“What a gem!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 38 things to do in Lowell
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Activities: Group tours/walking tour
More attraction details
Owner description: This park commemorates Lowell's integral part in America's Industrial Revolution.
Wilmington, Vermont
5 attraction reviews
“What a gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I recommend this to anyone who has kids age 10 and up. There is so much to see and do, but I think it helps to be old enough to understand and appreciate what took place there. Our 10 yo had a great time, learned a lot, and would totally do it again to more of the places there. We did the visitor center (get the jr ranger book for kids), the Mill Girls Boarding House, the Boott Textile Museum, and a canal tour. They were all wonderful, had interactive exhibits, working machinery, and the canal tour takes you through a lock which is really amazing (the 10 yo thought it was the coolest).I am sorry we did not stay the night because we would love to have seen the American Textile History Museum, taken a trolley tour, and tried to do one of the tours where you get to see more of the workings of the canals and turbines. I hope we will be able to fit a return trip in this fall. It is about 2 hours away so we arrived at just after 10am and finished at 5pm.

Visited July 2013

Lowell
8 attraction reviews
“Canal Tours”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I'm a Lowell native and I didn't take this tour until a couple of years ago while entertaining an out of town guest. I want to take everyone I know on it now! Our guide was not too keen on us (she must have been one of the stricter ones and we were just having a good time) which is why I gave it 4 instead of 5. I'm sure some of the guides are great though! Cheap and really educational - plus it's so nice to see Lowell from a boat!

Visited August 2012
Boston
“Industrial history tours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Anyone who likes industrial history will marvel at was accomplished in the mid 19 th century. Take the boat and trolley tour through the city to visit the industrial past.

Visited June 2013
6 attraction reviews
“Lowell Folk Festival”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Have a great family day. Eat from a wide variety of menus. Hear great acoustic music. Unwind. This is an annual event late July and gets better each year.

Visited July 2013
Amherst, New Hampshire
“Lowel Historical Park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Great place to visit and learn about the Industrial Revolution and our textile heritage. Films, demonstrations, pictures artifacts and a working mill from the 19th century.

Visited August 2012

Been to Lowell National Historical Park? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Lowell National Historical Park, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.