“Good hotel if you don't mind the BRIGHT light shining through the windows.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Richmond Northwest

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #16 of 81 hotels in Richmond
Albany, NY
“Good hotel if you don't mind the BRIGHT light shining through the windows.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

Most everything was fine about this hotel except I had a horrible night sleep. Try need better room darkening blinds. I was in room 310. The light from the parking lot shines in really bad from the bottom of the curtains. When the sun rose it was even worse. After a long day of driving I was looking forward to a nice sleep. The light kept me up til 1:30 and woke me up at 6:00.

You could also hear people walking in the room above me and waiting for the elevator.

The place is extremely clean, decorated nicely, and the staff is friendly. I just have never stayed in a room so bright with moderate noise. I took a picture with the light shining through so you can see for yourself.

• Stayed August 2012

99 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Bayside, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Hello from Queens, NY. I recently drove down from NY to visit with a special friend who lives in the Lynchburg area. Came to this Hotel on Fri Aug 3 - Mon Aug 6. My stay at the hotel was wonderful. The room was clean and my request for extra pillows and towels were met. The hotel itself was clean all around. There were just 2 things I encountered that I would like to mention, 1= slow internet, the printer in lobby wasn't in working order and 2= I would have loved it more if the pool was an outside pool, The indoor pool area was clean, cool and no chlorine odor :).

The staff was terrific. I must give a special thumbs up to one of the Check-In representatives in particular - Jamie...I had gotten so lost for over 2+ hours, thanks to my GPS and not listening to my own gut feelings. I had called the hotel a few times and got Jamie on the phone and she went above and beyond to assist me in finding my way to the hotel in a timely and safe fashion. I was in a bit of a frenzy. She showed concern for my safety and showed compassion. All the front desk staff were great!! I finally arrived at the hotel, however, unfortuately by time I did arrive, Jamie's shift had ended, so I never had a chance to thank her personally. Now to my pleasure and surprise Jamie was at the front desk when I went to check-out and I did have the pleasure after all before starting my almost 7-8 trip north back to NY to meet her. We hugged and I thanked her for everything. She is definitely an asset to the SpringHill Suites Richmond Northwest. I was blessed to have gotten her on the phone in the first place & to have had the chance to meet her. I even called her on Tues Aug 7th to let her know I had indeed had arrived home safely and with an easy trip. Thank you again Jamie :=) Sadly the pictures I tried uploading I could not get posted :=(

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Fairfax
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

The suite was perfect for my family of four. There were two queen beds and a fold out sofa bed. I also liked that the TV area was a bit separated from the sleeping area. My family members who wanted to sleep early weren't bothered by the TV. The bathroom/tub area was roomy. Everything appeared to be clean and new. It was in a good location close to restaurants. If you like Cracker Barrel, you will be thrilled to know that you can just walk to it as it's in front of the hotel. The breakfast buffet at the hotel was nice. They were very slow in setting it up, though. Instead of being ready by 7am on Sat, it was more like 7:30am. My husband wasn't happy that there was no real sugar for his coffee. Maybe they ran out. The food itself was good - eggs, sausage, bagels, fruit, waffles. Overall, we were very happy and would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

We stayed just one night, but it was pleasant and comfortable. New hotel, friendly staff, quiet. We had a clean room and the pullout sofa was great for our kids. Included breakfast was ample and had a lot of variety and hot items like waffles and scrambled eggs -- more than you'd expect. Really worth coming here!

• Stayed July 2012
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

The hotel is rather new and everything is very clean. The suite is enough for a family of 3 using the pullout couch for the extra bed. The rates are very good and they do provide an indoor pool with a jacuzzi. The night we were there was a whole bunch of teenage soccer players. The only downside was that they took up the breakfast room. For the price you get a breakfast, you're in a very pretty area, and it is clean.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Farmville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

I found this to be a great hotel with very reasonable rates. The suite had much more space than the average hotel room. It was extremely clean, the bathroom was spotless, and the bed was beyond comfortable. Even though I saw lots of small children, I heard no noise in the suite at all. I was on the fourth floor and away from the elevators, and that may have made a difference. The breakfast was also quite good and offered a variety of food - eggs and sausage, waffles, cereal, bagels, etc. The desk clerks were very nice and welcoming as well. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Macon, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Had a trip for my high school reunion,and picked this for the indoor pool and Jacuzzi. First negative, Jacuzzi broken and not being repaired. Room was comfortable,slightly larger than a standard room,king bed, work desk with wired and wireless internet(free), clean large bathroom,but small 1 sink vanity. Small refrigerator,micro-zap, coffee maker. We sleep with a white noise machine whenever we travel. Still, at 5:45 the first morning,there is a resonating"thump-thump-thump" as person(s) overhead walk around their room. That night family with children running around overhead until 10PM,and awakened at 6:15 by same "thumping". If you plan to get up early anyway,don't worry too much,except it is a little disconcerting in the evening before bed to have the same "thumping" as people walk about above you. Otherwise, get a top floor room,or look elsewhere. Breakfast was ample and varied with fruit waffles eggs and sausage,yogurt,cereal,oatmeal juices,etc. I don't know what they can do to muffle the noise,but I wouldn't return or recommend because of the annoying noise---even over the white noise machine in the AM.

Room Tip: Unless you need to be up early,don't accept a room below the top floor,because of the noise fact...