“Utopia” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Forte Village Resort - Hotel Castello

You added Forte Village Resort - Hotel Castello to your Saves list
Forte Village Resort - Hotel Castello
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Loc. Forte Village | SS 195 Km 39.600, 09010 Santa Margherita di Pula, Pula, Sardinia, Italy   |
York
“Utopia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I had a wonderful stay at Forte Village. From our champagne reception with refreshing cold towels on arrival through to our expedient, hassle free checkout with amazing culinary, sporting and therapeutic experiences in-between I could not fault this luxury resort. I would recommend this resort to both families and couples.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Athens
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

a lovely resort, but just a little tired. needs a major refurbishment. The staff were lovely and some rooms are very basic and some very nice. Be very specific when you book as to what you want. We found the restaurants in the main square very difficult to get to and very expensive. in fact, everything in the village is very expensive. overall a really lovely resort and ideal for families

Room Tip: be specific and pay the extra for upgrages
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Staying at the Forte Village is like being cocooned in paradise. I spent a week here with my family to celebrate my dad's birthday. There is not a single improvement I could make or would want to make to this unique resort. Everywhere you look something beautiful catches your eye.
But just as impressive as the world-class facilities, and spectacular setting are the staff. They are tremendously attentive, intuitive and thoughtful and helped make my dad’s birthday a truly wonderful day from start to finish.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is the sixth time we have had a holiday at Forte Village as a family! The last time was 25years ago, when I was five, and we returned to celebrate my Dad's big birthday. We have so many special memories from visiting all those years ago, and we were not disappointed on returning. It was fantastic! Not only was the service superb, they all went above and beyond to make my Dad's birthday extra special! The hotel is beautiful ( it has an awesome spa with top class facilities) and the service is excellent from the moment you arrive till the moment you leave. I am very grateful to all at Forte Village for making this week one to remember!

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This is my second time at Hotel Castello, stunning place, excellent service and beautiful location. The room was big and comfortable, with a great terrace and fantastic view. It will be for sure a third time!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Just to give some credence my husband and I live in Manhattan, we travel all the time, and we have traveled to many different hotels and destinations. Forte Village is top notch. Given how big the whole area is, I had my doubts at first as to whether I will be just one of the numbers. I was quickly proven wrong.

Giuseppe, who was the manager at Beachcomber and Il Castello restaurant, welcomed us with open arms. He remembered my, my husbands and our little 10 months old baby's name and pretty much throughout the whole trip, everytime i ran into him and his team, they were so warm, and genuinely caring about our stay.

Ronaldo - anything we asked for - babysitter, car service, even raspberries! for our little girl, he would not hesitate a moment to help us out. and mind you, this is a very big place. He was amazing and he really went out of his way to have us see Sardinia. You go to Italy to enjoy the culture, but to me, it's to really feel the warmth and genuine hospitality of the Italian people. My baby that does not go to any strangers, had her arms open giggling, laughing in many of the hotel staff who just adored her from start to finish.

Food is amazing. I'm a New Yorker, and I also grew up in cosmopolitan cities in Asia and Middle East. Let me tell you. Forte Village goes out of their way to bring top top top notch cuisine to the guests and I will say that some of the meals we had were mindblowing.

Bottom line is, we're going to go back every year. It took us a long time to get there from New York, but we don't care. We genuinely adored the people we came to meet - Giuseppe, Enzo Fortunato and Ronaldo (Noemi and Angelica). Thank you for everything you did for us and we are now going to see you guys every year.

Josephine, Michael & Aemilia

Surrey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We spent half term at the Forte Village 2013. It was OK but most definitely not 5 star and not worth the money. There are many other better places to go. Average.

The beach is beautiful but small and sunbeds are crushed together so that it is unavoidable to be an unwitting part of other people's conversations. Not only that, but being interrupted every 15 minutes by the ever-present hawkers was really disconcerting.

The swimming pool at the Castello was small and crowded and again sitting so close to other people we had to listen to their conversations. The salt water pool with slides won't be to everyone's taste but we enjoyed it.

The children's activities are bit disappointing and no better than Butlins or Haven!!
There seems to be a crowd holidaying together at this place year-on-year. There is definitely something Emperor's New Clothes about the Forte Village.

Best things about the holiday were: the short flight from the UK, the food was plentiful and the staff were really friendly.

The whole place reminded me of a military camp (but less fun). Very hyped up and everything is branded, unfortunately so, where the small boxes of sweets spelling EVIL are concerned. In summary insular, overpriced, disappointing, average. The first time in ages I have been glad to come home after a holiday.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Forte Village Resort - Hotel Castello? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Forte Village Resort - Hotel Castello

Address: Loc. Forte Village | SS 195 Km 39.600, 09010 Santa Margherita di Pula, Pula, Sardinia, Italy
Location: Italy > Sardinia > Province of Cagliari > Pula > Santa Margherita di Pula
Beach Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#1 Romantic Hotel in Santa Margherita di Pula
#1 Luxury Hotel in Santa Margherita di Pula
#1 On the Beach Hotel in Santa Margherita di Pula
#2 Family Hotel in Santa Margherita di Pula
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$$
Hotel Class:5 star — Forte Village Resort - Hotel Castello 5*
Completely private and exclusive, the luxurious Castello guarantees absolute tranquillity just a few metres from the extraordinary Sardinian sea. The rooms and suites offer spectacular views from one of the most private corners of Forte Village. Furnished in typical Sardinian style, each superbly appointed room and suite overlooks the sea or pine forest from a balcony or terrace. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelClick, Venere, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Forte Village Resort - Hotel Castello reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Forte Village Resort - Hotel Castello Sardinia/Santa Margherita Di Pula, Italy

If you own or manage Forte Village Resort - Hotel Castello, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.