“Great value” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
New York, NY
“Great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

FL to NY road trip with stops in Savannah and here. Unexpectedly great and convenient hotel. Don't let the scented lobby deter you. Ask for beautiful, well thought-out room #212. Well- maintained, good design. Super quiet, the pool and gym are open 6AM-11PM. Strong wifi signal. HBO. Government or Triple A discount make this a really great value.

Room Tip: upstairs facing away from huge parkway its on
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
shsrichmondnwgm s, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Richmond Northwest, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
My team and I are so pleased that you found our Springhill Suites Richmond Northwest to be such a "great" and convenient hotel. I am so glad that you found your room to be well designed and well maintained.

I will share your comments with our hardworking maintenance team that puts great effort into making our 5 year old hotel still feel brand new for our guests!

We recently upgraded our WIFI in the public areas and guest rooms and I am glad to hear that it is working well for our guests!

We hope that you will choose us again for an overnight stop when you are traveling between FL and NY.

Jonathan Brashier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Our group took 3 rooms on Fri & Sat while touristing around Richmond. Our first floor rooms were nice with extra high ceilings.Small bar area with water, coffee, fridge and microwave. A couch, chair and desk made for a nice lounge area. All in all a pleasant room. The breakfast included juices, coffee, muffins, scrambled eggs, sausage and waffles. Nothing complex, but satisfying. I never checked out the amenities, so no comment there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
I am so glad to hear that you found our hotel to be so pleasant during your recent leisure trip to Richmond.

It sounds like our room and breakfast met your needs. I hope next time you can perhaps enjoy the other amenities that the hotel has to offer that you weren't able to experience this time.

We have a great salt water indoor pool and spa, and a nice patio where you can soak up some sunshine and relax!

Richmond is full or rich history, great local food and more! So there is plenty to come back and see.

Hope you choose us again for a good night's rest after a busy day of sightseeing and "touristing"!

North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed at this Springhill Suites to attend a wedding in downtown Richmond. Desk staff was exceptionally helpful and friendly. Our room was plenty big, the bed was comfy, the bathroom was just fine. The hotel is located very close to I-64, but far enough away that you don't hear road noise. Breakfast is quite good and not all carbs. I wish I could stay in hotels this nice when I travel.

I have to scratch my head at the decor in the "living room" part of our room. I thought surely our room was the only one with that mish-mash of colors and styles, but somebody has posted a photo of a "living room" in one of the rooms, and it's the same. Never in my house, but I can let it go in a moderately priced hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your comments about our Springhill Suites Richmond Northwest!

We love hearing from our guests and it sounds like our staff treated you well and that your room provided you with a comfortable place to stay while you were in town for a wedding.

It's always good to hear our guest's thoughts on everything and I also appreciate your comments on the décor and color schemes in the rooms. Hotels can certainly be a little out of the box sometimes with vibrant and unusual color schemes and I can certainly agree, we wouldn't choose some of these things for our homes.

Hopefully you will remember us for our great service and the rest of your experience and come back and enjoy another stay with us again in the future.

All our best,

Como, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

My niece had a slumber party slash pool party at this Springhill with three of her cousins and a few of us adult family members to supervise the crew :) From start to finish this place was the perfect pick! The girls had a wonderful time going swimming as often as they could, and the workers made sure the towels were well stocked (thanks guys!!!). The pool was clean and inviting, and so were the rooms! When we checked in, the front desk staff member was both friendly and helpful! The rooms were a great fit for our group, and the breakfast was thoroughly enjoyed by all! Each member of the staff, I felt, played a part in making this night out so special for my niece, and I am SO grateful to you all for all your help in being so great to all of us!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
I was so excited to hear that our hotel was the "perfect fit" for your family gathering and niece's birthday party. It always makes me proud when someone takes the time to recognize our team for delivering great service from start to finish!

We hope that the next time your family comes together for any occasion, that you will once again choose our hotel.

All our best,

Holly Springs, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Picked a hotel in this area because I like to avoid I-95 through the middle of Richmond. Hotel near I-64, I-295,US 250, and VA 288. Lots of places to eat and shop nearby too. This hotel seems to be a slightly older version of Spring Hill suites than some I have stayed in, ie only one TV in a two bed room with sitting/office area. Seems well maintained though. The indoor pool and hot tub were smallish but nicee and clean. Very friendly welcome at the front desk. Breakfast included, and does have some hot food items available. Only possible down side was that I did not care for the pillows, they seemed more like a sack of feathers to me. Would definitely stay again though.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay at our Springhill Suites Richmond Northwest.

I am pleased to hear that you find our location so convenient for ease of getting around town with out the hassle of I-95 traffic. It sounds like you were also able to enjoy some of the shopping and restaurants that are so close by.

And thank you for sharing something we could improve upon as well, we are actually in the process of upgrading our pillows in all of the guest rooms.

We look forward to having you stay with us again. With new pillows in place, you will have a perfect stay!

Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

On the plus side -- very comfortable bed; fairly large room; spacious bathroom; microwave and mini-fridge; good free breakfast; right next to a Cracker Barrel restaurant, with another restaurant (O'Charleys) also quite close.

On the slightly negative side -- perhaps the most strangely laid-out hotel room I've ever stayed in. To give the sense of being a "suite," a wall has been stuck between the "living room" and the "bedroom." It only extends about 2/3 of the distance across, however, so there is no actual separation that would allow for privacy -- no door to close or anything like that. Instead, there is a set of drawers that extends partway into the bedroom area and partway into the living room area. On top of the drawers is a TV set that swivels -- if you are in bed, you turn it toward the bed; if you are on the living room couch, you turn it toward the couch, but you can never look at the screen directly, head-on. Plus, by putting the drawers in the passageway between the bedroom and the livingroom, the designers have only left a very narrow (foot-and-a-half) corridor to walk from bedroom to livingroom.

Still, despite this off-putting example of poor design, which causes a fairly large room to feel needlessly cramped, I thought the SpringHill Suites was a good value, and I'm glad we chose it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and comments about our Springhill Suites Richmond Northwest.

I am so happy that overall, you felt that our hotel was a good value and that you enjoyed your stay.

Also, thank you for the feedback concerning the layout of the room. While our rooms are certainly spacious, clean and comfortable, I understand that some folks are expecting two separate rooms when the term "suite" is used.

Thank you again for taking time out of your day to share your thoughts. We appreciate you as our guest, and hope that you will choose us again, when travels bring you to Richmond.

Bogota, Colombia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is a clean hotel with spacious rooms. My whole family slept comfortably. The hotel was quiet, offered plenty of parking, and easy to find. It was a short drive to downtown Richmond. We loved being next to Cracker Barrel and opted not to eat the free breakfast. The pool and gym are small but well maintained. I would return anytime I need to spend a few nights in Richmond.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
I was thrilled to read your wonderful review of our Springhill Suites Richmond Northwest.

It is so rewarding to hear from our guest, especially when I can take the news back to our team and celebrate our successes with them.

Every member of our team takes pride in their work to make sure we are always ready for our guests!

Sounds like you have found your home away from home when travels bring you to Richmond VA.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Jonathan and Team Richmond

Been to SpringHill Suites Richmond Northwest? Share your experiences!