“The wrong hotel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Residence la Contessa

Save Saved
You added Residence la Contessa to your Saves list
Residence la Contessa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Capo Testa 30, 7028 Santa Teresa di Gallura, Sardinia, Italy   |
Kent, United Kingdom
“The wrong hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I booked an apartment at La Contessa with hotel.com. The photos of La Contessa on hotel.com were nothing like the place we stayed in. In fact we saw La Contessa a few streets away from where we were staying. I also received written confirmation that we would have an apartment with a balcony with a beach view. We had a dark, ground floor apartment in a side street which was sparsely furnished and poorly equipped in the kitchen.

I'm not sure who is responsible for the mis information - hotel.com or La Contessa.

Room Tip: I would advise a phone call to La Contessa to make sure you are given what you booked
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

41 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at La Contessa for 2 weeks in second half of September 2012. Three adults and two kids. We got the 2-bedroom apartment on the third floor. It was not a seaview type apartment, but the views were great and we could actually see the sea.
The apartment had a big living room, two fairly sized bedrooms, a kitchen, a bathroom,a big terrace, and a balcony. Everything was clean even though some furniture was rather old.
The beds were comfortable. We enjoyed eating at the terrace with the pine trees right next to it.
The location is convenient, close to the shops and the central square where would often be some entertainment at night. The beach is 7-10 minutes walk. The area is very quiet, we had no problems leaving the windows open at night.
A small grocery store is 100m from the hotel, and a big supermarket is 7 minutes walk on the main street.
Many thanks to the hosts, Massimo and Sara, who made our stay as comfortable as possible. All our requests were promptly addressed. Our luggage was delayed on our way to Sardinia, and Massimo helped a lot calling the airline for me. Even though WiFi at the reception worked fine, Massimo gave me his 3G modem so that I could use the Internet from my room.
Overall, I am very satisfied with the stay.

• Stayed September 2012
Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

This is my 2nd time staying at the La Contessa apartments and whilst we had a wonderful time (as we did the first time) there were a few things, which weren’t up to scratch.

1. Cleanliness. When we went the first time we had a wonderful (huge) two-bedroom apartment over looking the sea. It was so clean and pristine that it was a real joy to stay there. This time, we had a slightly smaller apartment (which was fine) but it wasn’t that clean. The net up at the balcony windows were stained, the shed thing out on the balcony had beer cans and rubbish stored in it, the pillows weren’t that savoury and it just looked a little more dirty than the first time.

2. The Balcony Door in the bedroom didn’t lock!! Ok so it didn’t lock, that’s fine we thought, we will just report it. I reported it to the guy who showed us to our apartment. He looked at it, gave me a bit of a dirty look then left, I assumed he would be back t fix it but nope, no one came back and no one said anything to us about it the rest of the holiday. I got the impression he thought I’d broken it. The shed door was also ripped off (we had terrible weather) so I reported that at the same time. I have to say, due to the bad weather we had very little sleep those days because of the wind BANGING the doors - ALL NIGHT.

3. Glasses and cups. We tried to bring glasses with us as last time around they didn’t have nice wine glasses and we didn’t want to drink our vino out of mugs again (easyjet put a stop to that with two glasses being broken in transit), this apartment had EVEN WORSE glasses and mugs. The 2 mugs that were there, one had a huge chip out of it, likewise with the glasses. We had to constantly look at the glass to make sure we didn’t slice our mouths open!!

That said, the people in the office were very pleasant, the beds were comfy and we had the most amazing view. I know it sounds like I’m really moaning and being negative but whilst I probably wouldn’t stay with them again, I have to say they are great value and Santa Teresa is a lovely place. Perhaps it’s just one of those apartments where a week is long enough.

I do have to also say that the service from Marcella was great, we arrived late and she sent someone to come and get us from the bus station. She was also very helpful when booking the apartment and made sure I had a great deal.

Room Tip: Contact Marcella!!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Geneva, Switzerland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2011 via mobile

The apartment we stayed in was nowhere near 3 stars as indicated on the website. Upon our arrival, the first thingni wanted to domis clean my hands, but surprise...there is no soap...and there was no toilet paper. Good luck to those who want to use wc after a day of traveling. One needs to go to supermarket first. The place was not clean. Noone came to clean it or change towels in one week we stayed. The mattress and pillows smelled. I guess they have never been cleaned. Really bad!

• Stayed April 2011
Geneva, Switzerland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2011 via mobile

• Stayed April 2011
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

Great place to stay. Affordable, about 500m to beach and near the old town square. This is not a party place, but if you're after some sun, amazing beaches, a good pizza and a cold beer STG is the place for you. La Contessa is a series of appartment buildings run by Mouro. He is very helpful. You are supposed to pay a bond but he didn't bother getting it from us. The appartments themselves are basic BUT they are clean, spacious, quiet and equiped with basic kitchen utensils. We had breakfast and the odd dinner in but ate out mostly. Parking out the front is not a hassle. We stayed for a week and I think it cost less that 500euro. I am totally chilled.

Would stay again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
bluemeany1982
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2008

We booked a holiday for three via lowcostbeds.com and expected to get a double room and a sofa bed. What we got was a double room, a twin room, a bunk bed room, two bathrooms, a living room and a kitchen. We also got the top floor apartment with the roof terrace, with all-day sunshine. The views from the bedroom were of the sea - it is about a five minute walk to Rena Bianca beach - and the views from the roof were of the town.

The apartment was clean, the owner was friendly and welcoming, and the location was excellent. It's a bit set aside from the main part of town but it's a gentle stroll to either the main piazza in one direction or the deli shops in the other. It is on a slight hill; would only be of concern to someone with poor mobility. There didn't seem to be a lift in the apartment complex, it was stairs only.

The bathrooms were great, a shower in one and bath in the other, only problem was the drains didn't work so well so shower tended to overflow a little but no real disruption.

I think we were lucky to get the top floor apartment, but the others seemed spacious too, each with a balcony, although some balconies may be obscured from sunshine a little bit by trees.

Although I travelled with two other adults I think this would be a good place to take children as there was plenty of room and good facilities.

The apartments also seem very secure against break-ins and were also for the most part quite cool which was a welcome respite as we had weather reaching 36 degrees C some days!

All in all, very well recommended.

• Liked — Location, cleanliness, spaciousness
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Residence la Contessa? Share your experiences!