6-night stay - So-so/overpriced hotel let down by service. Main building better than the small house/room - well decorated but very precious and in the evening dominated by non-resident visitors using the restaurant.
- Not inexpensive room dominated by car park ... and presumably with a wasp nest somewhere nearby - they were everywhere and constant.
- Maintenance due - mouldy shower tray, safe not secured to anything ... you could have picked it up and just walked off with it!
- Staff (with just a very few notable exceptions) unfriendly, unapproachable and clock-watching ... rarely ever a smile!
- When booking (months in advance) hotel asked whether we'd like to dine in restaurant on our first night - a nice touch. Despite confirming reservation when we checked in, when went to eat there was no table ... so we ended up sitting inside in dining room alone, while all other guests (mainly not staying at hotel) enjoyed a beautiful/expensive terrace dinner. No apology or explanation.
- Never ate in restaurant again (for obvious reasons) but did try to have a nightcap at bar on a number of evenings. One time we were ignored by staff (hanging around seemingly trying not to see us) for over 20 minutes, so just left. On another occasion we were charmlessly told on-arrival that we needed to leave in 53 minutes, when the bar closed. How precise and welcoming!
- Similar experiences for breakfast. Food good enough but the service not ... seemingly needed to find someone to ask for each cup of coffee as the staff appeared to see/hear/think nothing - on one occassion I got up and took my cup over to them - seemed the only way! One thing staff were very efficient at was making you leave - about a minute after the official end of breakfast service the place was cleared - more what you'd expect from an upscale boarding school than high-end hotel you can enjoy a relaxing break in.
- Similar experience for late lunch. Had to find someone to ask for a menu/order, then food delivered with no condiments so had to find someone to ask for them (as first waiter vanished), then had to find someone else to ask for the cheque. Discrete service is one thing, but this was virtually non-existent.
Poor service is rarely OK, but particularly not at these prices. Felt we gave it enough chances to prove it was not just one or two isolated experiences.
Did not enjoy our stay, which was luckily offset by the next hotel we went on to ... relaxed, friendly, attentive - better for us in every way and far less expensive. The most relaxed people in this place were the staff?!
- Also Known As:
- Petra Segreta Hotel San Pantaleo
- Petra Segreta Resort And Spa
- Petra Segreta Hotel
- Petra Segreta Resort & Spa San Pantaleo, Sardinia, Italy
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a five-hectare forest of rare beauty with a spectacular view over the Emerald Coast, the 4-star superior hotel Petra Segreta Resort & SPA in Sardinia welcomes its guests with 15 luxurious rooms, an elegant wellness centre, a restaurant with outdoor veranda, open-air swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Venere, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Splendia, Fastbooking, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Escapio so you can book your Petra Segreta Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.