“I expect more from a full-service Marriott” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Boston Marriott Cambridge

You added Boston Marriott Cambridge to your Saves list
Boston Marriott Cambridge
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Two Cambridge Center, 50 Broadway, (Broadway & 3rd Street), Cambridge, MA 02142   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Cambridge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Boston, Massachusetts
“I expect more from a full-service Marriott”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

And I expect more for the money, even in Cambridge/Boston. Look folks: It's the off-season, so I'm quite sure Marriott values (at least theoretically) customers at this time. So why couldn't I get the temperature in the room to change no matter what setting I entered into the thermostat? Shower head was about 5'7", which meant I had to go through some contortions to wash my hair. The bed was less than comfortable, but the place was quiet and I was tired. Concierge level food was pretty decent and I really think that the concierge attendant, all by himself, kept this from being a two-star review. I have stayed in full-service Marriott's in several dozen states and this was the second worst I've been in (somewhere in Indiana about 20 years ago was the worst), Why is housekeeping tapping on the door early in the morning? If I'm checked out, somebody in the hotel will know and should tell them. If I wanted a wake-up I would've asked for one. It's a real disappointment since I stayed here about 15 years ago and it was a place I came back to a half dozen times. You have a lot of choices in this area. Try someplace else.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Indonesian first
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

The hotel is well located and provides easy access to MIT and the City of Boston. Those are the good points. The rooms are small, the AC/Heat temperamental. However the worst element of the hotel is the mattresses or should I say matts. The mattresses (and I am being generous) are 4" matts layed on top of a box spring. They hang 3" over the box and provide no support what so ever and if you sleep on the edge you feel like you are falling out. Pretty shabby for a class hotel.

The breakfast buffet is great, the lobby small and the views from the upper floors are wonderful.....BUT I NEED TO BE ABLE TO SLEEP!

Room Tip: GO HIGH on the SOUTHERN SIDE of the hotel. The view are great
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
CambridgeMarriott, Manager at Boston Marriott Cambridge, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding the location of our hotel and the convenience of being so close to MIT and Boston. I was however disappointed to read about your experience sleeping on one of our mattresses. I would like to sincerely apologize for your lack of sleep and would like to replace that mattress. Unfortunately, since this is an anonymous posting, it is difficult for me to react. It would be greatly appreciated if you could respond to me at ken.lavigne@marriott.com.

I can assure you that we have received many great comments about the comfort of our mattresses and if there is a problem with one in particular, it will be replaced.

Ken Lavigne
Director of Hotel Operations
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

First off I live locally but stayed here 2 nights in September to run a conference at Microsoft next door. Many of the conference guests stayed here and the rest stayed down the street at the Hyatt. My personal experience was good, nice top floor corner room looking towards Fenway and the Charles. A great view. Room was a decent size and clean.

Hotel is attached to Microsoft's New England HQ and in the heart of the tech center of Cambridge/Boston. MIT campus surrounds the area and you can walk to a number of places. Harvard square is a 5 minute drive or you can jump on the T near the hotel entrance to get to most of Boston and Cambridge.

Most guest had good things to say, there were a few room mix ups (someone already in the room) but they were all figured out eventually. The staff was good to work with as well.

Room Tip: Top floor corner rooms facing Boston have nice views.
Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I'm not sure why I had a different experience than others.

To me, the room was a little small and a little humid and dingy. The AC was temperamental.

The service was good, but a bit slow - albeit I checked in rather late. Lots of drunk guys hovering around the lobby when I was there.

Not the best place, but certainly not the worst. Perhaps I just came at a bad time.

On a plus side, the room view was great, they have a few restaurants that deliver 24 hours, and the location is perfect.

Room Tip: Up top, as usual. The view was great.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

This hotel is perfectly situated across the Charles River from downtown Boston, allowing you to enjoy nearby Boston sites such as Beacon Hill, Boston Common, and Fanueil Hall, as well as the adjacent MIT and nearby Harvard in Cambridge. Even better the Kendall Square subway stop is right out the front door. The rooms are spacious and well appointed, with the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. The hotel has a large fitness center with multiple cardio machines and free weights. Breakfast buffet was very generous and food tasty, but was expensive if purchased separately, so purchase it as part of room package if possible.

Room Tip: Choose room facing out front of hotel with views of downtown Boston.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

During a short business trip to Boston on short notice I stayed at this location. Not very far from the airport. Valet was quick and easy as well as getting around on foot. My king room was as expected. Late night during my neighbor had a cry baby that escalated to screaming. I called the front desk,security came up and knocked on the door several times and received no answer.

The front counter person immediately moved me t an huge suite for the rest of my stay where I was able to get a couple of good nights sleep. I'm not sure what became of the crying baby.

Room Tip: Get a suite on a high floor
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Marriott (nearly always) works fine for me. This one is well located (next to T and MIT), spacious clean room. The full rating is given because the complimentary continental breakfast was a full buffet with eggs, sausage, bacon, potatoes, nice orange juice and coffee. I used to stay at the Kendall but they only had a ridiculous rate this time to I switched to the Marriott - this is an alternative now!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Been to Boston Marriott Cambridge? Share your experiences!