“Missing only one thing...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Lowell
Ottawa
“Missing only one thing...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

My family and I travel from Ottawa, Canada to Boston 2-3 times a year and we usually stay at the Courtyard Boston Lowell/Chelmsford. We love the Hotel and the value received. The outside appearance, the fact that it is in an out-of-the-way location, the floor layout, the rooms themselves, the pool area, and the relaxed atmosphere that abounds. We especially enjoy the mornings and the buffet breakfast. The Front Desk staff are always positive, friendly outgoing and helpful.

With all this said, I do have 2 minor complaints. During weekend stays the hallways are still too noisy after 11pm with kids running around and even adults should know by now to use their "indoor voices". But what bothers us the most is the TV channel service is severely lacking. There are not a lot of choices on the dial and this past weekend we stayed here as we were attending the Bruins playoff game. Absolutely zero hockey coverage available (no NHL channel yet you have the NFL channel), no NBC Sports channel yet multiple ESPN (the Basketball channel) stations. Sat night we wanted to watch the hockey game but we were forced to leave and drive to a sports bar.

Now, maybe this seems like a small thing yet, in the past we have stayed in other Boston area hotels where the TV contained a complete selection of channels to suit everyone's needs. I realize we are only one customer but I must admit, this can be very frustrating during our stay, so I wanted to share this with you. Would it be so hard to have the NHL and NBC Sports channels as part of your TV cable package?

Room Tip: High floor, corner suites, away from the middle where the floors join.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael L, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Lowell/Chelmsford, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Good afternoon,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay here at the Lowell Courtyard by Marriott during this year’s trip from Ottawa to Boston. After reviewing your above comments I felt the need to reach out to you. I would like to sincerely apologize for the restless night you had during your stay with us. I can imagine how frustrating it must have been to not have a restful night only to continue driving north for such a long period of time. We strive to ensure all guests have an enjoyable stay with us and I am very sorry this was not the case.

Thank you for your insight with regards to what channels you would have liked to have seen while staying with us. I have reached out to our service provided and asked about the NBC Sports/NHL channels. We are constantly trying to enhance our guests stay and your feedback allows me to do just that.

When your schedule permits, I would ask that you reach out to me personally so that I can resolve your disappointments to your fullest satisfaction.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us while traveling through the area.

68 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Gibbsboro, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Stay on the top 3rd floor because it sounds like people walking on the roof all night. This place was not built well. Convenient location. But breakfast was subpar. Eggs were dry and bacon soggy. The sausage was very unappetizing. Probably won't go back. People and service was good. Room was clean. Nothing special here.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Michael L, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Lowell/Chelmsford, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay here at the Lowell Courtyard by Marriott while visiting the Lowell area. I would like to sincerely apologize for the unpleasant breakfast you had while staying with us. I can understand your disappointment and frustration with enduring subpar food. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. This is why we have recently changed both our bacon and sausage items on the buffet. This is in addition to eggs to order and omelets to order should you prefer those items.

I would be more than happy to discuss this incident further with you should you have the time. Please feel free to contact me directly so I can resolve this to your full satisfaction.

Thank you again for staying with us and for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott while visiting the area.
Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

This property is your standard Courtyard and it lives up to the Marriott standards. Clean rooms, nice décor. Our room had a small refrigerator and microwave.

Parking is plentiful and convenient. Breakfast is not included (standard for most Courtyards).

I had called the hotel a few days prior to arrival to ask questions about the type of cribs they had. They use a Pack and Play and I asked for one to be in the room. Upon checking in, the desk manager told me the Pack and Play was in the room. It's always great when things go the way one hoped. Also the Pack and Play was easy to fold up and take with us when we visited relatives and to re-setup when we returned to the hotel.

One thing to be aware of is that Lowell/Chelmsford has too few hotel rooms...and it is a popular city for hockey. Weekend tournaments attract teams to this property (we had one with its own team bus the weekend we stayed). When the adults don't supervise the team members at the hotel, it can be a nightmare....if you can get to sleep to have the nightmare in the first place.

Room Tip: Be sure to pull the side and back doors closed all the way. We saw some sketchy people parked in th...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Michael L, Manager at Courtyard Boston Lowell/Chelmsford, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
I would like to thank you for choosing to stay here at the Lowell Courtyard by Marriott while visiting the Lowell area. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for the kind words regarding your stay with us. We strive to honor all our guests’ requests and ensure they have a great stay. I am glad this was the case for you and your family.

My associates and I look forward to seeing you and your family again in the future. If there is anything we can do for your next stay, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Thank you for choosing the Lowell Courtyard by Marriott.
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I got this room for a business trip to Lowell. Reservations and check-in went smoothly. In-room Wifi was free and good. The room was updated and in good shape, with a fridge, single-cup coffee, and decent desk for working. Seems like breakfast should be included, but being on a business trip, my expenses are reimbursed, so who cares?
My first room was across from the ice maker, which was about as loud as a jet taking off. I complained, and luckily they had extra rooms, so they moved me to a quiet room on the other wing. The new room was quiet and I had a great sleep.

Room Tip: Suggest upper floors, far away from the ice making machine.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Michael L, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Lowell/Chelmsford, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
I would like to thank you for choosing to stay here at the Lowell Courtyard by Marriott while visiting the Lowell area. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for your review on this site. We are constantly striving to enhance our guests stay and your valuable insight allows us to do just that. I would like to sincerely apologize for the loud ice machine you endured upon check-in. I will be looking into this further to try and find a solution to this issue. I am glad we were able to provide you a different room in which you enjoyed during the rest of your stay.
Thank you again for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon when your travels return you to the Lowell area.
Blackwood, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I recently had to make a business trip to downtown Lowell Ma. The Courtyard was clean, quiet, and the bed was comfortable. They had HDTV 42” flat screen TV’s. Breakfast was ~$10. and was a hot buffet. If you are looking for a nice place to stay while visiting Lowell, I recommend this Courtyard. If I ever visit Lowell again I will stay here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
jjlalumi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Like most Courtyard hotels this location is clean, comfy, and conveniently located. We rented two rooms and as always the rooms were clean and orderly.
The outliers for this location were the following:
Firstly, there was an enormous amount of goose/duck droppings on the sidewalks and walkways at this hotel making the walk from the parking lot to the hotel entrance a tricky one. It may seem odd to mention, but was a noteworthy problem.
Secondly, the elevators were out for repair/replacement. Normally that would not have been an issue, but we were traveling with people who had slight disabilities making taking the stairs a bit of a challenge. Luckily we were on the second floor.
Lastly, the staff at this location was amazing. Kind, friendly, helpful, accommodating, etc…from the time that we got there until we left we were very well taken care of. They went above and beyond to help us with our rooms, luggage, dining options, questions, you name it. Hats off and five stars for sure!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Redmond, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

The hotel is on a quiet street near Lowell, but also isolated without any walking-distance restaurants. There are a number of choices within a few minutes by car. On-site dining is breakfast only. No bar, but the front desk will sell you a bottle of wine or bottle of macro beer.

The room was spacious and quiet. However the bathroom floor was dirty (grout between tiles) and the bed had medium-depth craters. I was able to find a flat spot in the middle of the king bed.

Think that I will be staying here again, but because it's the only Marriott property in Lowell. Or I might hop brands...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard Boston Lowell/Chelmsford? Share your experiences!