“This restaurant should be called "Hell" not Paradise!” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #90 of 240 restaurants in Lowell
Cuisines: Indian
Boston, Massachusetts
“This restaurant should be called "Hell" not Paradise!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

OMG, this place was 1) Dirty. Tables dirty, the glass of the door you walk in was filthy, and there were flies everywhere - we only stayed because we were starving
2) It is self service but the food took almost 1 hour to come out - are you kidding me?? 3) The furniture was all beat up, the back of the booth we were in was literally rocking back and forth like it was about to fall over. The paint is scratched and coming off the walls - a dump.
4) the food was AWFUL! I love Indian food, and this food was terrible! The onion bahji were soggy and over fried, the paneer dish was so oily there was like an oil slick on top of the food, the dahl was super spicy (like burn a hole in your stomach spicy!) and it was expensive! It was $50 for 2 people - for achingly slow service and horrible food? REALLY??
The only reason we ended up here was because my favorite Indian restaurant in the area Udipi Bhavan was closed - now I (and my stomach) regret ever walking into "Paradise" STAY AWAY!!!!

I would give it negative stars if at all possible

• Visited October 2012