Hotel Arenthena is situated on the outskirts of small artists village San Pantaleo with wonderful mountain views and 5 minutes stole to square which comes alive in evenings with gallery's, antiquity shops and activities in square. San Pantaleo is 10 minutes drive from beach or marina- so car hire is essential - although hotel offer twice daily trip to local beach.
The Hotel is not luxurious but has a wonderful warm feel, amazing food in Restaurant - worth booking half board and rooms are spotless (witnessed cleaner scrubbing steps to our room).
The superior rooms have a balcony or terrace mostly and are worth booking. Most rooms have
large stepin/walk in showers. The rooms are more basic but have everything you need air-con,
fridge, coffee/tea facilities.
The pool area has wonderful views of valley and although small does not seem to get over crowded (at least in early July). Could do with some new lounger cushions and maybe a few
permanent sun brolleys for shade - although can sometimes be windy.
The breakfast is served on the outside terrace in summer and has an excellent selection of
cereal, fruit, yoghurts, bread, croissant's, ham, cheese, eggs. Only down is fruit juice machine
which is not good (but seen elsewhere on island)
If you book half-board (which I beleive you can add as an extra on arrival) you are asked
to choose your menu at breakfast - there is a good choose 3 starters, 3/4 pasta/soup, 3 main
and 1 sweet. Vegetarians are catered for in menu. This means everything is cooked fresh and
mostly locally sourced.
Only downside is there is at present no WIFI - this apparently is due to cabling within area.
This hotel deserves more reviews.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Arathena, a small charming 4 star hotel, is the ideal retreat for relaxing holidays in Sardinia. Its architecture, warm and traditional at the same time, reminds of an ancient “borgo” built following the natural development of the ground.The beautiful mountains of San Pantaleo are the frame of this charming hotel in Sardinia to which they give a magic atmosphere that guarantee to all the clients the peace and relax that they expect during a unique holiday in Sardinia.The beautiful mountains of San Pantaleo in Gallura form the backdrop to this charming hotel in Sardinia, giving him a magical atmosphere that guarantees tranquility and relaxation for your holiday in Sardinia. Our 4 stars hotel in San Pantaleo is recommended for those who want a holiday in Sardinia of tranquility, nature, good food and the warmth of the Sardinian hospitality.The hotel Arathena in San Pantaleo is recommended to those who wants an holiday in Sardinia characterised from a deep contact with nature and good Italian food, all enriched from the well-known Sardinian hospitality. Also the beach lovers will find at the hotel Arathena their home away from home. Thanks to its location in fact, the hotel Arathena remains only a few minutes drive from the best beaches in Costa Smeralda. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Arathena reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arathena Hotel San Pantaleo
- Hotel Arathena San Pantaleo, Sardinia, Italy