“Modern and clean” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Cambridge
San Francisco, California
“Modern and clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Overall the room was nice and clean. Only complaint is that there were no electric outlets by my bed and my view was not the best from my room. The staff were friendly and helpful. Hotel is located right across the street from a mall. I would stay again.

• Stayed June 2014
RoyalSonesta, Manager at Royal Sonesta Boston, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to review your stay at the Royal Sonesta Boston! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to having you in the next time you are in the Boston area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Vernon, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I was booked here for business. If the conference I am attending is held here next year, I will stay somewhere else. The room is very small for the price. The best part of the room was how comfortable the bed was. The toilet was crooked and the area so small, I had to remove the toilet paper from the wall holder just to sit down. The water pressure was lacking and a packet of cotton swabs and cotton balls was already open. Robes were provided, but only in size L. As low as I turned the AC, the room never got below 74. For how small it was, the room should have been a fridge. There was a gap of time where no one was at the front desk to transfer a call to my room or answer my room phone. The decor is modern and probably considered European, but it wasn't relaxing in the color or angles. Bottled water is offered for $4 a bottle, but it isn't cold. There is a mini bar fridge, but not cold enough for food as stated on the outside. I will say the staff was pleasant and always greeted me by name. Breakfast in the room was very good and well priced for the portions. The wireless is free and worked fine. I just wasn't impressed with the place and won't stay here by choice. A suite at the Radisson in RI is bigger, cheaper, and more comfortable.

Room Tip: I was in a room at the end of the hall on the 8th floor. A co-worker was on the 10th floor in the m...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
RoyalSonesta, Manager at Royal Sonesta Boston, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Royal Sonesta Boston. We're sorry that your stay was not very enjoyable. If you have a moment, please email me your reservation details to mmalloy@sonesta.com so that we can follow up on the issues you experienced with your room.
We realize you may not choose to stay with us again, but if you do please feel free to let us know of any issues you experience while you are here so that we can fix them and make your stay more comfortable.
Adana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

I am staying Sonesta since 3 days. I Will leave Two days later june19. I reserved with booking.com 11 months ago. I mailed to hotel arrival time before 5 days ago. Unfortunately when I come to Sonesta that check-in took 40 minutes. When I check my credit card spend later that it was surprised for me. They charged deposite 75 dollars per day. 5 days deposit 375 dollars.Also they charged 5 days staying charged. Usually I travel 9 times per a year. I saw first time like this situation. I objected but Sonesta reception manager Maya did not accepted. Then I did not connected wifi 2 days at room. They solved this problem later that I helped them.I said Maya which may be wrong last name is entered to system. She entered my last name truly the computer then problem is solved. Connection of staff with each other is not good my opinion. I thank you Jemail give nice room and Maya solve this wifi problem. Last comment that Hotel is nice located but very bad managed.

Stayed June 2014
RoyalSonesta, Manager at Royal Sonesta Boston, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Thank you for your review. We are so sorry to hear that some of your experience at our hotel has been negative, and we have forwarded your feedback to our team for follow up. If there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable, please contact me at mmalloy@sonesta.com.
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I was only here for one night but it seem to be a very nice place with a very friendly staff. The dinner I had at the bar was good. The room was clean, smelled nice and had a decent view. I wish the pool had been open later as my flight arrived pretty late, everything was closed. At least I could get some food from vending.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay. We always appreciate hearing from our guests. We will certainly take into account your review and will forward it to our team for consideration for the future. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
South Royalton, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Friendly staff, great rooms, the kids loved it, and a beautiful section of the greater Boston area. Short walk to the Science Park T-stop for getting around Boston. This has become our go to hotel for Boston.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

We love being your go-to hotel for Boston! Thanks for taking the time to post a review. We hope you will visit soon!
Christiansted
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Great location with lots of amenities and views. If you want to stay in Boston without the congestion of downtown, yet still be near everything, this is the place. On the river, free bikes, great places to eat, good shopping across the street....just wow

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

Thanks for your review of your stay at the Royal Sonesta Boston! We are so glad you enjoyed our location; it is a little oasis in the bustling city! We appreciate your feedback and hope to have you stay with us again soon.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Our non profit organization held at event at the Sonesta in April of 2014. We were in touch with Sonesta Event Staff for several months prior to the event and had a wonderful experience working with Jim Anello. Jim was beyond accommodating and answered all of our questions. The night-of staff was equally wonderful--they truly made it a special night for our guests. The Staff was efficient, professional, and very friendly. I would certainly recommend the Sonesta for those looking for event space. The facilities are very unique and well-suited to events.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
RoyalSonesta, Manager at Royal Sonesta Boston, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your Royal Sonesta Boston experience with the Tripadvisor community! We love having events at the hotel, and we are so glad that you were pleased with how your event went. We hope to have you back in again next time you are planning an event for your organization!

Been to Royal Sonesta Boston? Share your experiences!