“Reunion Trip” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
“Reunion Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

My sisters, our daughters, and myself get together every year for a weekend of nothingness!! We laugh, play games, and totally relax and for 5 years now we have stayed at this Residence Inn and have been able to get the same block of rooms each time. So the Duncan and the rest of the staff know us well. They are always ready to help with whatever request you have. The rooms are perfect for our type of get together and the breakfast bar on the weekends is absolutely wonderful. The only drawback on our last visit was the hot tub had been covered over to make room for a handicap swing to lower people into the pool. We did miss the hot tub and hopefully something practical can be worked out before our next visit.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
RICIN_12, General Manager at Residence Inn Richmond Northwest, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you very much for your comments. We enjoyed having you all here again and hope to see you many more times. We will do everything we can to ensure all your future visits are just as memorable as your past ones. See you soon.

Seth Weiss

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

As always the service, rooms, and staff are nice at the Richmond NW. A nice breakfast daily and manager's reception (dinner/appetizer) with complimentary wine/beer M-Th is appreciated. The rooms are newly furnished and clean. Didn't hear any noise from neighbors. They have a nice outdoor pool (which I prefer in the summer) but I was disappointed that they have filled their outdoor whirlpool we enjoyed last year with concrete - probably be cause of the new ADA law and expense of adding a lift to 'every' water feature. Although this hotel is a little further out than my work location - I stay here because of the service, outdoor pool, and the complimentary food.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you vey much for your wonderful comments. We appreciate you very much for staying with us even though your office is a little further away. We will continue to strive to give you the type of service you have come to expect here along with the complimentary food and outdoor pool area.

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

My family and I stayed here for more than two weeks while house hunting, and the staff made us feel like we were part of their family. The breakfast was great, happy hour was refreshing and the room was spacious. They even allow pets. Most of all, the staff respects the guests and try to make you feel at home. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for recognizing our hotel on Tripadvisor. Taking care of every guest, every day, every stay is something we strive to do here and I am glad that you experienced and recognized that. We hope to see you soon.

Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

I shared a suite with my sister and husband while I was there for the graduation of my grandson. First the staff that greeted us when we signed in were just great. They were so professional and neatly dressed. Then the accomadations were the best. There was enough space for my sister and me and my husband so that we did not have to feel like we were bumping into each other. I was also impressed with the kitchen area. If we wanted we could have cooked each night that we were there. The kitchen was stocked with dishes, pots, and stuff that you would have in your kitchen, the fridge was clean also. The breakfast bar was excellent, it was the bomb. Oatmeal the way I like it, Belgian Waffles, eggs, potatoes and peppers, donuts and bagels, anything that you wanted it was there. The young lady that kept it going was very nice and kept the tables very clean when people left. Even if you went back to your room after you fixed your plate they would give you a tray so that you didn't have to stuggle. Fitness area and pool was great. Also there is a basketball goal for those that want to shoot a few hoops. There are businesses and eateries all around the hotel also. So try them out if you are staying more than a day.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
You made my day. Thank you for such a great response in regards to all aspects of your stay. We pride ourselves on providing all of our guests comfortable rooms and excellent service and I'm so glad we were able to meet and exceed you expectations.

Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I stayed at the Residence Inn for sometime and felt its a decent place to stay! The rooms are clean and comfortable. The kitchen is fully equipped and sufficient to cook for a small family. They do provide a breakfast and a yummy snack during the weekday and that definitely has good options for everyone. But for someone who is staying for a long period, the breakfast menu might get boring. I always enjoy cooking, so food was not my big problem.The WiFi is fast and i never had problems with it. The front desk staff is very friendly and helpful. As this place is located closer to a variety of restaurants, shopping malls you don't have to travel too much for everything. Overall, it is a good place to stay and i would definitely recommend you too.

Room Tip: This location is located in a very quiet location and all rooms are well ventilated.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Residence Inn Richmond Northwest, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful comments. We have actually added some additional items to our breakfast selection including additional toppings for the oatmeal such as golden raisins, slithered almonds, and craisins as well as the basics like raisins, nuts, and brown sugar. We continue to strive to be better so thank you again for your comments. Hope to see you soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

Stayed here with my kids for 2 weeks in June, waiting for school to end. The staff is extremely friendly and very customer oriented. The free food offered is unappealing and boring, lacking variety and choice for healthy eaters, although the breakfast staff works hard to accommodate guests. Disgusted to find filthy plates put back in cabinets, as if clean, from previous guests. Cabinet handles and knobs were dirty with crusted old food, and garbage disposal was broken and not fixed before we moved in. Had to ask numerous times for repairs. The location is very convenient for business travelers as Innsbrook is two traffic lights up the road. Also, thank goodness Whole Foods and Trader Joes were just up the street to eat healthy foods I craved.

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you very much for your comments. We pride ourselves on providing clean accomodations and good variety at breakfast. Unfortunatly, we dropped the ball upon your arrival, which I do apologize. I understand the AGM quickly responded and took care of the dishes and had houeskeeping check you cabinets more thoroughly. I do apologize for not catching these problems before your arrival and taking too long to repair the disposal in your suite.
As an additional benefit to all of our guests we do grocery shopping at no additional charge to get those healthy items you crave. Hope to see you again soon.

Ajax, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

I travelled here for a month on business. The pet policy and family friendly atmosphere made all the difference in my extended stay away from home. The hotel staff is friendly, accommodating and take good care of you. The breakfast is excellent and the social hours are a great way for guests to mingle, particularly if you are travelling alone. The patio/pool area in the evenings and weekends is a wonderful place to relax and unwind from a hectic week. I would definitely recommend this hotel to any traveler for either an extended or short stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your excellent comments. I am so glad you were able to enjoy our outdoor pool, firepit area, and social events. It is nice to be able to have a complimentary glass of beer or wine by the firepit after a long day at work. Hope to see you in the future. Thanks again for your comments.

Warmest Regards,

Seth Weiss

Been to Residence Inn Richmond Northwest? Share your experiences!