“Bad Service” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Johnson City
Birmingham, Alabama
“Bad Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I was on a business trip and I stayed six nights in the Best Western Johnson City TX. The walls were paper thin and I could hear every word that was said in the room next to me. The Breakfast was a joke and all of the food was gone before 7:00 AM on my second day. The Hotel would not and will not even give me a copy of my bill for my stay???? I have called the Best Western Corporate office three times for a copy of my bill for my expense report that has taken me over three hours.
My abvice to anyone is just stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Marble Falls TX or anywhere else !!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Best Western J, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Johnson City Inn, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
We do apologize for your experience here at our motel. We would also like to thank you for taking time to fill out this review. Our staff has been retrained and are monitored to make sure they will give guests the experience they deserve and expect when coming to our motel. And as far as the receipt not given to you...the reservation was make through a 3rd party site and you did pay them directly so we did not have one to give to you, for this we are sorry. Please do not let this experience drive you away from Best Westerns and we do hope you will give our motel another chance to give you a better stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Victoria, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We stayed here one night while visiting the Hill Country of Texas. Johnson City has fantastic Christmas lights, and I found this motel on the internet. It was a great value and the continental breakfast was well beyond "continental" with hot dishes along with the usual continental stuff. The staff we encountered were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Breakfast was good...eggs, waffles, sausage pattie, asstd breads, coffee too stout but the kitchen lady was a charm to talk to and helpful. Glad we checked in early because they had put us upstairs when we had requested a handicapped for 83yr old grandma so the desk staff changed us to down...THANK YOU! We usually don't stay in places where the doors lead to the outside and yes we could hear every walking upstairs and outside noise but overall it wasn't a bad hotel. Toilet too long to flush but never had to use the plunger they had next to toilet....Agree with another viewer the price was way too high for the condition and with that we should of have the Best Western Plus experience with that price but with only 3 hotels in Johnson City...I guess next time go to Fredericksburg or Marble Falls where more competition. Loved the towns Christmas display and lights. Overall, good experience

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Deer Park, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We rolled into the hotel around 5:00 pm after filling our bellies with life changing BBQ from Smitty's in Lockhart( different review). We checked in and went to our room and it was a smoking room. We cant stay in a smoking room because of my daughter's asthma. I called the front desk and not a problem, the front desk was wonderful and helpful and got us into a non smoking room.
The room was updated and clean. The front desk was great. We will be staying here again.

Room Tip: Make sure when you book, you book a non smoking room, if you want
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Monterey, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

While the friendliness of the staff made my stay more enjoyable, the room was not up to the usual standards for this price range, which is probably due to the lack of competition in the surrounding area. With taxes I paid nearly $100 a night, which is about what I would expect to pay for a Best Western Plus.

The furniture was a tad beat up, and although the room was clean, it was in dire need of an update. Unfortunately my business requires me to spend almost the entire day in my room, documenting my field surveys on the computer, so the quality of the room, or lack of it can be a major distraction.

The free breakfast was limited in comparison to most other Best Westerns, and I was somewhat shocked to see that their bananas were over ripe and brown. I stayed there three nights and the breakfast never changed. Biscuits and gravy, waffles, and the same scrambled egg mixture of eggs and sausage, which was tasty while lacking in variety were the daily offerings. Cereal and mini pastries were also available.

All in all an average motel at an above average price.

Room Tip: Keep you door closed or you will be entertaining a multitude of flies.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
SARASOTA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Driving thru Texas can be long and boring. We were on our way back to Florida when we stopped in Johnson City to refuel. Asking the service station manager if he knew of any motels in the area he immediately suggested the Best Western. The young lady at reception was a gem to talk with, helpful & accommodating. She told us of the football game, high school, going on that night and gave us directions in case we might be interested in going. She explained that the next day would be a pig roast/fund raiser and invited us to join in. Unfortunately we couldn't stay.
The room was clean, didn't smell of smoke, & had a refrigerator & microwave in it. It appears as though they may be in the process of upgrading their rooms. The breakfast the next morning was nice with eggs as well as the perfunctory sausage gravy & biscuits. An interesting and different touch was the waffle iron was in the shape of Texas.
I used a gift prepaid card to pay for part of the tariff and there was some confusion as to how to handle that but was settled without any problem. I think the confusion was due to the fact that reception had never had dealt with that issue before.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

This is a clean, well-run establishment.
I had booked through their web site and I was checked in about 45 seconds after arriving.
The air-con worked well (an essential as it was 95F mid-afternoon).
On the drive from Dallas I had stopped for lunch at the Salt Lick BBQ at Dripping Springs so on arrival at Johnson City the first thing I needed was a nap to help digest the excellent lunch.
The Best Western is on one of the main roads through the town but is set well back from the road and I wasn’t disturbed by any noise.
Most of the other guests were, from their vehicles, working locally, and they were up and gone long before I was awake the next morning.

Room Tip: rooms at the back will be quieter. if you have a lot of luggage then get a ground floor room to av...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to BEST WESTERN Johnson City Inn? Share your experiences!