“Excellent Stay - Good hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
4th of July Savings!
Ranked #14 of 83 Hotels in Richmond
Fairfax, VA
“Excellent Stay - Good hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

The hotel looks new and updated. Check in was a breeze. I checked in late. The lady mentioned all places to eat nearby.

Room was clean. The working desk was enough space for laptop and personal items. The bed was very comfortable

Breakfast was good too

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
shsrichmondnwgm s, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Richmond Northwest, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to share your feedback about your stay at our Springhill Suites Richmond Northwest.

I absolutely love it when guests share about their experience with us, and it sounds like our team was able to meet your expectations. I will certainly take your kind words back and share them with the hardworking folks at our hotel who make it happen everyday for our guest.

We look forward to welcoming you back again on your next trip to Richmond.

Jonathan Brashier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Barrington, RI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

The Hotel is new and updated so it's clean, but the rooms and hotel seem to be poorly laid out. When you enter the hotel there is a huge table to the right which is the breakfast room (free breakfast) where people sit and drink and eat but you feel like your walking through someone's dining room to check in. The rooms are are terribly laid out. It's like they took a 15 x 15 room and randomly threw walls up in attempt to make a suite. No thought into where someone might need an outlet either. Heater is loud. For a clean stay yes, for a business stay, think again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking a few moments out of your day to share your feedback about your stay in Richmond. I am afraid that based upon your comments about the breakfast area, large table and feeling like you are "walking through someone's dining room" to check in, that perhaps you have reviewed the wrong hotel. There are actually two Springhill Suites in Richmond and the description sounds like the lobby at the other hotel. Thank you for sharing how clean and well maintained the hotel was, and I will be happy to pass along your remarks to the General Manager of that hotel. We hope that next time travels bring you to the Richmond area, you might have an opportunity to stay at our hotel on the Northwest side of town. Our lobby is open, spacious and we certainly have a dedicated space for our guests to enjoy their breakfast.

Jonathan Brashier
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

My family of 4 stayed here from Dec 23-26. From Arrival the desk agents were courteous and friendly. The chief engineer inquired about our stay as well. The room was great and full of space. I liked how the tv was set away from the beds, as to let whoever wanted to sleep early not be bothered by the tv. The breakfast was first class, with everything you could ask for. Its also close to downtown Richmond. I will stay here when my travels return me to Richmond!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We recently stayed at this property and were very pleased. The room was spacious though a little strangely configured with lots of angles. The bed was comfortable as was the other furniture in the suite. Loved having a separate seating area which was a great place to visit with family.
The staff was wonderful, the pool refreshing and the breakfast very adequate.
The only negative was the noise. We could hear people walking over us and at one point something was dropped or hit and the wall shook.The next time we stay there we will request a room on the top floor.Problem solved!

Room Tip: Request a top floor room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Albany, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

Most everything was fine about this hotel except I had a horrible night sleep. Try need better room darkening blinds. I was in room 310. The light from the parking lot shines in really bad from the bottom of the curtains. When the sun rose it was even worse. After a long day of driving I was looking forward to a nice sleep. The light kept me up til 1:30 and woke me up at 6:00.

You could also hear people walking in the room above me and waiting for the elevator.

The place is extremely clean, decorated nicely, and the staff is friendly. I just have never stayed in a room so bright with moderate noise. I took a picture with the light shining through so you can see for yourself.

• Stayed August 2012
Bayside, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Hello from Queens, NY. I recently drove down from NY to visit with a special friend who lives in the Lynchburg area. Came to this Hotel on Fri Aug 3 - Mon Aug 6. My stay at the hotel was wonderful. The room was clean and my request for extra pillows and towels were met. The hotel itself was clean all around. There were just 2 things I encountered that I would like to mention, 1= slow internet, the printer in lobby wasn't in working order and 2= I would have loved it more if the pool was an outside pool, The indoor pool area was clean, cool and no chlorine odor :).

The staff was terrific. I must give a special thumbs up to one of the Check-In representatives in particular - Jamie...I had gotten so lost for over 2+ hours, thanks to my GPS and not listening to my own gut feelings. I had called the hotel a few times and got Jamie on the phone and she went above and beyond to assist me in finding my way to the hotel in a timely and safe fashion. I was in a bit of a frenzy. She showed concern for my safety and showed compassion. All the front desk staff were great!! I finally arrived at the hotel, however, unfortuately by time I did arrive, Jamie's shift had ended, so I never had a chance to thank her personally. Now to my pleasure and surprise Jamie was at the front desk when I went to check-out and I did have the pleasure after all before starting my almost 7-8 trip north back to NY to meet her. We hugged and I thanked her for everything. She is definitely an asset to the SpringHill Suites Richmond Northwest. I was blessed to have gotten her on the phone in the first place & to have had the chance to meet her. I even called her on Tues Aug 7th to let her know I had indeed had arrived home safely and with an easy trip. Thank you again Jamie :=) Sadly the pictures I tried uploading I could not get posted :=(

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Fairfax
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

The suite was perfect for my family of four. There were two queen beds and a fold out sofa bed. I also liked that the TV area was a bit separated from the sleeping area. My family members who wanted to sleep early weren't bothered by the TV. The bathroom/tub area was roomy. Everything appeared to be clean and new. It was in a good location close to restaurants. If you like Cracker Barrel, you will be thrilled to know that you can just walk to it as it's in front of the hotel. The breakfast buffet at the hotel was nice. They were very slow in setting it up, though. Instead of being ready by 7am on Sat, it was more like 7:30am. My husband wasn't happy that there was no real sugar for his coffee. Maybe they ran out. The food itself was good - eggs, sausage, bagels, fruit, waffles. Overall, we were very happy and would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to SpringHill Suites Richmond Northwest? Share your experiences!