedities as you have mentioned in your review. I will continue to try and communicate so that we can sign you up for a future date.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Stayed here because we had a corporate discount code, so it was very reasonably priced. The front desk clerk when we checked in was preoccupied doing something else, and we had to prompt her to turn her attention to us. We were also supposed to get a small bottle of wine, which she failed to give us, but the other couple traveling with us--who checked in an hour later--received it. Otherwise, pretty nice but standard hotel. When we complained to the manager, he sent a letter, but that was it. Would stay again, but not expecting great service.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
ScottJones, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Richmond Downtown, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for your feedback!
Conway, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

My room was fine, but I MUST have coffee and love the hotels with the new coffee systems. This room had the old type and it didn't work. The next morning at 5:30 AM I mentioned to the front desk that my coffee maker didn't work and all I got was a "ok" I then asked for a cup of coffee that was downstairs, but no...it was Starbucks...where was customer service?

I heard entire conversation of the girl on her cell phone next room, and I am sure she didn't want to hear me coughing.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback!
Gastonia, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Just returned from the Crowne Plaza Richmond Downtown. We were there for our church's couples retreat. We arrived on a Thursday and checked out Sunday morning. Both went smoothly. Kenya (who worked the front desk upon arrival) is a breath of fresh air. Excellent customer service. Room 1424 is a suite has a large seating area. The time that we were there there a lot of group activities going on which made the hallways very busy late at night. The breakfast buffet was very good but just a tad bit expensive. The meeting room space was just right. I just enjoyed my stay at Crowne Plaza and if I needed to go back to Richmond, I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the backside of the hotel have a view of the river.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
ScottJones, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Richmond Downtown, responded to this review, April 18, 2012
Dear Veronica047, thank you for taking the time to provide this wonderful feedback regarding your experience during your Couple's Retreat last weekend.

Sincerely, C. Scott Jones, GM
Valencia, Venezuela
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

I reserved 3 rooms with my Priority Club points and to my surprise, instead of getting the worse rooms in the house, we actually got great rooms! Mine was a Priority Club suite in a corner overlooking the river from both sides of the building, it was beautiful! The amenities were nice, although it's the first Crowne Plaza where I don't get the sleep advantage kit, but the rest of the stay made up for that. We had to wait for our third room since it was still not ready, but we just left for sightseeing and it was fine when we got back. Cuddos for having Althea in your staff. When we checked in she looked like an octopus!!! Taking care of everyone at the same time and managing the situation of having so many people checking in, besides other people asking stupid questions, is not an easy task. She is really committed to giving great service! The poor thing was so busy, she didn't even notice that, right next to me, she was checking in Caroline Kennedy (JFK's daughter)!! Our stay was great and if the Kennedy girl stays there, it should be a great place, right? We got small wine bottles at check-in time, which was a nice touch. Location is great, few blocks from the Capitol and the Governor's mansion.

Room Tip: Ask for a high corner room with view to the river
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Marseijas, we believe that you desire the best that Crowne Plaza has to offer as a Priority Member. Whether you are on a points stay should not effect your room type. Part of our Refreshing of Crowne Plaza includes some changes in our Sleep Advantage Kit that today is not yet available. I apoligize if this feature has not been consistent with your most recent stays. Thank you for taking the time to provide this valuable feedback.

Lusby, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

I have worked in the hospitality industry for almost 6 years now and was extremely impressed by this hotel and it's staff. My mother and I were running late for a show at the Landmark Theater and the staff quickly checked us in, held our bags until we returned, and called the shuttle for us. The shuttle driver, Ed, was very pleasant, professional, and prompt. When the show was over we called Ed to pick us up and we waited no longer than 5 mins. Our room and view was AMAZING! At around 12:30 I asked the night auditor , Marlyn, if they had a plastic bowl for my food, she completely went out of her way to get my mother and I 2 nice dish bowls. Also a little later I asked Marlyn for an extra pack of reg. coffee, which there were no more at front desk. I told her dont worry about it, yet a few mins later i had a knock at the door and it was security delivering my coffee. Marlyn completely went out of her way to help and she is an asset to Crowne Plaza. As well as Ed, I felt safe and secure riding with him. Thank you guys!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Crowne Plaza Richmond Downtown? Share your experiences!