“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Cambridge
Jacksonville, Florida
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

Mirela and Natalia were fantastic helping us with our check in! We are in town for a bachelor party and they were unbelievable accommodating. They were able to check us in early and upgrade us to a bigger room! I am a platinum marriott member and I definitely know good customer service when I see it. They were amazing and I will definitely stay here again because of them. Thanks ladies!!

Evan

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
RI-Cambridge-GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Cambridge, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear Evan E,

Thank you for recently staying with us, and especially for posting the glowing comments about Mirela and Natalia. I will be certain to recognize them at our next all associate meeting to highlight the importance of providing great service.

As a Platinum Elite member with Marriott, I can imagine how many nights per year are spent in a Marriott Hotel. Thanks for your continued loyalty. I’m glad we were able to offer an upgrade to make your stay more enjoyable. If you find yourself returning to the area, I’m sure that either Mirela or Natalia would be glad to assist with your reservations.

Kind regards,

John Wilmoth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Parlin, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

The hotel remodeling is a breath of fresh air. The rooms are bright, very modern and comforting. The staff at this hotel are a pleasure to talk to every day. They are certainly a good reason to stay. As always, Lorraine was especially helpful during my stay with everything I needed.

• Stayed March 2014
RI-Cambridge-GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Cambridge, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear RacingsMe,

Thank you very much for staying and for taking the time to post your comments about your stay at our Hotel. I am so glad that you have been able to enjoy the renovations that we recently completed. The new décor in the rooms has been very well received!

I am especially grateful that you provided more great feedback about Lorraine. She is a seasoned professional and the Hotel and our guests are fortunate for her hospitality and local area knowledge. I will be certain to recognize her at our next all associate meeting.

If your travel plans bring you to the area, I hope you will consider our Hotel again.

Warm regards,

Helena, Mt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Facility
3 elevators, so quick access to rooms. Rooms were typical Residence Inn quality, although the general physical condition of the hotel and room seemed slightly worn out. The bedding seemed new and was excellent. The two 46” (?) TVs were nice. I used the hot tub, but not the pool or exercise room; pool temperature was very warm, which would’ve been nice. Two free business computers were in the lobby, but I didn't use them as I had my own computer; the free wi-fi worked adequately.
Location
I was in Boston for a conference downtown, but it was easy to travel between locations by subway. Walk through the big Marriott next to subway and very quick and safe walk of only three blocks to the hotel. It was rainy and cold so I didn’t explore the surrounding area, but it seemed safe for walking.
Breakfast / Evening Reception
Excellent breakfast selection and quality. Very good evening reception selection and quality; hamburgers (veggie & regular) the evening I was there. Kitchen staff did an excellent job keeping items stocked. Very nice and spacious eating area for breakfast and evening reception.
Staff
Front desk staff were professional and cordial.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I stayed for a six weeks, business trip. I was impressed by the consistency of good service. I travel a lot and have rarely stayed at a place with such a friendly staff. Breakfast, front desk, housekeeping, management. Whoever I met!
To keep up this high quality of service over such a long time is outstandig.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Great hotel for a family reunion! Very helpful staff made our stay welcoming and fun. The rooms with two beds were great for gatherings, and the seating in these suites very comfortable. Will be back!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

We've stayed at the Residence Inn Boston Cambridge several times over the years, especially when visiting MIT or other parts of Cambridge (MA). We like the location close to the T station. Several food outlets are in close proximity.
This time we were given a room on the top floor (Level 12) and it was clean, comfortable and quiet. The carpets and several other furnishings were new, although not the refrigerator and other appliances. We noticed much of Levels 2 & 3 were under heavy renovation. We were told by the workmen that they had replaced the carpets, sofas, etc. on most of the floors and were nearly done. The result is that the rooms are now pretty nice compared to our last visit a couple of years ago.
As is typical of Residence Inns, you get complimentary breakfast and "happy hour" with the room rate, along with free WiFi. We found the prices reasonable though by no means inexpensive (we also stayed at a couple of other hotels on this trip and thought we actually got a better rate at a downtown hotel than the Residence Inn Boston Cambridge. That said we have no complaints about our stay and will definitely be back the next time we're in Cambridge, MA.
Finally, our favorite feature of the hotel is the guest laundry room on Level 2, with ample washers and dryers. It is clean, convenient and really useful when you're visiting Boston in the middle of winter.

Room Tip: High floor away from traffic noise.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
RI-Cambridge-GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Cambridge, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear kwanghui,

Thank you for being a loyal and repeat guest. I certainly appreciate your taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. I am very glad that you were able to stay in one of our newly renovated rooms. The entire Hotel has been completed!

It is interesting that you note the appliances. I have just received approval to purchase some new appliances this year. This gives the Hotel an opportunity to evaluate any of our refrigerators and dishwashers that are not operating efficiently and replace them during the next few months. We also have several other investment projects planned this year to truly enhance the guest experience, including new beds throughout the entire Property. I look forward to you returning to enjoy our new rooms.

Thank you for the other feedback about the rest of the Hotel. I will be certain to share your comments with our staff at our daily meeting.

With kind regards,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

This hotel was nice. Room was refurbished nice kitchen area and fridge. Very clean. Had a corner room 1 bedroom suite. high floor 12th floor. Comp Breakfast was nice. Only complaint it goes to only 10am on weekends. Close to Kendal Square Red Line T

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn Boston Cambridge? Share your experiences!