“Best Residence Inn in Richmond West area” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #21 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cape Cod
“Best Residence Inn in Richmond West area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

As a Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite member - I've stayed at hundreds of Marriotts, all brands. This hotel was clean, quiet, in a location where I could take a walk along a road with little traffic, close to stores and restaurants, had an indoor and outdoor pool, and was great value at the AAA rate. It is also much newer than the other Residence Inn nearby - which is important to me as many Res Inns allow pets, and the newer hotels are less likely to have any traces of pet dander. I love my own dogs - but I have dog allergies so it's important to stay in room that is as close to pet-free as possible (my dogs are hypoallergenic breeds). Last bit not least, I was greeted by Miriam at the front desk when I checked in - what a nice woman. Friendly, knowledgeable - and just a really nice person. I highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed May 2013
RICIN_12, General Manager at Residence Inn Richmond Northwest, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to recognize our hotel. It is especially important coming from a Platinum Member for you are truly an important part of the Marriott family. I will pass along your kind words about Miriam, she is a great asset to our hotel.

Seth Weiss

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We stayed three nights in Richmond at the Residence Inn in Northwest. The hotel was comfortable, and the 1 bedroom suite nicely laid out and very convenient. The bed was comfortable but slightly slanted and wobbly. When I spoke with the manager, it turned out that a foot was missing from one corner, and this has since been corrected.

There's a small kitchenette in the room with a refrigerator that actually has a working ice maker. I didn't try the range, but the room was stocked with cutlery and china, and there was a microwave and coffee maker. My only complaint is that the hotel expects you to use the glasses from the kitchen when you brush your teeth, instead of having glasses in the bathroom.

The serve a nice breakfast. You won't mistake it for gourmet dining, and quality varies according to who is cooking (the maintenance guy is an inspired breakfast chef). The hotel otherwise was quiet, the staff very helpful and pleasant. I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose the one bedroom suite rather than the standard hotel room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments and yes the Engineer/Chef is quite excellent at both cooking and fixing. I will pass along your comments to the team and thanks again. Hope to see you soon.

Genaral Manager
Ontario,Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

After trying to find accommodation in this part of Richmond ( everything was fully booked) we were pointed in the direction of this Residence Inn. It proved to be just what we needed - clean, comfortable and spacious. The breakfast was very good and we could have easily stayed an extra few nights.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
I am truly glad you found us and appriciate your comments. We strive to provide all of our guests with clean and comfortable surroundings. Hope to see you with us again in the future.

Carneys Point, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Not a lot to say but my visit went very smooth with no problems, check-in was quick and sweet. The room was clean and large, I had a studio suite, plenty large enough for the business traveler. Had a desk I could work at and still see everything in the room. Breakfast was your normal for a free breakfast. Not a lot of healthy options, but I got by. If I had one thing to knock, it would be that the place is huge and it seemed like I walked forever to get to my room when I could of went out the front door and just made a right and been at my room.....

Room Tip: Check-in then park your car.....
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your comments and the excellent rating. I am glad you enjoyed your guest room suite. We are also adding some gluten free options to provide a more balanced breakfast for our guests. Hope to see you in the future.

Annapolis, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Stayed two nights in mid-March on business. Great location, easy to get to major thoroughfares. Room was great--clean and comfortable, ground floor as requested. Breakfast and dinner were just fantastic and front office/restaurant staff could not have been nicer (the young lady working breakfast ran out of waffle batter and made me one herself once she'd finally gotten it).

Only negative was the housekeeping staff--on our last day I'd asked for a late checkout so I could spend a bit more time in the field and my wife could finish up her work. We were given a 2 p.m. checkout by the front desk. When I returned to check out, the housekeepers were parked outside the room and I found out they'd knocked several times trying to get in and at one point even pushed the door open (trying to see how much needed to be done?) when my wife opened it.

The housekeepers were the only drawback. I'd still return, but they need to be reigned in big time. If you need stay late, make sure the desk tells housekeeping to get off your back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
RICIN_12, General Manager at Residence Inn Richmond Northwest, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments in regards to our Suites, Staff, Breakfast, Dinner and Location I definitly appreciate that and will pass on these comments to the staff. I also want to apologize for the inconvenience with your requested late check out. Appears there was a breakdown in communication. This will be addressed to prevent re-occurence. Hope to see you again.
Warmest regards
Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We were incredibly comfortable and welcomed by the staff. The continental brekfast was varied, warm, and delicious. We were especially pleased with our spacious room, that was clean, with an effective, homey, layout. We will definitely reccomend this to friends and family, and will always stay here in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a fireplace. They have them!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
RICIN_12, General Manager at Residence Inn Richmond Northwest, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for your excellent comments in regards to your past stay with us. I am so glad we will able to meet and exceed your expectations in regards to our complimentary all you can eat hot buffet breakfast and large, clean guest room suite. We hope to see you again in the future.

Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Our family rented three suites to have a family reunion of 3 generations. The well stocked kitchen was a plus and the two bedroom suites with pull out sleep sofa meant families could stay together, A Whole Foods Market nearby made shopping easy. One family required a place that would acomodate their dog, which the Residence Inn does. This hotel is a little older, but is well kept up and is clean. What made this stay extraordinary was the level of service, from the front desk, from the host/cook in the breakfast room and from housekeeping. The staff was welcoming, helpful and accomodating.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
RICIN_12, General Manager at Residence Inn Richmond Northwest, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to fill out a response, we know your time is valuable and we really appreciate it. I have passed on your comments to the team here and we are so pleased we were able to take such great care of you. This is why we are here and hope to see you again soon.

Seth Weiss

Been to Residence Inn Richmond Northwest? Share your experiences!