“Friendly, Accommodating Staff- Nice Room, Too!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Cambridge
Wiesbaden, Germany
“Friendly, Accommodating Staff- Nice Room, Too!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I left for Cambridge with a one night reservation due to high demand. The staff at this hotel were able to accommodate me for my full three nights, so right there they get an A+ from me. The woman working at the front desk at around 3:00 on the 4th of October deserves a special thanks! Check-in was speedy. The room they gave me, 217 was clean with lots of natural light. Everything was as it should be. I like the kitchen and living area. The bed was comfortable. Toiletries were good quality and plentiful. The only suggestion I have is to re-caulk the tub as it is discolored and unattractive.

Breakfast had good variety, although it did not change from day to day. I was jet-lagged and up very early. There was no crowd, although it does get busier later.

There were two lobby computers available.

Although the hotel was full, the elevators worked quickly and there was never much wait at all.

The spa/excercise area were quite nice and well maintained.

The location is great- just around the corner from the Kendall T stop. I will make a point of staying here again.

Room Tip: If you like the smell of coffee, ask for a lower floor above the Starbucks. 217 had a heavenly arom...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
RI-Cambridge-GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Cambridge, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Rhine-and-Roses,

Thank you for choosing our Hotel during your short visit to the Boston area, and especially for recognizing the staff. Providing detailed information about your day and time of arrival will allow me to recognize this Front Desk associate!

I’m pleased that you found the Hotel to be clean and comfortable, and it sounds as if you were able to enjoy some of the amenities such as the complimentary hot breakfast buffet and the lobby computers.

I did see your note about the caulking in the bathtub, and have already asked our Engineering Supervisor to address this issue promptly tomorrow morning.

Thanks for taking the time to highlight your visit on TripAdvisor. If you find yourself in the area again, please feel free to contact me directly to assist with reservations.

Kind regards,

John Wilmoth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Saratoga, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I had a wonderful stay at this hotel with my two girls in late September. It was a very busy week and all the hotels were full. My girls are very light sleeper and I was concerned with the construction noise next door. I called and asked the manager Mr. John Wilmoth questions about construction noise, he explained to me the construction starting time, what possible noise to expect, and which side of the hotel is quiet...etc. I was very impressed with his professional attitude. He didn't have to do this knowing all the nearby hotels were booked, but he made me feel that Marriott really cared about each and everyone of their customer, he even offered a rollaway so my girls could sleep on their own bed. He is an asset to Marriott and deserves the golden award to superior customer service. Thank you John!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Rockville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stayed here for 5 days in late September and had a great experience. Free breakfast, free wireless internet, no complaints! There is a T line within 5 minutes and downtown Boston is 3 stops away; Harvard is 2. No complaints at all! Add in the full sized fridge, stove top, and microwave and you're in for a great stay!

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of the hall, away from the elevator are very quiet!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at the Residence Inn Boston Camridge last week end on our first visit to the Boston Cambridge area and we were very we shows this place. Staff was very helpful, room was comfortable, and breakfast selection was very good. Also the hotel was 1 and 1/2 block from the T station, very good access to Boston.

Raleigh, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I normally stay at the Marriott a few doors down, but always looking for something new, I decided to try the Residence Inn. Lorraine checked me in, and as others have mentioned, she is so nice. The room was large, bed was comfortable (I love that they don't have the thick down comforters on the bed) and I didn't hear everyone walking by at all hours of the night. The quick bite for dinner on Tues-Thurs was a nice surprise. Since it is right across the street from my company, I will certainly be staying here from now on.

Room Tip: Right now, there is construction going on nearby, so be sure to ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

As a Platinum Elite Member, I stay at Marriott properties often and I must say that I am pleased with the service I received when I stayed at the Residence Inn in Cambridge. The staff was friendly and provided great service, especially Lorraine at the front desk. She assisted me throughout my check in process and provided me with unique experiences during my trip to Cambridge as well as great recommendations for restaurants and such. While I figured my stay would be average, my stay was great because of Lorraine and the other courteous staff of the property.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
RI-Cambridge-GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Cambridge, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear Chris W,

Thank you for choosing our Residence Inn during your recent trip to the Boston/Cambridge area. As you have achieved the highest level of our frequent traveler program, I greatly appreciate your feedback about the excellent service that Lorraine provided during your stay. Traveling as much as you do, your comments are especially welcomed, and I will be certain to recognize her at tomorrow’s all associate meeting.

Thank you again for your continued loyalty.

Best regards,

John Wilmoth
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I always choose Residence Inns because of the extra space in the rooms and free breakfast but this Residence Inn went the extra mile. We checked in at about 9:30am and immediately got our room which was unexpected but very welcome after being up since about 3:30am. We only stayed two nights but the location was perfect (5 minute walk to the T), and it was everything we needed. A small benefit but one to be noted: When I stay in a hotel with a pull out couch, usually they'll fold the bed back in after making it. At this hotel they neatly made the bed and left it out. It was great that my travelling companion was able to just crawl back into bed after a long day out on the town.

Room Tip: Get a AAA card, it literally has saved me hundreds of dollars.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Residence Inn Boston Cambridge? Share your experiences!