“The staff made the difference” 4 of 5 stars

You added Hotel Clelia to your Saves list
Hotel Clelia
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Sindaco I 29, 90010 Sicily, Italy   |
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Ustica
“The staff made the difference”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011 via mobile

we recenrly stayed 4 nights in Clelia and the staff , Ester in particular were very friendly and helpful making the stay an enjoyable one.However the rooms were not of a 3star standard the carpet on the room floor didnt look particularly appealing and the shower room and room decor in need of serious updating. I think there are better accommodations to had on the island but overal the friendliness of the staff was excellent .

• Stayed September 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

We recently spent 2 nights at the Hotel Clelia in Ustica (Aug-11), and were thoroughly delighted with it. The rooms are clean, the restaurant is very good indeed and Antonina's home-made ice-cream the best we have ever tasted. (Ask for her pistaccio - wonderful!).
The staff were very wam and helpful too.
Probably the best hotel nthe island.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Queenstown, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

Just what you wantwhen you have been travelling for a while. friendly and helpful. Hot water in the shower, spotless clean rooms, and staff that care. Breakfast room overlooking the med with yummy apple cake

Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2010

This is a nice hotel in Ustica.

My only issue was that they tried to charge me their own rate for a room despite me booking it via booking.com at a separate price.

It literally took me to go through the Italian paperwork from booking.com highlighting the facts before they accepted the price.

Nice breakfast though.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Trapani, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

I have been at the Clelia Hotel with my partner for a weekend. We both are quite demanding clients when it comes to hotels and restaurants as we travel a lot. The Hotel Clelia staff offered us an excellent service: attention for the details, customer care, very clean and nice rooms, free shuttle to/from the port, great breakfast and restaurant.
If I should go to Ustica again I would definitely choose the Hotel Clelia again and I will recommend it to my friends.
If I should give some suggestions to the hotel staff, beyond all my compliments, I would suggest to remove the carpet from the rooms, to use double mattresses in the double rooms, and to open the windows during breakfast instead of using the air conditioning. However, as I wrote, they really know how to make their job, so the overall rating is excellent.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2008

We stayed at Hotiel Clelia for two nights on our honeymoon trip around Sicily. We really enjoyed our stay and had a great time exploring Ustica.

The hotel is just off the main square, and they turned up to pick us up from the port which was much appreciated.

The room was quite large, very clean and modern. The bed was really comfy, and the bathroom was clean adequate.

The breakfast was good, typical continental brekkie - breads, pastries, jam, cereal etc. It was served in the upstairs open air restaurant which was lovely.
There was also free internet for guests.

Only downside was that I used the phone to phone Palermo for about one minute, and they charged us 5 euros for the pleasure! Weren't happy about this, but as we don't speak Italian and they don't speak English there didn't seem to be much we could do about it.

• Liked — great location & relaxed atmosphere
  • Disliked — ridiculously high charges for my one minute local phone call
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Madrid
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2007

Very nice, clean and modern small hotel in the lovely Ustica Island. Fair prices also. Not one problem, not one complaint.
Every appliance worked fine: tv, air conditioning,...
Lovely bathroom.
Quiet place at night as it´s some meters away from the "main " street. Very nice and helping people at the reception desk.
Spectacular breakfast lounge in the third floor with magnificent views of the port and sea.
I would certainly go back to this hotel.
Thanks a lot.

Stayed July 2007

Been to Hotel Clelia? Share your experiences!